2019 Potential FA QBs to Replace Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wasted thread...

Because no matter if you like or dislike Prescott, they will not bring in a high-priced QB to provide competion.

Simply will not happen.

Quite honestly I don't view most of the FA QB's as upgrades... But that's beside the point.

What probably will happen is that Dak will be working with a new OC... That is realistic.
It makes no sense. Dak is cheap and people want to waste 20 million on quarterbacks worse than him or the same caliber. It’s just moronic.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Can't afford Dak and anyone from that list. Dak is not going anywhere.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If I was the Cowboys front office I would bring in Foles, Bridgewater, Chase Daniel. We need someone to compete with Dak for the staring job. We have enough talent to win SB in this era. We have a WR and RB. We need a better scheme and better trigger man.
All the teams that have to pay their QB will regret it. Goff is a 100% system qb, Mcvay has coached him up. He actually talks into his headset until 15 second remain on the play clock. Trubisky is worse than Dak only his coach scripts and practices all the plays they run.
I really think we should stay away from the 25 million contract. We have drafted well and have some significant talent while the rest of the NFC east is down. Don’t blow it!!!
:facepalm:

Wood

Reaction score
If I was the Cowboys front office I would bring in Foles, Bridgewater, Chase Daniel. We need someone to compete with Dak for the staring job. We have enough talent to win SB in this era. We have a WR and RB. We need a better scheme and better trigger man.
All the teams that have to pay their QB will regret it. Goff is a 100% system qb, Mcvay has coached him up. He actually talks into his headset until 15 second remain on the play clock. Trubisky is worse than Dak only his coach scripts and practices all the plays they run.
I really think we should stay away from the 25 million contract. We have drafted well and have some significant talent while the rest of the NFC east is down. Don’t blow it!!!

Foles would be best pickup but I believe he is still under contract next year for Eagles. I think they need to hang onto him now that Wentz is Joe Glass.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
WOW. So many blind fans. Do you honestly think ANY OTHER QB will be any better with Kellen Moore being the QB coach. Another hate thread.

I bet all the haters didn't even realize the kid had 42 completions last week against the Eagles.That’s more than Mahomes, Brees, Rivers, Brady, Rodger's or any other QB in the NFL has completed in a game this season.

Yea, just keep the hating on the kid and ignore all the positives he's done in that 5 game streak. Open your eyes people, Linehan is the problem. Kid's only doing what he's told.

Last edited:

dallas72

Reaction score
I don't think any of these guys are going to be FAs, but Carr and Tannehill would definitely be upgrades.

I'd bring in Bridgewater even if its as a backup.
How would Carr be a upgrade when hes terrible now...he had Cooper and couldnt get him the ball...had Crabtree couldnt get him the ball has TE Cook cant get him the ball ...smh

Kaiser

Reaction score
bet all the haters didn't even realize the kid had 42 completions last week against the Eagles.That’s more than Mahomes, Brees, Rivers, Brady, Rodger's or any other QB in the NFL has completed in a game this season.

Here is another list. This is the list of 3rd year QBs who play great behind a porous offensive line:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How would Carr be a upgrade when hes terrible now...he had Cooper and couldnt get him the ball...had Crabtree couldnt get him the ball has TE Cook cant get him the ball ...smh
He's not terrible - he's better than Dak in almost every measure...Comp %, Yards, Y/A, TD, TD:INT. He didn't have a great start to the season, but has been excellent of late. Hasn't thrown an INT since Week 5, 12 TDs and 0 INTs in his last 8 games.

Idk why he wasn't on the same page with Cooper. That doesn't mean he's terrible.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It makes no sense. Dak is cheap and people want to waste 20 million on quarterbacks worse than him or the same caliber. It’s just moronic.

It's the "Grass is greener" syndrome.

Prescott has issues, but I think the biggest issue is the direction of the offense.

The Cowboys had almost 300 yards of total offense and 19 first downs... Those aren't "Shut-out" numbers. They've had issues in the red-zone all season. If you're telling me that Teddy Bridgewater or Joe Flacco is going to solve the red-zone problems, I'll say you're full of crap.

Fix the direction of the offense first. Then let's talk QB's.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Granted, the Cowboys organization loves Dak for some reason, so this discussion might be all-for-naught. But contrary to what the "we can't get anyone better than Dak right now" crowd says, there might be a few options, if the Cowboys wanted to explore them.

Here's a list of potential free agent QBs this offseason:

> Teddy Bridgewater -- catastrophic injury is completely behind him now, and he's only 26. Showed flashes in the 2018 preseason. There will probably be a big market for him.

> Nick Foles -- Slated to make $20 million next year, so the Eagles will have to let him go.

> Joe Flacco -- Looks pretty evident that the Ravens are ready to hand the reigns to Jackson. Doubt they'll keep Flacco as their backup

> Jameis Winston -- Pretty much a headcase, but he's 25 and would come relatively cheap.

> Derek Carr -- was playing at an MVP level 2 years ago before getting hurt. Gruden is cleaning house, so may Carr may be purged also.

> Ryan Tannehill -- He'll probably be retained by the Dolphins since they Osweiler is their only other legit QB with experience. But Tannehill has proven he can't lead the Dolphins anywhere, so they may cut bait.

> Josh McCown -- old but reliable. Would he be a good stop gap?

> Brock Osweiler -- has played better with the Dolphins than he did with the Texans or Browns. And he's still only 28.

> Tyrod Taylor -- he's a good leader and has had moderate levels of success. And he's only 29.

> Ryan Fitzpatrick -- Fitzmagic in Big D for a year or two?

Who would you be intrigued by? I'd take 4-5 of these guys over Dak right now.
Uber Pass

that list sucks