Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'm saying what EVERYBODY is saying. He's been erratic.

And that's without a pass rush.
Again what are you talking about??? Listen to the Locked On guys. They are heaping praise on him. Lots of guys talking about how good of shape he is. McCarthy is praising him. Seriously what are you talking about?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I am very interested if we see some of that. Maybe later in the year. Not sure they want to mess with that.

I could see it considering how athletic Lance is. If you’re asking him to make an RPO play on shortage it’s not a bad idea. Less risk in Dak in those situations. Obviously you wouldn’t do it all the time. But you know what I mean.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Sometimes, it can be good. It helped Dak, didn't it? The thought that Romo could take over any game was pressure for Dak. It ended up working quite well.....until the Packers game (during which, I still think the reffing was a bit crap).
I think that’s wishful thinking… In most cases, distraction is not a good thing

erod

Reaction score
Hahaha.....how long will it be until Fish....aka Mickey Jr.... does a 180 and talks about what a great acquisition this was....this should be delicious!!! Starts at 5:05

It is a great acquisition for just a 4th round pick on a team not in immediate need of a quarterback.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
2 years ago

NO he wont. LOL

The kid cant even read a defense at this point and doenst even know the system. Rush is a much better QB right now. Lance will need several years.

I don't think he will need several years, and neither does the FO. Why would the FO use a 4th (which they've used to great effect compared to most teams of late) on him if he's going to need several years of development? Plus, he didn't exactly play much in SFO (through no fault of his own).

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I could see it considering how athletic Lance is. If you’re asking him to make an RPO play on shortage it’s not a bad idea. Less risk in Dak in those situations. Obviously you wouldn’t do it all the time. But you know what I mean.
Could be the answer on some short yardage plays if we are struggling there.

Bigdog

Reaction score
A 6th or 7th I wouldn't have cared.

But yeah a 4th was a bit much imo.

I really have zero hopes for him.
Agree. 6th or 7th no biggie for me. A 4th is little too much for me. The Cowboys have done well in the 4th round

erod

Reaction score
Again what are you talking about??? Listen to the Locked On guys. They are heaping praise on him. Lots of guys talking about how good of shape he is. McCarthy is praising him. Seriously what are you talking about?
You don't listen to DFW media apparently.

He's not been awful. He's just preseason Dak. Lots of picks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They're is zero competition. Dak is competing against himself, not Lance..if dak plays well.....hell getv the big extension... lake may be used as a,pawn by Jerry.

I could see that, and it's all the more reason that the FO has a lot of flexibility now. However, I think Lance is a better QB than some here think.

Bigdog

Reaction score
How could they have gotten him for less? If he got cut, he would be claimed before the Cowboys got on the clock.
Maybe a 6th or 7th. I wouldn’t care then. 4th to me is little too much.

erod

Reaction score
Agree. 6th or 7th no biggie for me. A 4th is little too much for me. The Cowboys have done well in the 4th round
Who are the best 5 fourth-round picks in the last 20 years?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think that’s wishful thinking… In most cases, distraction is not a good thing

Well, maybe in the short term in some situations, but even you have to admit that the results can be good. Worked out for you lot, didn't it?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So Dallas traded for a guy that hasn't got the playing time he needs to develop in SF, when is he going to get any time in Dallas to play and develop???? .......Drew Henson comes to mind!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well, I don’t have high expectations… but you never know. Maybe without the pressure he had in SF he will fulfill the promise he showed when they drafted him.

Worth a shot for a 4th.