2023 Cap Hits: Brock Purdy 1M, Jordan Love 4M, Dak Prescott 27M

ICP

Reaction score
Dallas had their chance when Daks contract was in those numbers and even Zeke's was for a couple years at the same time. But Dumb and Dumber(in their infinite wisdom) chose to try to draft an entire team rather than supplement it with quality free agents. Lol they also probably had cap hits from Romo and other has beens for too many years to do anything

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Omg then cut him. Cut him, he cost to much money. Now go get someone better than him for 800k. WTH.

We had Dak for cheap for as long as JJ could milk it. At some point these players are getting paid.
Exactly it’s kind of Jerry fault he is an expensive as he is now. He waited to sign Dak and even had Dak play on a franchise tag. Dak got better and better and deserved the contract he signed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescotts-contract-guarantees-hell-051256555.html#:~:text=But it would have been,painted themselves into a corner.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
SF got crushed at home by Baltimore just a few weeks ago. Their defense made Purdy’s life a living hell. He tossed 4 INTs. He pretty much got benched. No one will beat the Raven’s the way they’re playing. They’re the one’s that will be doing the crushing.
Cowboys should go after the Ravens 36 year old D-Coordinator (I know....NFL rules prohibit a lateral move) but give him Co-Head Coach / D-Coordinator position.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Exactly it’s kind of Jerry fault he is an expensive as he is now. He waited to sign Dak and even had Dak play on a franchise tag. Dak got better and better and deserved the contract he signed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescotts-contract-guarantees-hell-051256555.html#:~:text=But it would have been,painted themselves into a corner.
Yes he did. And remember they could have and needed to sign him before wentz got his contract. Would have been cheaper. But again he waited and when they had a hand shake deal the agent pulled out when they beat fins. His agent is gonna be a terrible person to work with on this extension..

Brooksey

Reaction score
The best sure fire way to build a championship team is with an elite QB. If Baltimore and San Francisco rematch, I’m confident the Raven’s defense will make Brock Purdy‘s life miserable like they did several weeks ago. He would have a difficult time out playing Jackson who can kill you in so many ways.
Elite QB's perform in playoff conditions, they should be at their best.

I hope SF gets their butts kicked next week or in the SB, they're not playing that well.

I don't see it though.

Kwyn

Reaction score
2024 Update: Purdy 800k, Love 12M, Dak 59M

Dallas:
Dak Prescott would have had to be significantly better than both Purdy and Love in the playoffs, he was less than both.
We needed a healthy Stephon Gillmore (or Diggs) to play man coverage with Bland, instead injury forced Quinn into playing zone, a disaster. We needed a healthy LVE
to have a chance at stopping the run, instead we had safeties playing LB and got blown off the ball against the run.

SF: The extra QB money allows SF to field a better overall roster and the best in the NFL
For example, the extra 26M pays for cap hits on Nick Bosa 11M, Fred Warner 9M and Dre Greenlaw 5M

GB: With Jordan Love at 4M, the three WR's on rookie contracts (Watson, Doubs, Reed) they played WAY above their pay grade.
GB is young, talented and have great coaching. They're a very dangerous team until Love wants 50M, the Wr's and DB's want 20M each

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/cap/2023/
This has much less to do with any of the players involved than it does with the way the NFL pays QBs.

There’s already word today that Love is going to be offered a massive contract and either this off season, or next, Purdy will do the same.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I don't think he'll take the team friendly deal and I'm not sold that he'll overcome the playoff anxiety if he does.

If we could sign Dak at 35M and get regular season Dak in the playoffs, I'm in
Sure, because in the situation you describe, you’d be getting a SB MVP level player 15-25 million below market.

lol.

Kwyn

Reaction score
His greedy butt will probably demand 75m per.... And Jerry will cave.
I heard it was a hundred million and Jerry drove in a truck with gold bars.

Tomorrow I’ll say it’s 125m per.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Jerry needs to put his foot down against every player getting paid the most. You get your big contract the 1st time around. Fine. The 2nd time around if you're still around and want to remain, you give the team a discount. Don't like it? Hit the road, Jack! The team will move on without you! Good luck getting paid the highest elsewhere.
That would have meant just this year we cut Zack Martin. He didn’t even play out his contract before he held out of camp wanting more money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Elite QB's perform in playoff conditions, they should be at their best.

I hope SF gets their butts kicked next week or in the SB, they're not playing that well.

I don't see it though.
Elite QBs have had some struggles in the playoffs and SB. Mahomes had a bad SB and John Elway had three bad SBs. Marino had his struggles in postseason. Dan Fouts and Warren Moon who are both in the Hall of Fame never got to a Super Bowl. If you don’t have a complete team around you, it’s going to fall on the shoulders of your QB.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

At least Dak got on track and tried to get us back but the defense could never get a stop and actually got worse.
That's because GB started playing soft coverages once they were up 20+

Story of Dak's career. Piling up garbage time stats and acting like he had a great day, when anyone but his most ardent defenders knows the truth

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Both teams have a staff and roster waaaay better than the front runners we have.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Elite QBs have had some struggles in the playoffs and SB. Mahomes had a bad SB and John Elway had three bad SBs. Marino had his struggles in postseason. Dan Fouts and Warren Moon who are both in the Hall of Fame never got to a Super Bowl. If you don’t have a complete team around you, it’s going to fall on the shoulders of your QB.
I wish Dak had Superbowl or NFC championship problems

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wish Dak had Superbowl or NFC championship problems
If he did he would be receiving as much hate, if not more than he’s receiving now. Even if we won a Super Bowl with him, there’s fans that don’t want to pay big money for a QB.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
This argument is so old.

Only way to solve this issue is to cap QB pay but the NFL allow some sort of off the books bonus to QB's who's play warrants the bonus. Even then...its subjective.

You cant give a QB a bonus because he won a Super Bowl when it was the Defense that won the game for him and he played average.

The QB market is out of whack in a team game. I dont fault agents or players for not taking discounts.

The league should experiment with what the internet GM's scream for...win a Super Bowl or go to another team. Cut Throat. Not crying over..."Well...Mahommes did awesome...it was our awful defense". So...Mahommes has to go. He didnt win it. He is at fault.

Just shuffle QB's who dont win the SB. You cant keep your QB if he doesnt win the SB.

It would make football message boards way more interesting. It eliminates 90% of garbage. Would make the league more interesting as well. All non-SB winners have to shuffle their QBs.

QB's get max of 17.5 percent. If you win a SB you get a 10M bonus even if you play average. When teams shuffle QBs...they have training camp to decide if they want to run the season with a draft pick or their new shuffled QB form another team.

Just do something to end this played out convo. Shuffling non-SB winners is the best way to shut everyone up.

Brooksey

Reaction score
If he did he would be receiving as much hate, if not more than he’s receiving now.
I don't think so and there would be no question on who you want your future QB to be. Cowboys fans haven't seen a NFC Champ game in 30 years.

When you freeze up at home as a favorite against the 7th seed, it creates a lot of questions.

Brooksey

Reaction score
This has much less to do with any of the players involved than it does with the way the NFL pays QBs.

There’s already word today that Love is going to be offered a massive contract and either this off season, or next, Purdy will do the same.
What are you even talking about? You're missing the point. I really don't care what QB's are paid, get as much as you can if you're the QB.

Love wasn't paid much that this year though was he? Was Purdy? No he wasn't. I'm talking about differences in rosters in the playoffs right now.

Do you think GB is going to have the same roster when the pay Love 50M, Doubs 15M, Watson 15M, ZA 20M etc?

I'm also talking about our roster vs SF's roster, giving the fact that they can spent 30M less on QB this year. They should have a better roster but our QB should be better, he wasn't.