Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

Shadowfax

Reaction score
This is a win win situation. The Niners caught lightning in a bottle with a rookie qb who led them to the NFC championship. They saw what they needed in the kid to be their qb of the future and didn’t want a top draft choice breathing down his neck and the fans calling for Lance every time he throws an interception. They have a solid backup and say he is the number two and field offers for Lance. They played it well.

For the Cowboys, a 4th rounder is a joke if this kid turns out to be a franchise qb. The Cowboys clearly like the kid and I think Will is pretty good at what he does. Let’s see how things turn out, and what Mike can get out of this kid, but this is a win win in my opinion.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
strange. he’s trash
Is Jerry drunk off Johnnie Blue tonight? This makes absolutely no sense. Dak is going nowhere. This guy might not even be better than Will Grier. He's terrible. The Niners, who used a ton of draft capital on that pick, wanted nothing to do with him. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Dallas was solidified with 2 QB spots this year with Dak and Rush. I seriously doubt he beats out Rush, seeing he is proven and they gave him a new deal. So we carry 3 QBs now?

This screams of a classic Jerry "I just want to be in the headlines" move.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
A 4th rounder was a good return for a complete bust. They did good cutting their losses.

They should have used that 4th on a NEW rookie QB that at least has a chance.

In the history of the NFL....when has a top 5 or top10 QB that didn't work out for the team that drafted him to be their franchise QB, later on make it somewhere else? Never. Top QBs that "bust" with their original team, really never even become good backups. They're just shot.

Jerruh just treated that 4th rounder like it was found money, or pocket change that means nothing. Lance woulda been cut.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Cooper Rush is a better QB than Lance. Why pay even a 4th for a 3rd stringer?

I mean they obviously think he can develop, but if Shanahan couldn’t, why on earth would anyone else think they could? He runs a very QB friendly offense.

CWR

Reaction score
Wow! I guess this tells us they don't have much confidence in Cooper Rush? Seems strange considering what he did last year.

This at least tells us we're running the WCO. I wonder if the 9ers know something we don't.

I dont think so. I think they are looking towards the future. Anything they get from QB3 this year is a bonus.

basel90

Reaction score
Maybe now Dak realizes he is not the only option . i still believe they should have drafted hurts 3 years ago or stafford or grabbed garropolo when he was available

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I’m excited the Cowboys made a splash trade.

But less excited that of all the moves the team could use a mid round pick to deal, that it’s for a backup QB.

Still… a good buy low.
But this trade makes zero sense. Cooper Rush is a proven backup. He might be marginally better than Grier but who cares. Not worth a mid round pick. Dallas has much bigger issues than who will be their 3rd qB.