2022 college football season

DFWJC

Reaction score
UNC running up and down the field on Clemson but only 7 points to show for it. Brutal for them a great for the Tigers.
Great move by Clemson to replace that average QB. he has been their anchor all year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I doubt TCU stays among the top 4.
Georgia
Michigan
Ohio State
Alabama
If they put a 2 loss Bama in after the bum SEC West season then they can just scrap the entire CFP.
The same LSU team that beat Bama was mollywhopped today.
If Bama wants to get in with 2 losses it must at the very least make the SEC CG.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
UNC running up and down the field on Clemson but only 7 points to show for it. Brutal for them a great for the Tigers.
Yea will see if it holds in 2nd half. Clemson has played good bend but don't break defense.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Michigan and Georgia were automatic locks

I meant more like, how does it affect the perceptions of 1 loss TCU.

Edit: I really want TCU to stay put and face off against Michigan.

My wife went to TCU, so I have somewhat of soft spot for them. I’m pretty certain it would mark the first time they’ve played Michigan in the program’s history. Would be cool

DFWJC

Reaction score
I meant more like, how does it affect the perceptions of 1 loss TCU.

Edit: I really want TCU to stay put and face off against Michigan.

My wife went to TCU, so I have somewhat of soft spot for them. I’m pretty certain it would mark the first time they’ve played Michigan in the program’s history. Would be cool
I'd prefer that too
UGa vs Ohio St
TCU vs Michigan

not sure that's what it'll be, but I'd like those matchups

Mannix

Reaction score
If Purdue beats Michigan, someone will need to explain to me why Ohio St. should be shoehorned into the final 4....a team that got blown out at home by a team that cannot beat the winner of a pathetic Big 10 West....AND, did not play in their conference Championship Game...nope....not in my world.

Mannix

Reaction score
Are those Dr. Pepper contestants related to a QB we know? :muttley::muttley::muttley: Just asking for a friend.

lukin2006

Reaction score
OSU leap frogs USC and the top 3 remain the same…can’t see why OSU would leap frog over TCU as well…

terra

Reaction score
Purdue gave Michigan a better fight but just got beat down.
TCU should be in over Alabama at the least. OSU? this is a year when you really should only have two teams in the playoffs.

THIS YEAR shows why having a 12 team playoff is bad in so many ways.

Clemson is really up and down - but then they and NC both got beat by Notre Dame that got handled by USC that got worked by UTAH. This is why College Football is such a great game and why messing with it is beyond stupid.
LSU beat Alabama and BK got supposedly kudos even though its clear Alabama (for them) is just a team this year then BK shows the usual limp noodle act in the big game.

terra

Reaction score
OSU leap frogs USC and the top 3 remain the same…can’t see why OSU would leap frog over TCU as well…
Yeah, OSU should not be rated over TCU. TCU lost in OT in a conference Championship game while OSU got destroyed in a regular season game.
Though of course getting beat by KState is not as respectable as getting beat by Michigan.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Yeah, OSU should not be rated over TCU. TCU lost in OT in a conference Championship game while OSU got destroyed in a regular season game.
Though of course getting beat by KState is not as respectable as getting beat by Michigan.

it is the way Michigan dismantled OSU is why I don’t Ohio should jump more than 1 spot…

I would think the playoff committee would rather have Michigan v Georgia for the national championship…

What a great weekend of football so far…

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
it is the way Michigan dismantled OSU is why I don’t Ohio should jump more than 1 spot…

I would think the playoff committee would rather have Michigan v Georgia for the national championship…

What a great weekend of football so far…
Yessir!!
These games detailed why the expanded playoffs will be so awesome.
We could have ended the season at 6 games and just handed Georgia the trophy... or we can see a heck a lot of high-quality football between good teams, many of whom got better as the season wore on.
Like, I don't know, the NFL or any other sport known to man.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Anyone with a brain has

1. Georgia --win streak running from last year's SECCG til now.
2. Michigan --undefeated P5 conf champ.
3. TCU --12 win team with loss by a few inches in OT.
4. OSU -- 1 loss P5 team who lost at home by 20 but looks amazing most other weeks.

After that it gets much tougher. Helmet brands have been handed all the ties.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Purdue gave Michigan a better fight but just got beat down.
TCU should be in over Alabama at the least. OSU? this is a year when you really should only have two teams in the playoffs.

THIS YEAR shows why having a 12 team playoff is bad in so many ways.

Clemson is really up and down - but then they and NC both got beat by Notre Dame that got handled by USC that got worked by UTAH. This is why College Football is such a great game and why messing with it is beyond stupid.
LSU beat Alabama and BK got supposedly kudos even though its clear Alabama (for them) is just a team this year then BK shows the usual limp noodle act in the big game.

12 teams is just too many.

Honestly, 4 is fine.

Half the time No. 3 and No. 4 are chum for the sharks anyway.

terra

Reaction score
12 teams is just too many.

Honestly, 4 is fine.

Half the time No. 3 and No. 4 are chum for the sharks anyway.
there have been a couple of years when their might have been 5 teams pretty equal to choose from; but I have never seen a year where there were more than that truly legitimate contenders.

If I had my druthers, I would go with 6; with the top 2 having byes. To me that would all but make certain that any team that was a real contender would be included.

terra

Reaction score
Yessir!!
These games detailed why the expanded playoffs will be so awesome.
We could have ended the season at 6 games and just handed Georgia the trophy... or we can see a heck a lot of high-quality football between good teams, many of whom got better as the season wore on.
Like, I don't know, the NFL or any other sport known to man.
sure it will be awesome; ensuring that there will be multiple blow outs each year
Anyone thinking 12 teams are legitimate contenders each year is an idiot