Signed by Cowboys 49ers Trade QB Trey Lance to the Cowboys for 2024 4th round pick

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Whoa.

F4acfzHXEAAopbn
Wow Lol

For a 4th why the hell not? And he has 3 years to develop

GMO415

Reaction score
Jerry said he was going to draft a QB this year......I guess he didn't lie.

Bigdog

Reaction score
How? You think they were the only team willing to take a shot at him? The guy was the overall number 3 pick just a couple of years ago. They may catch lightning in a bottle, they may not. Either way they should always be looking at QB’s.
He might have been cut and they could have gotten him for much less. We have always good at 4th rounders the past few years. Cooper Rush did well last year. I don’t care that he was a number 3 pick overall. He has not done much since he has been in the league. This is what have you done for me lately league and he has not done much.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yep, he’s been injured twice in those four games and one of the other games was a straight up monsoon.

Dude has a ton of upside.
If he had started a bunch of games over the last few years and simply didn’t pan out, I wouldn’t like the move, but having only four career starts that were derailed by injuries, it’s worth the gamble for a mid round pick.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Dane ("Friggin") Brugler:

A no-brainer move for the Cowboys. There isn't a clear path for Lance to get on-field reps in Dallas, which is concerning for his developmental trajectory. But he is an A+ character guy with impressive physical traits. Absolutely worth the dice-roll for only a 4th rounder.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dak fans real nervous right now.

Jerry doesn't trade for a young, high potential, former #3 overall pick, cheap, hype and news around him, all to just be QB3.

This is not something the Cowboys do.

He was brought here because Jerry thinks Dak sucks.
No. He was brought here because you get two years on the cheap to see how Mike can develop him. For a 4th, you get someone who is 2 years removed from being the #3 overall pick. That's a reasonable gamble that could pay off big time in a trade.

KB1122

Reaction score
I mean, I don't know about the player. I'd rather have signed Aaron Rodgers. But it's the right idea.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s really hard to get a really good nfl QB. Even in the first round the bust rate is high
It’s not as devastating financially as it once was but imagine what the 49ers could have done with those picks had they not took him
If you have a QB in the top 10-12 of the league the gamble of moving on from him is huge
One thing that’s hurt lance has been missing so much time due to injury
It’s not a big gamble trading for him but I’m not that optimistic that we can develop him when they couldn’t especially considering how QB friendly that system is
Funny, just noticed the thread where we traded for Lance.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Great trade. You will never find a QB in the draft in the 4th round who has Lance’s physical tools.

Let’s be clear. He has only been in the league for 2 years. One of which was ended due to devastating injury.

There’s a chance he still develops his skills and becomes something

No lose situation.
And he was coming out of a weaker conference than most top rated QBs. Reasonable to expect he would need a bit of time to develop