Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

mcmvp

Reaction score
what does it matter if he's a bust? They are trying to improve the position. It's like you are a player over a team. Very strange.
He’s already a bust…the 49ers bust, not the Cowboys bust.

I’m not convinced Dallas is trying to improve the QB position…I do think JJ will love the attention it brings

Jimbo123

Reaction score
This board would have exploded if the Cowboys had traded a 4th for Sam Donald but it's ok to trade a 4th for the guy Donald beat out...LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A 6th or 7th I wouldn't have cared.

But yeah a 4th was a bit much imo.

I really have zero hopes for him.
A fourth round pick for a QB that was drafted third overall just two years ago, is a good deal. He’s only had four starts because of injuries. He’s far from a finished product. I don’t mind throwing away a fourth round pick on a QB that still has a chance to develop into a solid NFL QB. Lance was 2-2 as a starter with San Francisco. The 49ers traded a second and a fourth round pick for Steve Young who had been a bust for Tampa his first two years. He was 3-16 as a starter. I’m certainly not saying Trey Lance will be another Steve Young but you never know. If he can stay healthy he might be able to develop.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Not at all. You know darn well I have been demanding the Cowboys draft Dak's replacement for the future, especially if Dak continues to remain super greedy with contract negotiations, but Trey Lance is simply not it. Horrible pick up.
then why are you complaining about giving up a 4th to improve the team? strange very strange.

T-RO

Reaction score
This offseason 49ers brought in *two* veteran quarterbacks. Clear they were looking to move on from Lance, even before this camp/preseason.

Lance currently must develop a good bit to even become a viable backup.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You’re missing the point. The 49 era entire playbook come with him
Everybody has known exactly what they do since his dad had succes in sf and then got hired in Denver. Parcells gave a masterclass in a press conference before the turkey day game against the broncos in 2005. He went over in detail how they run the ball and move the line and how that sets up the bootlegs and the pass game. It was a such a great listen.

then in overtime they got away with a hold which something parcells kept mentioning saying you have to work the officials because as the game goes on they just get away with it.......exactly what happened and they lost in overtime.

rambo2

Reaction score
He might have been cut and they could have gotten him for much less. We have always good at 4th rounders the past few years. Cooper Rush did well last year. I don’t care that he was a number 3 pick overall. He has not done much since he has been in the league. This is what have you done for me lately league and he has not done much.
How could they have gotten him for less? If he got cut, he would be claimed before the Cowboys got on the clock.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I wonder what the 49ers saw in a guy that has played very little football. He had one good year in college and they went all in on him...strange...I hope he turns out to be the guy they wanted in Dallas..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How could they have gotten him for less? If he got cut, he would be claimed before the Cowboys got on the clock.
Oh, well. Take a chance on a better QB in next year's draft. Trey Lance sucks. 49ers are laughing right now.

T-RO

Reaction score
Niners knew they wouldn’t get anything for Darnold so it made Lance expendable because they could atleast get a pick for him.
Strange, flawed logic.

Purdy is playing with a very questionable arm/shoulder. They view Darnold as very important...why they traded to get him.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Do-Guilt-and-Shame-Follow-You-Everywhere-Take-These-Steps-to-Let-Them-Go-960x640.jpg