Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

bewp7

Reaction score
tbh if it push dak out i love it but lance must be really bad for 49ers to give up on him after 3 firsts or what ever they give ip to draft him

HungryLion

Reaction score
Great trade. You will never find a QB in the draft in the 4th round who has Lance’s physical tools.

Let’s be clear. He has only been in the league for 2 years. One of which was ended due to devastating injury.

There’s a chance he still develops his skills and becomes something

No lose situation.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
I'm glad they made this trade Will Grier is not the third guy you need at least one developmental QB prospect on your roster we have none. We have guys that are reaching in their 30s with no upside.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Woooooooahhhhh!! Holy crap! A young QB who has talent. Unfortunately for him, he got injured and was buried behind depth. Getting him for a 4th!!! Amazing move by the FO!!! Well done!!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I’m excited the Cowboys made a splash trade.

But less excited that of all the moves the team could use a mid round pick to deal, that it’s for a backup QB.

Still… a good buy low.
same feeling here

This is a good trade, but it's like "yay okay, what about x?"

conner01

Reaction score
They’ve drafted a bunch of real good players since he’s been the coach, but it’s extremely difficult evaluating a QB. They were winning a lot of games with Jimmy G, but they tried getting better at the position, and made a big mistake. Fortunately for them it didn’t set them back. We would all like to improve on Dak, but we could end up with another Trey Lance trying to do it. Many fans here seem to think all it takes is drafting a QB high and BINGO! It’s not that simple.
It’s really hard to get a really good nfl QB. Even in the first round the bust rate is high
It’s not as devastating financially as it once was but imagine what the 49ers could have done with those picks had they not took him
If you have a QB in the top 10-12 of the league the gamble of moving on from him is huge
One thing that’s hurt lance has been missing so much time due to injury
It’s not a big gamble trading for him but I’m not that optimistic that we can develop him when they couldn’t especially considering how QB friendly that system is