#34 Darius Jackson

Reaction score
Jackson hasn't done squat. Until he does and wows the coaches, McFadden is on the team.

I'm not sure we spend a 6th round pick on a RB of the plan was not to put him on the 53 and cut McFadden to save $2m in last year of his deal. Now, you're right, Jackson hasn't done anything yet. But McFadden's days are numbered if Jackson shows he can play ST well. Just can't keep both Morris and McFadden active with neither playing ST IMO.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McFadden still offers something the Cowboys may not have behind Elliott and that's a really effective pass protector and receiver on 3rd downs. Morris and Dunbar can do one and not the other. If Jackson can show potential in both areas that's when I think McFadden becomes expendable.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
IDK but EE is special and you can se it when he goes up against other backs. Just on another level.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
The chances of carrying 4 RBs have been reduced with the Cowboys holding a roster spot open for Smith who likely won't play all season.

I know this has been discussed in nauseam, but they must think he will play and maybe they carry one less LB instead because of their belief.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed in nauseam, but they must think he will play and maybe they carry one less LB instead because of their belief.

Jerry is the only one who seems to believe there's an outside chance he could play optimism flows through his veins. Stephen says he won't play this year and everyone else is saying the same thing. We'll just have to see.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'm not sure we spend a 6th round pick on a RB of the plan was not to put him on the 53 and cut McFadden to save $2m in last year of his deal. Now, you're right, Jackson hasn't done anything yet. But McFadden's days are numbered if Jackson shows he can play ST well. Just can't keep both Morris and McFadden active with neither playing ST IMO.

Uh...something called the Practice Squad. That's what it's for. To develop players. Again, no way Jackson makes team unless he wows coaches in practice or in the pre season games. Team loves McFadden, or Jerry/Garrett do.

Reaction score
Uh...something called the Practice Squad. That's what it's for. To develop players. Again, no way Jackson makes team unless he wows coaches in practice or in the pre season games. Team loves McFadden, or Jerry/Garrett do.

You're really gonna carry 3 game day tailbacks, none of whom play special teams?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Why can't McFadden or Morris play special teams? McFadden has the quickness to do it. Morris, not so much.

Because they were college & pro bell cows that were never asked to it before therefore no experience other than kickoff returns.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...al-2015-cowboys-running-game-data-man-vs-zone

Interesting article.

Still, 7.5 ypc on man runs? That's nearly 1,800 yards on 240 carries, if we're ignoring all other context.

Reaction score
Jackson hasn't done squat. Until he does and wows the coaches, McFadden is on the team.

Hey PJ, I didn't write this article, it only sounds like I did from my post to you...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...s-jackson-push-darren-mcfadden-off-the-roster

Dallas clearly had something in mind when they selected a running back in the back-end of the draft. Think back to the 1990 NFL Draft when they selected Emmitt Smith with the 17th-overall pick. Just a year later, the Cowboys drafted Curvin Richards in the fourth round. The Cowboys wouldn't waste a pick on Jackson in the sixth round if they weren't serious about keeping him on the roster. Dallas faces a difficult decision to make regarding the running back situation, but keeping Jackson and cutting ties with McFadden is a move that can potentially provide huge dividends for the Cowboys in the long term.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Dude reminds me of Brandon Jacobs.

Fair enough! Brandon Jacobs was a huge rb that made many cowboy dbs shed tears. Question, whos more jacked rod smith or darius jackson or some rookie wearing #43 in the running back drills that i cant find on the cowboys roster yet was shown on the rookie camp video

Jake0

Reaction score

In order to get to the practice squad, the player has to be cut and clear waivers. Something tells me Jackson wouldn't clear waivers unless he just looks absolutely horrendous in the preseason. Better think of another solution.

wileedog

Reaction score
Interesting article.

Still, 7.5 ypc on man runs? That's nearly 1,800 yards on 240 carries, if we're ignoring all other context.

It's crazy. But the team is clearly built for zone blocking and how much longer is McFadden going to last? Better to get a guy like Morris who has spent his entire career in a zone blocking system.

Plus I think Morris is better at getting yards after contact. Picking up 3 or 4 yards even on "bad" runs is what Murray did best, and kept us in manageable 3rd downs in 2014. McFadden goes down too quickly if that is our formula.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Fair enough! Brandon Jacobs was a huge rb that made many cowboy dbs shed tears. Question, whos more jacked rod smith or darius jackson or some rookie wearing #43 in the running back drills that i cant find on the cowboys roster yet was shown on the rookie camp video

#43 was probably tryout FB Mandel Dixon 6-2 240 blocker or Keith Smith switched from #41. There was also another tryout RB Taylor Cox but he's only 209