Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Yep ..Very cheap price for a guy who could develop over time...anyone that expects him to replace Dak anytime soon is an idiot.

Unless there are serious injury issues we won't see him until next preseason. He will get tons of reps then, which he desperately needs.
Exactly....like Dak gets injured and Rush stinks it up.

CWR

Reaction score
Some of y’all are just absolute clowns.

The dude is 23 years old. He still has plenty of time to develop and he’s actually a legit talent.

He missed football because of the viruz and a injury.

The risk reward is great.

Thank you for the bottom line. It may not work, but he has enough talent to justify the risk/reward. Besides that when you get guys like McClay to sign off it gives me some hope.

Had we drafted a prospect with his tools in the fourth no one would have batted an eye.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here is what I like…Dak is a completely different player than Rush. Dak is mobile and probably a better thrower on the move. He is big and physical. Rush is a statue. At best an intermediate thrower from the pocket. He is soft. They are complete opposites.

It would stand to reason that you’d want a back up that has a similar skill set to the starter. Lance is that.

I don’t know if McCarthy can fix him and turn him into a starter. I do know Lance is way better than Rush or Grier.

A low risk high reward scenario.
100% my line of thought also

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
But this trade makes zero sense. Cooper Rush is a proven backup. He might be marginally better than Grier but who cares. Not worth a mid round pick. Dallas has much bigger issues than who will be their 3rd qB.

Because I think this is intended as competition for Dak. I like Dak a lot. However, competition is always good.

coogrfan

Reaction score
2q3.gif

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Here is what I like…Dak is a completely different player than Rush. Dak is mobile and probably a better thrower on the move. He is big and physical. Rush is a statue. At best an intermediate thrower from the pocket. He is soft. They are complete opposites.

It would stand to reason that you’d want a back up that has a similar skill set to the starter. Lance is that.

I don’t know if McCarthy can fix him and turn him into a starter. I do know Lance is way better than Rush or Grier.

A low risk high reward scenario.
How do you “know” that?

Kwyn

Reaction score
What I’ve learned, again, is Cowboy haters gonna hate the Cowboys.

4th round pick for a former #4 who is 23 years old when our backups suck is fine with me.