3-4 switch way overblown?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
LMAO!
Anytime my feet start leaving Mother Earth, I can always count on you, Mike, to remind me of the laws of gravity.

Ok, let me rephrase.

I have confidence that TUNA will do enough bus building, and badger Drew sufficiently, that enough of the eight years of DB rust/obstinancy/lethargy can be removed to, if not resurrect the 1996 Drew Bledsoe, create a reasonable illusion of him.

Even if Tuna has to go back to 1993 rookie coaching mode, which means setting himself behind Drew in every practice, screaming, "throw it, throw it you stupid son-of-a-b" until the fear of Parcells offsets the ego-ridden desire to make a kill in the end zone resurfaces.

I doubt this season Bledsoe engages in anywhere near the ballpatting he did in recent years, even if Bill has to not just half the field for him, but quarter it.

I also have confidence Marco Rivera and Larry Allen aren't gonna take looking foolish lightly if Drew takes all day back there so he can look like the man on high light reels.

Uh uh, oh no.

Hijack...accomplished. :)

LOL!

Barb I was put on this earth for your amusement!

Honestly, and this is just between you and I, I think Bledsoe will have a decent season. NOT '2002' decent with over 4,000 yards passing because the Tuna won't go down that path but 3,000 yards, 20TD's, 14 picks and a completion percentage of 58%. Better stats than Vinny or Quincy... not great... not Pro-Bowl numbers but efficient. And I do think our season will come down to the last game.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
LOL!

Barb I was put on this earth for your amusement!

Actually, Nors was, but since he's on ignore, you'll have to wear the jester cap today.

You were put on earth (or at least on the Zone)for a loftier goal - enlightenment.

Honestly, and this is just between you and I, I think Bledsoe will have a decent season. NOT '2002' decent with over 4,000 yards passing because the Tuna won't go down that path but 3,000 yards, 20TD's, 14 picks and a completion percentage of 58%. Better stats than Vinny or Quincy... not great... not Pro-Bowl numbers but efficient. And I do think our season will come down to the last game.

That's what I've been after, Mike, and that's about what I thought you thought.

And I concur.

Well, I am catchin it again for being on board since ten am....("what can you possibly have to say you haven't said 100 times before".."nothing honey"), lol later.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I agree on Harper somewhat but he only had 20 catches for 1 TD his first year and 35 catches for 4 TD's his second. Evans I think had 48 catches for almost 1,000 yards and 9TD's. That is one nice rookie season.

and there's still only one ball to go around Mike...Irvin had 93 catches in 1991 (his breakout season)...Novecek had 59 and Emmitt had 49...also, Aikman only started 11 of 166 games in 1991...Buerlien started the other 5

David

blindzebra

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
I'm glad you're getting on.

I'm on there too... and not just because he's the QB of my favorite team either (although that plays a significant part).

No, the reason I'm in Bledsoe's corner can be summed up in twelve words:

Anthony Wright
Tony Banks
Quincy Carter
Chad Hutchinson
Ryan Leaf
Vinny Testaverde

Now, doesn't the words Drew Bledsoe look suddenly better?

He's the best we've had since Troy. I must admit that I'd be less excited about the prospect of Bledsoe running the offense if Parcells wasn't the coach. I think Big Bill will keep Bledsoe in line and keep him running the offense the way Parcells wants it ran.

We'll see... but I think he's going to do just fine.

I have three words in reply:

Tallest dwarf syndrome.:D

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I have three words in reply:

Tallest dwarf syndrome.:D

Or as Juke (I think) put it yesterday:

Which is the best illness, Chicken Pox, Mumps or Measles?:)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Or as Juke (I think) put it yesterday:

Which is the best illness, Chicken Pox, Mumps or Measles?:)
It's best to have all three together and get it over with.

And at least with Chad and Quincy, the sentence ran pretty much concurrently.