3 lost fumbles - 3 ints by the QB = 1-3

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If you want to make a point about not playing perfect and winning I’m not sure if using teams that played this crappy defense is the way to do it.

If you want to use Dak’s turnovers as the reason why the defense sucks that’s fine but one or two short field for the defense doesn’t justify giving up 35-40 points a game.

No I’m saying that we are losing because the entire team is failing at their job.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'm not crazy to think Dak is fully to blame but his turnovers were at critical points in the game.

The team is a league worst minus-7 turnover ratio after four games and Dak has a lot of that blame.

Zeke doesnt get a pass with his 2 fumbles lost.

The 2 leaders on the team are making critical errors and we as fans wonder why Cowboys are 1-3

Ehh, 1 Int at the end of the last game did not matter at all or effect anything-we were not winning at that point an Amari HAS to cross the face of the dB there.

Prior week Int at the end of the last game was 1 play before it had to be. Yes he could have run and saved the play but it was one play early and very little time.

12 ints on the year for the number of passes he is throwing is very,very respectable-nothing to complain about there.

Fumble in Cleveland I put on Steele.Fumble vs Seattle is on Dak.

Defense just flat out sucks-I definitely am not gonna knock Daks effort and play-he is probably best performer overall on the team this year outside of maybe the 148-1600 pace of Amari

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Bs. He had 200 yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half of last game.

yes he played well. What happened as the browns were scoring 31 straight points thereafter. Did daks offenses not touch the ball?

He played a superb first quarter. Below average second and third quarters (where we scored 0 pts) and then put up stats down 38-14.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Ehh, 1 Int at the end of the last game did not matter at all or effect anything-we were not winning at that point an Amari HAS to cross the face of the dB there.

Prior week Int at the end of the last game was 1 play before it had to be. Yes he could have run and saved the play but it was one play early and very little time.

12 ints on the year for the number of passes he is throwing is very,very respectable-nothing to complain about there.

Fumble in Cleveland I put on Steele.Fumble vs Seattle is on Dak.

Defense just flat out sucks-I definitely am not gonna knock Daks effort and play-he is probably best performer overall on the team this year outside of maybe the 148-1600 pace of Amari

dive into that deeper.

week 1 - defense gives up 20 pts. Daks offense can muster up only 3 second half.

week 2 - dak needs a miracle to win. He’s directly involved in us going down 20-0.

week 3 - throws an int end of the first half. Game ending drive he’s dinking and dunking and we run out of time. I don’t even put the last int on him... but he takes a bad sack.

week 4 - plays a great first then the offense goes silent till “we need a miracle” time again.

the whole he never had a defense argument is flawed to. Last year the d was top 10... maybe in reality they weren’t that good... but they were above average. Dak couldn’t beat a beat up philly team late in the year for the division

SumGuy

Reaction score
yes he played well. What happened as the browns were scoring 31 straight points thereafter. Did daks offenses not touch the ball?

He played a superb first quarter. Below average second and third quarters (where we scored 0 pts) and then put up stats down 38-14.

This exactly. The Browns do NOT have a good defense (look at their last 6 games dating back to last year) plus they have some injuries. And yet the Dak & Co. were held scoreless for two straight quarters, and only found life when Browns went into soft coverage? That's a troubling sign...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea and guess what, we lost last week by 11 points, we gave up 14 points that came off turnovers. Week before against Seattle - same thing. In each of these games you take care of the ball you win and gues what, your QB isn’t tossing it 50+ times a game
But you only lost by 11 points because of Dak lol. Make no mistake this week and last week were 16-20 point butt whooping regardless of what the score said. This defense can't stop anyone. I'd agree with you if they can get a stop but they literally don't get turnovers or get off the field on 3rd down. They can do nothing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He fumbled and Zeke fumbled. That's two possession right there. But the story here isn't that the offense is mistake free because its nots. The story here is that the offense HAS TO BE mistake free in order to win and that's INSANE.

starfan1

Reaction score
Lol oh... but he is.
I’m a Dak fan but turnovers hurt. I blame the coaches by not helping out Steele that said Dak also should be more aware and get rid of the hall sooner. Why the coaching staff has a double move route is beyond me

zekes fumbles kill us our defense sucks too bad to have turnovers that’s the shame of it

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
it's not even the turnover themselves as much as it is the timing. It's one thing to fumble in the 1st q and then have another one in the 4th q. But when they come in a series of drives right after another, it demoralizes the team and especially the D. I don't really hold the end of game interceptions against Dak as much as I do the fumbles. And it seems if Dak fumbles, you can count on Zeke fumbling on the next series. Both these guys have to increase their focus and not put the team behind the 8 ball like they have several times this year.
Jerry threw out a lot of hints today on 105.3 the fan. He is not convinced on Dak. I don’t blame him. One game of mistake free football might help.
so he demands perfection? ooookkkk

CWR

Reaction score
I'm not crazy to think Dak is fully to blame but his turnovers were at critical points in the game.

The team is a league worst minus-7 turnover ratio after four games and Dak has a lot of that blame.

Zeke doesnt get a pass with his 2 fumbles lost.

The 2 leaders on the team are making critical errors and we as fans wonder why Cowboys are 1-3

Its definitely a part of the problem. Dak has done a lot to win as well. If the defense would cooperate we'd probably be a win or 2 better.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
btw RW has zero lost fumbles been sacked 11 times thats 2 more then Dak ,
is 4-0 with horrid defense as well..

why Luck? no hes simply better his YPA is #1 4 less TOS on more sacks and bad defense
not as horrid as dallas. if dallas was horrid and would give up 31 points a game. we would be 3-1...this defense is beyond horrid.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeh lets blame dak when zeke has the most fumbles lost in the entire NFL. And daks fumbles occured while he was trying to throw the ball. This thread is cheeks

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
dive into that deeper.

week 1 - defense gives up 20 pts. Daks offense can muster up only 3 second half.

week 2 - dak needs a miracle to win. He’s directly involved in us going down 20-0.

week 3 - throws an int end of the first half. Game ending drive he’s dinking and dunking and we run out of time. I don’t even put the last int on him... but he takes a bad sack.

week 4 - plays a great first then the offense goes silent till “we need a miracle” time again.

the whole he never had a defense argument is flawed to. Last year the d was top 10... maybe in reality they weren’t that good... but they were above average. Dak couldn’t beat a beat up philly team late in the year for the division
so you are saying its Dak's offense...right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No but how about some consistent mistake free football for a single game?
the amount of passing and offensive output we have to come up with just to stay close in the games....that puts a lot of pressure on the offense and our offensive turnovers and mistakes are no different than tampa, seattle, GB, NO, Bills, Rams, etc. but they have a semblance of a defense. we have none. just think we could have one of the worst defenses in the league giving up 31 points a game. and we would be 3-1....but we have a defense that's softer than melted butter.

and btw, what you just said is that you expect this offense to play perfect, mistake free for us to have a chance at a win. is that reasonable and sustainable? that's now how you can win in the NFL and get to playoffs. you may win a game. but its IMPOSSIBLE to play 16 mistake free games...that's unreasonable..

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
the amount of passing and offensive output we have to come up with just to stay close in the games....that puts a lot of pressure on the offense and our offensive turnovers and mistakes are no different than tampa, seattle, GB, NO, Bills, Rams, etc. but they have a semblance of a defense. we have none. just think we could have one of the worst defenses in the league giving up 31 points a game. and we would be 3-1....but we have a defense that's softer than melted butter.

and btw, what you just said is that you expect this offense to play perfect, mistake free for us to have a chance at a win. is that reasonable and sustainable? that's now how you can win in the NFL and get to playoffs. you may win a game. but its IMPOSSIBLE to play 16 mistake free games...that's unreasonable..
It was 14-14 vs Cleveland and the turnovers made it 28-14. Same thing happened in Seattle. Stop with the excuses. McCarthy said the number one thing this team must correct is the turnovers.