49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

DiResta

Reaction score
Bowman is basically a slightly younger more athletic Sean Lee
i know this will sound homer but i really believe the 2 of them could turn the defense around

not fantastic
but respectable
and that might be enough
wont happen though

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is released so anyone can sign him but have to assume his contract, correct? This year he costs $ 4.64 million since 49ers already paid for the first 5 games. That's not bad if he can still play at level comparable to Hitchens. Then we can renegotiate or cut him at end of season.

Jaylon is NOT ready for full time. 10-20 plays max per game.
No, vested veterans don't go through waivers. Players claimed on waivers come with their contract but vested veterans (before the trade deadline) are just free agents.

bodi

Reaction score
no he doe not fit into RODS system

JK

some team will jump on him doubt it will be Jerry

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He is released so anyone can sign him but have to assume his contract, correct? This year he costs $ 4.64 million since 49ers already paid for the first 5 games. That's not bad if he can still play at level comparable to Hitchens. Then we can renegotiate or cut him at end of season.

Jaylon is NOT ready for full time. 10-20 plays max per game.
He is filing for termination pay so SF is on the hook for the whole amount this year...... then DAL or whoever has to pay him just like any other FA......... market value........ his old contract is void

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bowman is basically a slightly younger more athletic Sean Lee
i know this will sound homer but i really believe the 2 of them could turn the defense around

not fantastic
but respectable
and that might be enough
wont happen though
Before Achilles injury. Not certain about now.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Brad also mentioned that March-Lillard has been battling the same hamstring issues as chido and others on the cowboys.
Do we have a thing for bad hamstring players? Are they like pets and we just have to have a few just laying around?

Alexander

Reaction score
Sure his physical skills have diminished, a knee and an Achilles will do that. But I don't think it is to the point where he just can't play.

He just was not worth the money the 49ers would have owed him in the future, so they made it happen now.

DiResta

Reaction score
i only got to see 1 49er game this year but i admit i was mostly just watching Foster lol
wishing we had drafted him
whats your opinion on Bowman

DiResta

Reaction score
bet he signs with Packers
Brooks is there plus Rodgers gonna Rodgers

Alexander

Reaction score
Nobody even offed them a 7th before they cut him...

That does not necessarily mean he is washed up. I would hesitate to give them a draft pick and absorb his $8M cap hit and that whale contract.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure his physical skills have diminished, a knee and an Achilles will do that. But I don't think it is to the point where he just can't play.

He just was not worth the money the 49ers would have owed him in the future, so they made it happen now.
Odd that it happened now. They gain nothing by releasing him now.

He would be better than Jaylon no doubt.

They should make him an offer.

Edit: In the past if a veteran was released and took his full salary that was owed to him, then anything a new team paid him up to that amount would be subtracted from what the original team owed.; however, in looking at Joe Haden's new contract with the Steelers it appears that is not the case. I need to check on it.

Last edited:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hold it. You hold it right there. You are crossing into McClay slander territory soon if you keep this up.
I swear this off season could rank right up there with jerry's late 90s early 2000 ones ..

For some reason they are scared of free agency and it's to the detriment of this franchise. Building through the draft is fine and dandy but you simply MUST compliment it with quality, not bargain bin free agents. Mcclay may be buying into his own hype ..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That does not necessarily mean he is washed up. I would hesitate to give them a draft pick and absorb his $8M cap hit and that whale contract.
No, I was just referencing that the poster might want to reconsider his trading skills.