Twitter: 49ers DB Jimmie Ward on their gameplan

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Honest question.......how many think 49er win the game with 14 penalties for over 100+ yards. No, I'm not excusing Dak's poor performance, just being real. To lay to this loss on him 100% is misguided......the entire team, coaches included lost this game.
No one is laying this on him 100%. This thread is about his share of the blame.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Exactly! It's bad enough knowing your QB is a tier 3 QB but it's extremely annoying when some people defend him like he is a top 5 QB. And to make matters worse you have idiots comparing him to Mahomes or Rodgers.
Classic

NotForLong

Reaction score
I agree with you 100% the Cowboys have bigger issues then their quarterback but the guy held the Cowboys hostage for two seasons because his agent said he was the best quarterback in the NFL. A game where the Cowboys were overmatched from start to finish, Dak had the perfect opportunity to steal the game. You could not ask for a better situation if you are a Dak homer like I am. He failed miserably.
Classic

NotForLong

Reaction score
It's funny people still bring up that 2016 playoff game as if they didn't see ot themselves..
They look back at stats and figured Dak played a good game lol

It was the exact same thing as yesterday! He came out flat throwing ducks for 2 quarters and we were chasing the game from the start. You also have to remember who we played, Greenbay had terrible injuries that season and was playing practice squad players in the secondary lol Aikman was having fits all game saying Dak should take advantage of that lol. Greenbay got destroyed by Atlanta the next game.

Any of 500 QBs could have won that game.
Sadly this is. . . Classic
(They had 1 with His Helmet in His hand)

NotForLong

Reaction score
Not only that he waits so long to check it down to the RB they have no time to make a move. I feel like there were so many instances where he could have just started downfield and then just checked it down..with good timing. This was something I noticed all season long
Classic

khiladi

Reaction score
It's funny people still bring up that 2016 playoff game as if they didn't see ot themselves..
They look back at stats and figured Dak played a good game lol

It was the exact same thing as yesterday! He came out flat throwing ducks for 2 quarters and we were chasing the game from the start. You also have to remember who we played, Greenbay had terrible injuries that season and was playing practice squad players in the secondary lol Aikman was having fits all game saying Dak should take advantage of that lol. Greenbay got destroyed by Atlanta the next game.

Any of 500 QBs could have won that game.

1. And we came back against GB because Linehan fed the ball with Zeke to start the half.

2. Even then, with Zeke producing, Dak threw a back-breaking INT,

3. Dez was a ‘monster’ that game, where he had like 11 catches on 15 targets for 150 yards off the Po of my head, meaning the WR that Dak fans blamed was the reason for Dak’s failures, in particular 2017 and the impetus behind the “Dak-friendly” offense and Dak saying he doesn’t really need a number 1.. So even per the Dak-Stan logic, it was an unusual game anyways, not reproducible, because of the WR.

Of course, like you said, those catches started coming when it was 21-3, the Packers even let off with their bum secondaries.

I mean you can even tell it was inflated stats.

Dez’s first TD is at 39 seconds. It’s one deep safety and man coverage on the outside on a first and ten, with GB selling out to stop the run. Dez has his man completely beat. Any mediocre QB could have made that throw.

The play at 1:18 is completely lucky, where Dez and the guy with the number 26 are basically in the same area. I’m positive Dak isn’t evdn throwing it to Dez. He’s actually keyed in on 26 running the inside slant. Look at Daks eyes the whole time. Dez actually breaks his route to follow Dak as he breaks pocket.

Dak is completely lucky that Dez was there to take the ball that was intended for 26, because otherwise the GB LB 47 has dropped and is about to pick it off.

Last edited: