Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Owned us my a@$. My last memories of chunky soup besides him throwing up in the superbowl while TO performed on a broken leg was when we demolished Philly to win the division and then again the following week in the playoffs. That was after he walked out with his stooge wrs and slapped the Plexiglas like a fool. Good times.

It's cool though if you feel the need to show love to the Eagles. It's a character flaw for sure, but it's your character flaw. Way to own it, fanboy.
You got all that outta me saying someone is a good football player? Man. Have a good one.

T-RO

Reaction score
It really does not matter if it’s a real controversy or not… It will be asked to vote constantly. Anytime that Dak struggles, it will be talked about.
No more than people pushing Cooper Rush, as happened last year. Lance will be pure developmental QB at first.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm saying what EVERYBODY is saying. He's been erratic.

And that's without a pass rush.
Speak for yourself. I have not been saying that because outside of throwing the ball up for grabs on offsides free plays I have not seen him throwing into brackets and the like as he was doing last season.

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here are facts:

1. Lance will be third string QB, so this requires we carry 3 QBs. It will cost Dallas a roster spot elsewhere (Most expected us to carry just two QB on 53)

2. It'll be extremely difficult for Trey to get practice reps at all for the 2023 season. Camp prep is about over. And since he can't go on practice squad he'll have little chance to develop aside from just learning the offense. (3rd string guys get virtually no reps in-season)

3. Lance has been insanely raw since he was drafted and hasn't advanced far. Does have unique raw physical ingredients.

4. In addition to the 4th round pick Dallas will lose $2-3 million AAV that could have gone towards extending Micah, Steele, Lamb.

Opinion:
It's wildcatting. A wild gamble but with potentially big return
Risen just trolling IMO. He isn't that dumb to believe what he's typing. Just looking for a reaction a la someone who's about 12 years old
He’s not the sharpest….

erod

Reaction score
You don’t think the controversy will be a distraction?

It really does not matter if it’s a real controversy or not… It will be asked about constantly. Anytime that Dak struggles, it will be talked about.

Jerry will be fine with that. But is that really in the best interest of the team?
No. Lance isn't an NFL quarterback yet, if ever.

It is a jab at Dak.

I'm certain that Jerry and Stephen aren't so glowing about Dak in private.

CWR

Reaction score
If I pay $100 for 2 boxes and 1 box has in it a rotten apple and the other a top of the line PC and then someone offers me $5 for the box with the apple when they know the apple is in it, that is still a good deal for me. I got value from my money (they got Purdy with their picks) and someone is willing to take on the bust.

That is a terrible analogy lol. The boxes were purchased three years apart for starters. I dont see what the Purdy pick and the Lance pick have to do with one another.

More importantly the 300 for 4 wasn't even my quote.

MikeB80

Reaction score

It really does not matter if it’s a real controversy or not… It will be asked about constantly. Anytime that Dak struggles, it will be talked about.

Jerry will be fine with that. But is that really in the best interest of the team?
listen man jerry loves ambiguity....

he also loves attention, having fun babies and keeping his high school segregated.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Hahaha.....how long will it be until Fish....aka Mickey Jr.... does a 180 and talks about what a great acquisition this was....this should be delicious!!! Starts at 5:05

Isn’t he supposed to be an insider

How did he not see this coming?

mcmvp

Reaction score
No more than people pushing Cooper Rush, as happened last year. Lance will be pure developmental QB at first.
It will be way different than Cooper Rush. Cooper Rush was not selected with the third overall pick after the team traded three first round picks in order to do so.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Trade: Lance to the Dallas Cowboys less than three years after trading three first 3 Rounds..

The Cowboys will send The fourth-round pick to San Francisco for a player drafted third overall in 2021..

No Complaints Here.. A Fourth-Round Vs Three :lmao: First Rounds...
Couldn't Have Been Happier.... :cool: Choke On This Forty Whiners...:grin:
Not understanding your laughter here.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Sometimes, it can be good. It helped Dak, didn't it? The thought that Romo could take over any game was pressure for Dak. It ended up working quite well.....until the Packers game (during which, I still think the reffing was a bit crap).

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Trey Lance is garbage. I knew that before he was drafted.
That’s because you are a genius who followed him closely in his only real year in college before the draft. He just turned 23 three months ago. He came out too young and inexperienced. It’s a good gamble because no one knows what he may be at 25.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Perhaps, and I could see a small extension happening too. But I think he will rise on the roster. He didn't exactly have a good shake in SFO through no fault of his own imo. I think he will be someone the FO will want to keep.
2 years ago

NO he wont. LOL

The kid cant even read a defense at this point and doenst even know the system. Rush is a much better QB right now. Lance will need several years.
Dak can’t read a D either, what’s your point?