Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
When he gets the playbook, he'll be #2. He's definitely more talented than Rush...just raw skills. I see it happening. MY OPINION...they weren't confident in Rush or Grier. You don't trade a 4th for a 3rd QB. I just don't see it.
We traded for him based on potential. He might be third QB this year, but that's not what they hope to get out of this.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Dak is not Aaron Rodgers. Rogers was not in a position where half of his fanbase wanted a change. Rogers was not coming off of a season where he led the NFL in interceptions

I don’t remember any distractions at all… Other than the media basically saying, the Packers wasted the pick by not getting him another weapon

Do you really think that’s going to be the narrative with this situation? I highly doubt it.
I hope this is a direct shot at Dak. If so, I can't be more proud of this front office recently

ghst187

Reaction score
Possibly the worst use of a fourth round pick in Jerry’s history, and that’s saying a LOT!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the player, but I think Mike's system should be good for Lance.
so all of us here are obviously big NFL fans, but Ill be honest, I dont know all of Mike's plays. What makes you remotely qualified to say what will or wont be a good system for Lance? You watch film?

McMicah

Reaction score
The real question is, if Lance shows promise, could we flip Rush for a 3rd or better and make out like bandits

Jarntt

Reaction score
Personally I’m just not a big fan of Lance. I don’t think he will ever be a starting NFL caliber QB. For a 4th rounder I do think it’s worth the risk. Am I excited? No. Am I going to say it’s definitely a bad move? No

He can be a #2 and it’s still a decent deal. It’s a minimal amount this year and next year we can play it by ear (unless his next years roster bonus has already guaranteed. If it has he better at least be decent). if somehow I’m wrong and he ends up a starting caliber QB it’s a huge win…I just don’t think he will…

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak is not Aaron Rodgers. Rogers was not in a position where half of his fanbase wanted a change. Rogers was not coming off of a season where he led the NFL in interceptions

I don’t remember any distractions at all… Other than the media basically saying the Packers wasted the pick by not getting him another weapon

Do you really think that’s going to be the narrative with this situation? I highly doubt it.
So what fans think is now the metric to judge a QB by? :lmao:

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
What a clown show….
Lance is a bust and this simply proves it.
Yeah, DAL got robbed in this trade.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
When he gets the playbook, he'll be #2. He's definitely more talented than Rush...just raw skills. I see it happening. MY OPINION...they weren't confident in Rush or Grier. You don't trade a 4th for a 3rd QB. I just don't see it.
serious question. Cooper went 4-1 last year as the starter, his only loss to the team that played in the SB... in a game we could have won if the defense could have gotten a stop. So knowing that, what makes you possibly say they had no confidence in Cooper?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
serious question. Cooper went 4-1 last year as the starter, his only loss to the team that played in the SB... in a game we could have won if the defense could have gotten a stop. So knowing that, what makes you possibly say they had no confidence in Cooper?
Trade Dak now. Roll out Rush and get Lance up to speed. Let's go. Get rid of the 4 problem now!!!

Carson

Reaction score
Possibly the worst use of a fourth round pick in Jerry’s history, and that’s saying a LOT!
I can name a few off the top of my head who sucked.

Charles Tapper, Ryan Switzer, BW Webb, David Arkin, Akwasi Owusi-Ansah, Stephen McGee