Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

mcmvp

Reaction score
So what fans think is now the metric to judge a QB by? :lmao:
Who said that? If that’s what you got, you missed the point entirely.

It’s the media that will be the distraction. Cowboys fans can sit there and say that it won’t have any effect on the team, but they don’t know.

CordovaRaider

Reaction score
My goodness, why would the cowboys trade for the worst QB on any NFL roster...the organization has lost it and haven't drafted a quality QB since Jimmy left.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why does money matter when he can’t play the game
He has been pathetic IMO... but he has also not got any playing time. if the money is cheap, its worth a shot. the reason the niners traded him is they dont need to take a shot.... they have their guy of the future.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Shanahan thinks so little of this clown that he was happily willing to trade him in the conference….no worries whatsoever.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Exactly, people are complaining about this lol. You should always look at QB’s especially a 23 year old that was picked #3. Low risk to check him out, high reward if he figures it out and fits in the Cowboys offense a year or two from now.
Pooph will eliminate skunk odor...:starspin:

Carson

Reaction score
Shanahan thinks so little of this clown that he was happily willing to trade him in the conference….no worries whatsoever.
That’s false. We outbid Buffalo and Baltimore.

Keyword : outbid lol

AbeBeta

Reaction score
it really isn't unless dallas ends up with a 2015 or 2020 season, than that pick is huge.

if they make the playoffs its just a late rd 4....but the 4th rd is pretty active being the first round of the final day of the draft so teams really value those.
Wow. The 1st round of the last day of the draft.

That's like being the strongest person in your house! Wow!

Seriously! We could have parlayed that into a 5th and 6th!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dak is not Aaron Rodgers. Rogers was not in a position where half of his fanbase wanted a change. Rogers was not coming off of a season where he led the NFL in interceptions

I don’t remember any distractions at all… Other than the media basically saying the Packers wasted the pick by not getting him another weapon

Do you really think that’s going to be the narrative with this situation? I highly doubt it.
Rodgers didnt tear it up the year before they drafted Love...... thats why they drafted Love.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
so all of us here are obviously big NFL fans, but Ill be honest, I dont know all of Mike's plays. What makes you remotely qualified to say what will or wont be a good system for Lance? You watch film?
Not so much that as something I've noticed. I think Shanahan is brilliant at Xs and Os, but I think Mike is very good when it comes to players. Look at the QBs. Shanahan has had the likes of RG3, Matt Ryan, Garroppolo, and Lance. Mike has had Favre, Rodgers, and Dak. Shanahan does seem to help elevate a QB for a little while, but the QBs tend to get injured (with the exception of Ryan) after a few years. That's not so much the case for Mike. So, because the QBs tend to not have the injury bug with Mike to the extent that Shanahan has. This makes it easier for the players because they appear to be heavier. Thus, they can learn in practice a bit more easily. So, to me, that's one of the reasons that I think it will be a bit easier. I should also note that Mike has shown the ability to develop QBs that, when in his system, do well. Consider Mike Flynn. He was only really good when he played with Mike McCarthy. Clearly there's something with the way that Mike teaches QBs that helps them. I'm not sure what it is, but I think Lance will find great benefit from learning from Mike McCarthy.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I can't believe they actually made a half way intelligent move that might actually put some pressure on the 40 million dollar princess. If given the chance this guy may actually ball out for a second contract

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Who said that? If that’s what you got, you missed the point entirely.

It’s the media that will be the distraction. Cowboys fans can sit there and say that it won’t have any effect on the team, but they don’t know.
The media is always at a fever pitch. I think you put way too much causation on fans and the media. Most of what matters is beyond our purview outside of gameday.

T-RO

Reaction score
Personally I’m just not a big fan of Lance. I don’t think he will ever be a starting NFL caliber QB. For a 4th rounder I do think it’s worth the risk. Am I excited? No. Am I going to say it’s definitely a bad move? No
Agree. I'd more more excited had we spent the 4th and the money on a really solid backup o-lineman.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
F4bFMPhWcAAPztk

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yes, but he's taking quite the risk with Darnold and Purdy. I know Purdy was good last year, but nobody had tape on him before last season. Darnold has been rather poor since joining the NFL. I sense he may end up regretting trading Lance.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
You are confusing:
-current ability
with
-ceiling

Lance has nearly zero immediate worth right now. Word from SF is that Lance wouldn't have even been 4th in the depth chart. The guy is a pricey lottery ticket. It's about his ceiling, his raw potential...what he might become.
May be.....but he has better raw talent than any QB on our team outside of Dak

mcmvp

Reaction score
Rodgers didnt tear it up the year before they drafted Love...... thats why they drafted Love.
That is simply not true. They went 13-3 and he threw only 4 interceptions playing all games. They drafted Jordan Love because they did not know how much longer Rodgers was going to play. If he would’ve let them know he was going to play for several more years, Love would never have been drafted by them.