Twitter: 2nd round tender on Steele

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There are numerous late 2nd round draft teams (Bengals, Chiefs, Eagles, Giants, etc.) that could look at a 25-year old RT with plenty of experience as a worthy addition in exchange for the late 2nd pick.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Sure but turning into a guy who locks down the starting RT job for a decade is an even better return
Once he signs his big deal you guys would turn on him and blame Jerry for signing him. You guys do this with every signing, release, trade, firing. Talk out of both ends.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Imo they should have put the 1st round tender on him. Somebody picking at 62 could easily give that up.

Hes worth more than that to us imho
IF we choose not to match the contract
not coming off an acl and no way to know how it effects his play going forward. not lie he was the best RT in football. he was vastly improved one of the better run blocker but in the pass still had some issues. this is good tender knowing these facts...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Go watch some film. After Steele went out the running game went completely downhill. It’s not even close.
not coming off an acl and no way to know how it effects his play going forward. not lie he was the best RT in football. he was vastly improved one of the better run blockers but in the pass still had some issues. this is good tender knowing these facts...

please don't be the fan overvaluing a player like the Jonses typically like their guys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This doesnt mean we are losing Steele, he is an RFA... 2 choices extend him before he becomes an RFA OR put a tendor on him during RFA..the player has options here and why in the world would the player sign a "Team Friendly" deal before going RFA? They used the option you have with an RFA...its not dumb or smart its dealing with an RFA in the off season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't understand how these guys are so stupid with their posts.
what? Who are you to think you know any better? Steele is a proven premier RT with LT flex. He is young and getting better. I'd like to think we hang onto him but I am a realist. Whats stupid is this front office. THAT is provable.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Kind of risky but I don't see a team giving up a 2nd round pick for a guy coming off a torn ACL and MCL. Steele gets $4.3 million from Dallas this year to prove himself coming off the injury and can set himself up for a big contract in 2024.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kind of risky but I don't see a team giving up a 2nd round pick for a guy coming off a torn ACL and MCL. Steele gets $4.3 million from Dallas this year to prove himself coming off the injury and can set himself up for a big contract in 2024.
Its hard to find a high caliber starting RT in this league.Injury or no injury. His upside is still huge. Some team might make a tender.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
THIS makes sense. Its def. risky **.
Its not risky as much as how the league works, if your steele and his agent are you doing a team friendly deal or saying,"Lets see what other teams think" odds are good he is a Cowboy, if not its because we dont WAY overpay him for what he is...thats not risk its how player contracts work. No one was yelling "Pay Steele a huge contract" last year which is when you would've needed to do this to keep him from going RFA...again im no fan of this FO but this is not a smart or dumb move, its literally how RFA works in the league. If another team makes offers him the highest contract for an RT are we all saying blindly match it? put it this way he was an UDFA and ended up starting, once he planted Collins his agent was looking for this next contract.

stinkface

Reaction score
Its not risky as much as how the league works, if your steele and his agent are you doing a team friendly deal or saying,"Lets see what other teams think" odds are good he is a Cowboy, if not its because we dont WAY overpay him for what he is...thats not risk its how player contracts work. No one was yelling "Pay Steele a huge contract" last year which is when you would've needed to do this to keep him from going RFA...again im no fan of this FO but this is not a smart or dumb move, its literally how RFA works in the league. If another team makes offers him the highest contract for an RT are we all saying blindly match it? put it this way he was an UDFA and ended up starting, once he planted Collins his agent was looking for this next contract.
You let the other teams set the market so we don't overpay, because Jerry has a tendency to overpay his guys. I submit Zeke and Dak as evidence of such.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Once he signs his big deal you guys would turn on him and blame Jerry for signing him. You guys do this with every signing, release, trade, firing. Talk out of both ends.
You guys? Care to quote a time I’ve done that with a guy I wanted them to sign? Or are you just making things up?