Draft Day 2024 First round pick chat

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
May have to trade up from 56 to get JPJ or Frazier.

I think Jerry really, really, really wants Brooks though.
And we may trade up to get him. Hopefully if we do, we give up no more than a fifth. However, based on the talk being right about Guyton, it seems safe to figure that the talk about Brooks being our second-round target is also right.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No people wanted Manziel because they wanted a QB to get since Romo was coming off an injury and they felt we picked Martin too high. You have slippery memory you weren't even on this board so hush fool
Yes
I could give you 50 names of Zoners who wanted usto take Johnny, and some wanted us to trade up to top 10 for him.

Carson

Reaction score
I really like Barton, but I also wanted Linderbaum 2 years ago and we went T instead and it turned out pretty well.
Guyton and Smith on the left side, Martin and Steele on the right looks amazing from a running the ball perspective.
My #1 target at 56 just went 32 (haha).
So my question is this:
What if we JPJ/Frazier were still there in the 35-40 range?
Would you move 56 and 73 to move up and get one?
I'd definitely do it for 56 and 87, even though I like a lot of guys projected in the 3rd.
Imagine getting Guyton and Frazier in this draft, and still having a 3rd rounder.
Then we'd have Tyler/Tyler/Zach/Zach and Terrance, haha.
No. You can get Van Pran, Puni, Lee later

DFWJC

Reaction score
GM Jethro definitely wanted some Manziel. I would bet money he had already started printing jerseys in advance
And half of this forum.

But GM Jerry had final say and we DID NOT take Johnny.
That is the bottom line

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I just think the lber Cooper would have been smarter. We have Overshown coming back from injury, Kendricks is older that and add in the fact guyton is a raw player. This team seriously needs to learn how to allocate resources.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Worst case scenario is he does not make the team. Playing left guard in the NFL is not easy. Where do you get off assuming this guy will be “awesome” at it? You have no clue. This goof could be playing for the San Antonio Brahmas next April.
Lol. I've watched his tape. He's a good football player. I don't trust the Cowboys at much, but they are probably the best in the NFL at OL talent.

Doesn't make the team? Man. I hope you have a better day. This was me last year when we picked Mazi. He's better than Mazi on his worst day.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'd rather see Tyler Smith at LT. He's shown he can play it.

Contract or no I'm not sold on Steele. Is anyone really?
Steele was coming off a serious injury. He had played well the previous year to earn that contract.

gimmesix

Reaction score
If we can get thst level of play it'd be a win imo
Well, despite the fact that he is green, Guyton gave up zero sacks in 335 pass-blocking snaps. That's not anything to sneeze at.

kwcool619

Reaction score
A safe pick with Guyton. Let's see how he will develop. Waiting to see what tomorrow will bring.

The window of the Buffalo Bills is closing really fast. They traded a pick with the very team that you have to get over the hump (KC). And KC drafted another weapon for Mahomes, Xavier Worthy aka Tyreek Hill Jr. Puzzling.

Atlanta. Paid Kirk Cousins but they draft Michael Penix Jr. Puzzling.

Loso86

Reaction score
Probably smith initially but Steele wasn’t great last year so if he doesn’t bounce back he might get pushed
I think I heard the plan was keeping smith at LG and putting Guyton at LT. They think Steele took a while to get fully healthy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We had a day one starting center looking at us in the face. We drop down in the FIRST round and pick a development guy that we hope pans out.
Take a deep breath. I was all in on Barton and very skeptical of Guyton at 24. However, we now have a shot at both Guyton and JPJ, plus an early 3rd.

So you have to at least let it play out. I maybe end up being upset after tomorrow, but you can't come to a conclusion just yet.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lol. I've watched his tape. He's a good football player. I don't trust the Cowboys at much, but they are probably the best in the NFL at OL talent.

Doesn't make the team? Man. I hope you have a better day. This was me last year when we picked Mazi. He's better than Mazi on his worst day.
How u figure? They hit on 4 o line picks 2 that were layup. But have missed on everyone past the 1st round

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I hate the pick because we didn't address any needs in free agency. We don't have the luxury of developmental picks if we want to win now.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I wanted OT Barton, but at least we got an OT. Coulda been worse, Jerry could've taken another TE. :laugh: