Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

Dorsett33

Reaction score
serious question. Cooper went 4-1 last year as the starter, his only loss to the team that played in the SB... in a game we could have won if the defense could have gotten a stop. So knowing that, what makes you possibly say they had no confidence in Cooper?
Let's keep it real. Rush went 4-1 because of our fantastic defense and he didn't turn it over. The game he did turn it over, he lost. And if you believe he would go a whole season without turning it over, I have swamp land to sell you.

conner01

Reaction score
A 4th for a qb you can develop and will likely end up as our #2 is not a robbery.
As a solid backup it’s out right robbery
There are lots of first round QB who never even become a solid backup

CCBoy

Reaction score
The amount of picks the 49ers gave up for Lance...and only got a 4th round pick in return.

Frankly dallas giving up a 4th round pick is too much for him but not going to throw a fit over it.
He should get plenty of good training and imput by former Hall of Famers such as Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman.

CWR

Reaction score
I know many won’t believe it, but I’m speaking as objectively as I can with this. This was not a bad move by Dallas at all; it’s a day 3 pick, not the end of the world. Best case scenario for Dallas is Lance is the inactive QB all this year and no one gets injured to force him to suit up. Then next year he can compete to be Dak’s backup. If he wins it, you give him a small extension and go from there. If he doesn’t, you cut him and no one cares.

But compare it to previous top 10 busts of the last few years. Josh Rosen started games for Arizona and he was awful; you could argue Lance has a better reputation because while he didn’t play, he didn’t put as much dumpster water on tape as Rosen. Arizona still got a 2nd for Rosen. Sam Darnold played 3 years in NY and was one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. He barely threw over 3000 yards one time, the others way less because of his horrid injury history and turnover issues. They still got and 2nd AND a 3rd for him. NYJ still value Zach Wilson more than the 9ers value Trey Lance. Think about that for a moment.

The fact that Lance was worth less than a day 3 pick to SF and not one GM outbid Dallas for him is one of the most shocking drops in valuation in NFL history. This is not a guy who is seen as a future starter by anyone.

No, you don't get a guy who's seen as a future starter for a day 3 pick. This is a reclamation project. I said I was for the dice roll before it happened and that obviously hasn't changed. My uptick in enthusiasm is only because McClay or the coaches (hopefully both) had enough positive to roll. I never expected it. I'll be patient and read whatever limited reports we can get until he's tested under live fire.

conner01

Reaction score
That is simply not true. They went 13-3 and he threw only 4 interceptions playing all games. They drafted Jordan Love because they did not know how much longer Rodgers was going to play. If he would’ve let them know he was going to play for several more years, Love would never have been drafted by them.
Exactly
Had nothing what’s so ever to do with Rodgers play on the field. It was about his age and cost

erod

Reaction score
Rodgers didnt tear it up the year before they drafted Love...... thats why they drafted Love.
Lol. They went 13-3 and lost in the NFC championship game, and Rodgers was MVP of the league.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Wow. The 1st round of the last day of the draft.

That's like being the strongest person in your house! Wow!

Seriously! We could have parlayed that into a 5th and 6th!
its become an important day in the draft because of the extra day. If you do not understand how the league works pay closer attention.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I get modded for calling out someone about green Chile and these punk little widget Eagles fans can run rampant here. What a freaking farce. This was a solid trade ya fake posers on here. In today's modern nfl Lance > Rush and most statue QB's. This was a steal for us. Book it.

MikeB80

Reaction score
He should get plenty of good training and imput by former Hall of Famers such as Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman.
Aikman will be too busy cheating on his wife to come in and teach the fundamentals of qb.

T-RO

Reaction score
May be.....but he has better raw talent than any QB on our team outside of Dak
He has more physical tools than any Dallas QB, including Dak. Probably more physical tools than 25 NFL starters. Size, speed, arm strength are top tier.

As for accuracy? Footwork? Ability to read a defense and react? Decision-making? All big questions right now.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Lol. They went 13-3 and lost in the NFC championship game, and Rodgers was MVP of the league.
Packers drafted AR replacement after making the NFC championship. Hopefully Dallas just started realizing Dak needs a replacement and this is the first step to finding "The Guy" bc 4 ain't it. The boo birds are lining up at the house Jerry built with their megaphone. No idea why it took so long.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Off the top of my head I'd lump Drew Brees in there as well. I dont believe he was a bust in SanDeigo though, but they had know clue as to how good he would become. Top 5 is a lofty goal too. Dak isn't even often considered top 5. May be more realistic to think top 10. Only thing we know for sure is the niners reached hard. Which is funny when we get fans clamoring for going qb in rd1. There are a lot less Peyton Manning, Trevor Lawrence prospects then there are Trey Lance, Carson Wentz. I'm all about going qb early but the prospect has to be special, real special. Given Lance's talent a fourth is a good test drive imo.
Yeah Brees was ANYTHING but a bust. He was good I. San Diego. He showed he could make it. Just had injuries. Nothing anywhere near being able to be use as a companion to Lance.

JayFord

Reaction score
Yall complaining about a 4th?

for a QB that if he can Pan out will replace Dak and possibly be better ?

good night...yall complain about anything atleast make it make sense

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
For a 4th round pick are you kidding me. The idiot niner spent tons of picks and tons of money on him and never even gave him a chance. Throw him out there and give him the 1 read or take off treatment and I bet he can be effective.
He's by far the best athlete at the QB spot on the squad. RPO baby lessgo. Deuce, Dowdle and Pollard in RPO with the guys outside? Whew! Lessgo! Lance needs a series package and some goal snaps soon. He can do things Dak can't and never could with his legs.