Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

MikeB80

Reaction score
Trust me.....he'll be number 2. Watch! If you think the Cowboys traded a 4th rd pick for him to be the 3rd QB....you're crazy and dont know football business
the report is Buffalo was the other team to make an offer and Dallas offered more...I imagine buffalo offered a late round pick.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Get him a goal line package. Get him involved and develop the kid.
That's an interesting thought. Maybe instead of risking Dak, you could line Lance up at QB for the short-yardage tush push.

T-RO

Reaction score
Best case he is a way to get away from Dak with some fresh legs and cash to sign Micah.
Massive money is already locked in on Dak. Guaranteed money that Dallas must pay.

What you suggest is contractually impossible. Embrace Dak or find another team.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
That is the beauty. Fehoko is our 4th rounder this year and has not shown much in practice or games. People do not care because the hit rate on 4th rounders is like 15%.

There are several accounts that are working overtime to generate outrage however.
8 years later Dallas is still holding their breath they hit with Dak

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why do you think he's better? I live in norcal and watch every niners game. He has been AWFUL. the last preseason game was pathetic.

I agree that the last preseason game was atrocious, but I also think he's a player who hasn't had a lot of experience. I thought he has done decently when not injured though. I thought he played alright against the Bears in a deluge. I'm sure we will find out soon, but I think we will be pleased with this move. Will he replace Dak this year? Not unless Dak gets injured. But, I could see him pushing and developing well. He's got a WCO that I think he'll be able to work out more easily than what Shanahan wants to run.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Wentz and Hurts, turned out to be a good result, didn't it?
Oh, that… Yes, I suppose that was a distraction. But no, it was not good at the time.

The difference is Hurts already had a much higher floor than Trey Lance. Nobody could’ve really predicted his ceiling.

Lance just has not played a lot of football… It was literally all hype potential… Which would not have been noticed as much in the first place if Wentz wasn’t drafted that high earlier from the same school

Hurts at least played at Alabama and Oklahoma against decent competition. His floor was much higher.

T-RO

Reaction score
Trust me.....he'll be number 2. Watch! If you think the Cowboys traded a 4th rd pick for him to be the 3rd QB....you're crazy and dont know football business
No. Lance is a very raw project. Raw Projects are 3rd stringers.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We got him for a possible Comp pick. Worth the roll of the dice...
Excellent point. We are going to get a comp pick for Schultz and McGovern and because ew traded for our big ticket acquisitions they are not going to be cancelled out.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Massive money is already locked in on Dak. Guaranteed money that Dallas must pay.

What you suggest is contractually impossible. Embrace Dak or find another team.
Contacts are meant to be broken. Dak can and will be traded eventually. Hope Dallas can get a 4th in return and pay half the money owed.