Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

starfan1

Reaction score
I feel like this is good trade. Normally we waste our 2 nd rounder and if you read the front page our first rounder is pretty much a bust in the making so we’re getting better we’re only on the hook for a fourth

Goodbye will Grier! And who knows maybe they find lightening in a bottle

Jimbo123

Reaction score
It is a great acquisition for just a 4th round pick on a team not in immediate need of a quarterback.
Nobody carries 3 QBs on the 53 man roster. It's not so much the 4th rounder but the roster spot which is costly. Will Grier was headed to the PS.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Well, I don’t have high expectations… but you never know. Maybe without the pressure he had in SF he will fulfill the promise he showed when they drafted him.

Worth a shot for a 4th.
That is the beauty. Fehoko is our 4th rounder this year and has not shown much in practice or games. People do not care because the hit rate on 4th rounders is like 15%.

There are several accounts that are working overtime to generate outrage however.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I could see that, and it's all the more reason that the FO has a lot of flexibility now. However, I think Lance is a better QB than some here think.
Why do you think he's better? I live in norcal and watch every niners game. He has been AWFUL. the last preseason game was pathetic.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If you are interested, Trey Lance only started for one season in college after a redshirt year. He played only one game in his second season as starter when the season ended due to COVID. The kid is super young and inexperienced. Anyone who thinks they can actually judge this trade is full of it. It’s a trade, gambling on his future. This is the type of thing Dallas has done throughout their history….Bob Hayes, Roger Staubach, Chad Henning, etc.

”Lance was named the starter in 2019 and led the Bison to the 2020 NCAA Division I Football Championship Game and was named the MVP in the 28–20 victory.[8][1] He finished the season completing 192 of 287 passes for 2,786 yards, 28 touchdowns, and no interceptions, an NCAA record for most passing attempts in a season without an interception while also rushing for 1,100 yards and 14 touchdowns.[9] For his performance that season, Lance won the Walter Payton Award as the FCS's most outstanding offensive player and the Jerry Rice Award as the FCS's best freshman.[10][11]

Lance was set to start again in 2020 before the season was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. His only game appearance that season was in a single game against Central Arkansas in October 2020. Lance threw for two touchdowns and ran for an additional two, while throwing the only interception of his college career.”

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Jerry wanted to draft a QB this year and they didn’t.
There as a good chance they would have drafted on next year so they just used a forth
to get a young one a year early.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, I don't know if your last sentence makes any sense, but them not looking has been my complaint all along. Dak is a decent QB and "placeholder" but he's a fatally flawed choker when the playoffs get tough. They should have never stopped looking when that became apparent years ago.

Having said that, I'm still hopeful that this new offense will suit Dak and he proves us all wrong. :flagwave:
92 QBR 15 TD's and 5 picks in 6 playoff games.

Dak has been proving trolls like you wrong for 7 years and counting.

"Duh.........but I want to cherry pick the Niners games only" :flagwave: