2022 college football season

DFWJC

Reaction score
Perfect hindsight isn't needed, only common sense.
If they continue w/ momentum and score a TD there and win then, well.....he's right except, maybe your opinion
Yes, it hindsight

Btw, I would've kicked too. But I've seen it done successfully both ways many times.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Maybe if it wasn't the best coaching job (for the season) in the country this year, they might consider it!
:laugh:

They got screwed on that spot. Should've been an inch or two vs a yard.
But yeah, perfect hindsight says he should've kicked it and tied to keep KSU out of the endzone.
i'm surprised they just didn't run a qb sneak.

cowboyec

Reaction score
TCU inches short of the goal in OT,
K State gets the FG for the win
31-28

My guess is here are your final 4...in this order assuming UGa and UM win
  1. Georgia (13-0)
  2. Michigan (13-0)
  3. Ohio State (11-1)
  4. TCU (12-1)
But maybe the panel flips OSU and TCU to prevent a Big Ten rematch in the semis
agree on your 4.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
TCU will probably still make it but it's not a good sign when their OL let their QB get beat up all day vs. K-State and they couldn't pick up 1 yard with the game on the line. If you can't do that, you don't stand a chance against Georgia and Michigan

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
TCU inches short of the goal in OT,
K State gets the FG for the win
31-28

My guess is here are your final 4...in this order assuming UGa and UM win
  1. Georgia (13-0)
  2. Michigan (13-0)
  3. Ohio State (11-1)
  4. TCU (12-1)
But maybe the panel flips OSU and TCU to prevent a Big Ten rematch in the semis
My guess it is keep TCU at 3.
OSU has 1 loss and lost very badly and hasn't played since.
But yes it also avoids repeat. (at least immediately.)

I am not sure any of it matters and Georgia is insanely good.
Feels like a lot of playing for 2nd place tbh.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I doubt TCU stays among the top 4.
Georgia
Michigan
Ohio State
Alabama

terra

Reaction score
Georgia
Michigan
Ohio State
Alabama
The committee would get a lot of heat and deservedly so for putting a 2 loss Alabama(Who SHOULD have lost more) ahead of a team that only had one loss in OT in the Conference Championship game

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The committee would get a lot of heat and deservedly so for putting a 2 loss Alabama(Who SHOULD have lost more) ahead of a team that only had one loss in OT in the Conference Championship game
Maybe, but the committee will weather the storm just like it always has done.
There could be an argument for strength of schedule as the SEC Conference has had more ranked teams than any other conference.
But we'll wait and see.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I think TCU should remain at 3. It was a close loss in overtime while Ohio State lost by multiple scores on their home field. TCU also has that extra win in the win column.

terra

Reaction score
Maybe, but the committee will weather the storm just like it always has done.
There could be an argument for strength of schedule as the SEC Conference has had more ranked teams than any other conference.
But we'll wait and see.
over rated and over ranked

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Georgia
Michigan
Ohio State
Alabama

Those are probably the best teams in the country, and I wouldn’t be too upset about it.

But years ago, the panel made it clear that Championship games are highly favorable. It would be kind of ironic if they punish TCU for playing the 1 extra game that ruined their perfect season while 2-loss Alabama didn’t even get to their conference championship.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
No, it's not hindsight, it's Football 101, you have to give your team a chance to win and the best chance there was to kick the FG.

Aggression seems to be rewarded more in today’s day and age. They gambled and it didn’t pay off for them.

But yeah, not the best gamble. You don’t score a TD, you most likely lose the game as it’s not hard for kstate to get in FG range starting from the 25.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
But yeah, not the best gamble. You don’t score a TD, you most likely lose the game as it’s not hard for kstate to get in FG range starting from the 25.
And that's exactly what happened, they basically gave K-State the game. The wise gamble is to play the safe bet and kick the FG.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No, it's not hindsight, it's Football 101, you have to give your team a chance to win and the best chance there was to kick the FG.
Football 101 my ***.
Whether we think it was right or not, It was not remotely a cut-and-dry decision, and a ton of great coaches would've gone for the TD there with all of that momentum and inches to go.
They would have though THAT gave their team the best chance to win.