49ers releasing Bowman. Should Cowboys be interested?***Merged***

Western

Reaction score
Common sense would suggest this would be an excellent pick-up.
But, if the word from the Star headquarters is that the team does not want to sign this guy because it would impede the growth of the LB corps, it would a foolish mistake.

Take this guy if he is interested -- he adds leadership, integrity, and he even was a teammate with Sean Lee at Penn State.
This is a no-brainier.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Brad Sham just said that its his understanding the team views him as a good to above average player still who lost some ability to run. He thinks they will seriously look at him but the issue is what will he do here, thinks they need a defined plan for him and where he will play and how many snaps and who will they cut. He also said he thinks if you sign him you do it to sign him as a starter.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
He is not a good fit for this scheme *looking at the stats and seeing he is allowing 100 plus qb rating when a pass is thrown at him*.

He will be perfect for this defense. He will fit right in.

cej757

Reaction score
When we played San Fran last year Bowman made it difficult to run the football. When He got hurt in the 2nd half and left the game immediately you saw Zeke gashing them up the middle. Bowman is a difference maker in the run game.

Aven8

Reaction score
Brad Sham just said that its his understanding the team views him as a good to above average player still who lost some ability to run. He thinks they will seriously look at him but the issue is what will he do here, thinks they need a defined plan for him and where he will play and how many snaps and who will they cut. He also said he thinks if you sign him you do it to sign him as a starter.

Thanks for that! We currently have a young guy that has lost his ability to run and is below average today, so I would take the gamble here.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Bowman will play MLB in base. Then on nickel play lee and hitchens. Smith can have the Deacon role with Lee

gmoney112

Reaction score
He can play MLB and WLB.

I just have no idea if he can still play or not. If he can, bring him in.

stiletto

Reaction score
He can play IMO, insurance for Sean Lee going down which is always a possibility. We are really weak at LB IMO....the JAG they just signed can go back to hanging on the couch. There is no comparison.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
I heared that a lot of teams are already talking to him. My guess is he will cost to much.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
seeing a lot on Twitter (multiple but random accounts) that the Cowboys, along with Raiders, Texans, and Broncos are the rumored teams to have interest in him. Will post something if I can find a more reliable source slash Twitter account.