Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

Kwyn

Reaction score
Any other team makes this deal it's a brilliant move but since it's the Cowboys 'this guy sucks'. You gotta love our 'fans'.
Bottom line is that the Cowboys have a lot of really bad fans. There’s just a higher concentration of them here. If you go other places on the web the cowboy community is overall much more positive. We just have a lot of entrenched, identity established, old farts who love to be miserable.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I agree that Trey Lance will be ineffective this season and doesn't pose a realistic threat to Dak's starting position. However, is this how Jerry sees it?
He doesn't know the offense with the season a week away, so your shot seems gratuitous as opposed to insightful.

What difference does how Jerry sees it make? Unless the club uses it as a stated ploy in negotiations I just do not see what you are asserting. Given the above reality I don't see them doing so even if down the line they see the possibility. It is an obvious empty threat.

Next season if Lance makes significant progress then sure but even then it would be self evident and a reality.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's see if he's a step up from both Rush and Grier. That may possibly be the case -- or did we clumsily overpay? Eventually, we'll find out.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Let's see if he turns out to be a step up from both Rush and Grier. It's possible that may be the case. Did we overpay? We'll soon see.
As I understand it now, if he leaves in free agency 2025, Dallas can get a 3rd round pick and no cap baggage at that point.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Reminscent of the Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson days.

Lance can throw harder, further and run faster than Dak.

He just can’t read defenses, has zero pocket poise and very little pro OR college experience.

4th Round might have been too high, but if he were to work out, we’d be set. Won’t know that answer for a while.

Swagger

Reaction score
It also tells me the 49ers are very happy with Darnold. He could easily come in and become their starter.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Not true at all. Many thought SF made a big mistake.

Lance was handed the starting job in 22, correct. Didn't earn it, got handed the job. And then proceeded to complete less than 50% of his passes w/ 0 TD's and 1 INT.

SF was desperate to start him, but he kept sucking and getting hurt.
This just isn't so.

Garroppolo was partly unseated by Lance headed into 2022 because Jimmy G couldn't get over the hump/ or was injured prone.

But a team a missed throw by JG from beating the Chiefs isn't "desperate" to do anything.

Any 49er fan worth his salt will tell you Lance was better last Spring headed into the Chicago opener.

He was meh in that game which was a monsoon.

T-RO

Reaction score
No Super Bowl and took a home run shot with the trade for Lance.
Only silly fans grade a GM by if their team won--or merely made it to the-- the Super Bowl.

Owners know it's an 'A' or an 'A+' grade to build a team that gets there. And an 'A' or at least a 'B+' to get to a conference championship.

49ers are 4th in Super Bowl odds for this upcoming year.

No one will argue the draft pick failed, the trade preceding it was a debacle. That's the nature of the draft. But arguing that Lynch is anything but respected (highly) in SF...is silly.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
3rd string QB.

meanwhile, Nooch is the backup in Denver.

missed out on Nooch, got the next best thing.

T-RO

Reaction score
Bottom line is that the Cowboys have a lot of really bad fans. There’s just a higher concentration of them here. If you go other places on the web the cowboy community is overall much more positive. We just have a lot of entrenched, identity established, old farts who love to be miserable.
I spend a fair bit of time on a Chargers forum, and a Lions forum. I've peeked in on Eagles and Packers forums. Generally fans are contentious, angry, and difficult to please...just about everywhere.

:laugh:

-The Charger forum is made up 2/3 of jaded, gloomy guys who anticipate LAC will ultimately screw up another season. One of their posters humorously features this for his signature, "Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress." LOL!

-The Lions forum will kill you if criticize the coach, GM, or many of the players. I'm sure it's been different when they were cellar dwellers, but they had a winning 2022 season, and finally have a little hope. They guard that hope like Fremen guarding water.

Both those forums have a majority 50+ year old, like this one.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
Through all my travels:

I've come to accept that other fans lack the intelligence to always agree with me, and are often downright argumentative about it! ;)

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Trey is only 23 and is talented. Change of scenery was needed. If Mike McCarthy can develop him, he could be the future starter in Dallas. Especially if Dak doesn't deliver this year (and command $50 million+ annually in an extension).

Dak lost some leverage with this trade. I could see Stephen Jones moving on if Dak doesn't get us to the Superbowl this season.

Nav22

Reaction score
At least the 49ers recognized their mistake and moved on.

While dumping him on the idiots who love to waste time on QBs who can't play.
Carson Wentz is unemployed.

Hey, he went to North Dakota State too!

You're a lowly laughingstock.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
On one hand, Lance is trash.
One the other hand he comes cheap.
On the other hand he takes up a roster spot that will become his daycare for the near future.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Trey is only 23 and is talented. Change of scenery was needed. If Mike McCarthy can develop him, he could be the future starter in Dallas. Especially if Dak doesn't deliver this year (and command $50 million+ annually in an extension).

Dak lost some leverage with this trade. I could see Stephen Jones moving on if Dak doesn't get us to the Superbowl this season.
Loss of leverage? How? Moving on to who?

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
The guy is 23 years old....he has barely played football and been in game situations.

From all reports, he is very smart and knowledgeable about the game. He can't go through his progressions now apparently, but that seems to me a product of hardly ever playing.

Seems like a great trade now than to take some backup lineman in the 4th. I love it!