Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
why is this bad? The owner and coaches are trying to improve the team. Sheesh, it's like you don't want to try another QB, because your guy might get his feelings hurt. Strange, very strange. I don't care who they trade for or get. To me, it shows they are not satisfied and are actually finally trying to improve the team.
Somehow I don’t think Prescott is the least bit uncomfortable with Lance’s presence on the team.

mcmvp

Reaction score
For a 4th round pick, he can't be a bust here.
Pretty much what I said….but a 4th rounder is still a 4th rounder. Not a premium pick, but you never know what you can do with one

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Here is what I like…Dak is a completely different player than Rush. Dak is mobile and probably a better thrower on the move. He is big and physical. Rush is a statue. At best an intermediate thrower from the pocket. He is soft. They are complete opposites.

It would stand to reason that you’d want a back up that has a similar skill set to the starter. Lance is that.

I don’t know if McCarthy can fix him and turn him into a starter. I do know Lance is way better than Rush or Grier.

A low risk high reward scenario.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
LOL no. But right now it seems the game moves too fast for him. He's late on a lot of his throws. He's absolutely not a pocket passer.
Neither is Hurts. He should be doing a bunch of RPO and designed runs to open up the field.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Mike the offensive genius who has been touted on here, since taking Moores's job can do wonders with a mobile quarterback.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't read the future and I'm fine with giving up a 4th to take a look at a younger guy. How's that bad?
Dak was a late 4th round draft pick who has broken many Cowboys franchise records and is a legit top 10 QB, yet you always complain about him.

Get real. You fool no one. You're just happy it's anyone due to your Dak hate.

stiletto

Reaction score
For a 4th round pick, he can't be a bust here.
Yep ..Very cheap price for a guy who could develop over time...anyone that expects him to replace Dak anytime soon is an idiot.

Unless there are serious injury issues we won't see him until next preseason. He will get tons of reps then, which he desperately needs.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
The only year Dak played really well was his rookie year when he had Romo breathing down his neck. Ever since then he has coasted thinking he can do whatever because there was no replacement. Even if it's just for competition I think it's good!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Really.

The Packers and Pats have done this for years. You protect your #1 and don't play him in preseason. Get a backup to perform well and then trade him for more assets than you spent for him.

Jerry has always wanted to take a chance on guys he was high on during previous drafts.

Stop making everything about Dak. If this is about Dak, it is about him being a good guy who will mentor Trey so that he can have success down the line.
I don't care what the Packers and Pats have done for years.

Jerry has owned this team for over 30 years and never done it once. He's not about to start now.

This is a wake up call to Dakky poo.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak was a late 4th round draft pick who has broken many Cowboys franchise records and is a legit top 10 QB, yet you always complain about him.

Get real. You fool no one. You're just happy it's anyone due to your Dak hate.
you are still crying about the team trying to make a move to make the team better. very strange, it's like you can't be happy unless it's the dallas prescotts. strange..

erod

Reaction score
Here is what I like…Dak is a completely different player than Rush. Dak is mobile and probably a better thrower on the move. He is big and physical. Rush is a statue. At best an intermediate thrower from the pocket. He is soft. They are complete opposites.

It would stand to reason that you’d want a back up that has a similar skill set to the starter. Lance is that.

I don’t know if McCarthy can fix him and turn him into a starter. I do know Lance is way better than Rush or Grier.

A low risk high reward scenario.
I don't think Dak is particularly mobile. Not anymore. Least mobile in this division for sure.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s already a bust…the 49ers bust, not the Cowboys bust.

I’m not convinced Dallas is trying to improve the QB position…I do think JJ will love the attention it brings
Its a low cost, low risk move that could pay off big. The kid has at least 3 years to develop, which he will probably need all of it.

Improve the QB position? Theres only like 5 or 6 QB's on the planet that would make that happen.

Reaction score
He worth a shot for mid to late pick. I love the fact they are looking at this. You should always be looking at QB’s. He may end up being nothing or they could catch lightning in a bottle. The same people that will complain about this will be the same people who say the Cowboys should always be looking for QB’s.
Well, I don't know if your last sentence makes any sense, but them not looking has been my complaint all along. Dak is a decent QB and "placeholder" but he's a fatally flawed choker when the playoffs get tough. They should have never stopped looking when that became apparent years ago.

Having said that, I'm still hopeful that this new offense will suit Dak and he proves us all wrong. :flagwave:

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
The Trade: Lance to the Dallas Cowboys less than three years after trading three first 3 Rounds..

The Cowboys will send The fourth-round pick to San Francisco for a player drafted third overall in 2021..

No Complaints Here.. A Fourth-Round Vs Three :lmao: First Rounds...
Couldn't Have Been Happier.... :cool: Choke On This Forty Whiners...:grin:

bb721

Reaction score
When Lance proves to continue being a bust, you'd better show up and admit you were wrong. I seriously doubt you will own it though.
And if he gets a chance to play and succeeds, I seriously doubt you’ll say you were wrong. Works both ways.