Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The good news is he is 23 years old and was considered a top rated prospect in a draft class that included talents like Lawrence and Fields. I just don’t see the athleticism that he was supposed to have. I remember he was supposed to be Fields on steroids.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's written all over the wall.

If you fail AGAIN you're done, Dak.

He will crumble under the pressure of this.
Well, it certainly is up to Dak. For one thing, he can be a 1 June cut next year to reduce his cap hit if needed (and if the FO thinks Trey can start). For another thing, if Dak plays well, then he can fend off Lance. If not, we have a replacement in the wings. This is why I was saying to be patient during the draft. I didn't know we were going to trade for a QB. However, I did have a sense that a QB move was coming. Either in the draft or in other ways. Turns out, it was a trade involving a pick. A draft pick next year. I'm delighted by this move.

Swagger

Reaction score
Maybe now Dak realizes he is not the only option . i still believe they should have drafted hurts 3 years ago or stafford or grabbed garropolo when he was available
Agree but better late than never. Once Prescott misses a few games again he's done. Finally this blasted nightmare kneecapping the team will be over.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I dont understand spending a 4th rounder on a 3rd string QB. They must really like him.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He had a 97% pass a rating. It depends on the system.

btcutter

Reaction score
This is freaking amazing a 4th round pick for 1st round talent.....plus less that 10mil in salary cap hit......winner winner chicken dinner
He’s not a first round talent. Not anymore after what 3 years in the league.
this is a waste of resources. IMO

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agree but better late than never. Once Prescott misses a few games again he's done. Finally this blasted nightmare kneecapping the team will be over.

Well, not just that, but it's a chance for Dak to step up. He may not just be playing for a contract here.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Imagine this for a second....

It's 3rd and 5...Lance drops back to pass, nobody is open, instead of trying to fit it into a tight window to Tolbert he rushes for 10 yards and slides down....drive continues..

Oh the possibilities.