Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

mcmvp

Reaction score
All the Cowboys really did here was create media QB controversy. That will be talked about all season long.

I cannot see how that helps them

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yes, and Lance is coming from a WCO-style offense. The styles shouldn't be terribly difficult from what he's accustomed to running.
You have to question the mental capacity of anyone that doesn’t like this trade. It is a great trade for several reasons. He’s a former 1. He is cheap for 2 years. He is 23. He is a better comp to Dak. He cost a 4 and they will get that back with a compensatory pick for sure. He has upside. Dak’s contract. McCarthy’s success with QBs. He has no pressure on him. The Dallas turf for a mobile QB. It’s such a good trade.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They have to decide to pick it up after this season. Lance will be the third string QB this year, and then you give him 30m$ for a year? Dallas doesn’t have the money to pay a backup QB that much money.

It’s possible they sign him to a small extension, but to pay him nearly what Dak makes is way out of bounds

Perhaps, and I could see a small extension happening too. But I think he will rise on the roster. He didn't exactly have a good shake in SFO through no fault of his own imo. I think he will be someone the FO will want to keep.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You Dak over Dallas fans hope so hard that Dallas loses this trade lolololololol
Dak is going to be here for years to come. Plus, when Dak leads the team to at least an NFC Championship Game this season, I hope you disappear and go back to your Eagles website.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You have to question the mental capacity of anyone that doesn’t like this trade. It is a great trade for several reasons. He’s a former 1. He is cheap for 2 years. He is 23. He is a better comp to Dak. He cost a 4 and they will get that back with a compensatory pick for sure. He has upside. Dak’s contract. McCarthy’s success with QBs. He has no pressure on him. The Dallas turf for a mobile QB. It’s such a good trade.

Isn't it a bit ironic that Dak was taken with a 4th round pick, and now we've used a 4th round pick for Lance?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is going to be here for years to come. Plus, when Dak leads the team to at least an NFC Championship Game this season, I hope you disappear and go back to your Eagles website.
That protection shield around Dak just got a few more cracks in it today and you're shaking in your booties.

If Dak leads the team to the NFC Championship I'll never post again. If he don't you never post again. Deal?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dak is having a particularly rough camp. Even for him.

This feels like a message to Dak, and a prayer.

He'd better show against the Giants. He usually does well against them.
Dude what are you talking about? Dak rocked the blue white scrimmage. He looked great. He and Cooks have been cooking. What are you talking about?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
strange. he’s trash
He’s also only 23 years old and won’t turn 24 until next May.
He may not develop into anything, but he really came into the NFL too young and inexperienced. At worst, he can be a better backup than Rush in time. Immediately, he may have the tools for a few special packages. McCarthy has played A part in developing several successful QBs. Having a younger, athletically talented player with a couple years to see if he can follow Dak as our starter is worth the 4th rounder.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They have to decide to pick it up after this season. Lance will be the third string QB this year, and then you give him 30m$ for a year? Dallas doesn’t have the money to pay a backup QB that much money.

It’s possible they sign him to a small extension, but to pay him nearly what Dak makes is way out of bounds
Exactly. Says a lot when a legit Eagles fan understands better than the Dak critics around here.

mcmvp

Reaction score
There's nothing to lose here.

I don't understand the angst.
You don’t think the controversy will be a distraction?

It really does not matter if it’s a real controversy or not… It will be asked about constantly. Anytime that Dak struggles, it will be talked about.

Jerry will be fine with that. But is that really in the best interest of the team?