4th Quarter, 3 TD Lead, Meaningless Game

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will get a proper send off after Dak's Cowboys win the Super Bowl. That'll include something along the lines of a bye Felicia.

Why be so disrespectful to Tony, Bleu? Dak's the starter. No reasonable person denies it. It's kind of sad that the players can handle the competition with so much more grace than the fans apparently can, don't you think?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
And the part where the meaningless snaps in a victory where your starter needs to be protected are accounted for how?

Oh, that's right, they're not.

Because we have to worry about what the media might think or about possibly hurting Romo's feelings.

Great plan...
:rolleyes:
Cry me a Romo river.

links18

Reaction score
Everyone's like don't worry it'll be fine, he'll get to play the last game next week. Umm... hello? The whole point was so that the home crowd could give him a standing ovation because it could possibly be the last time we get to see him playing at home as a Dallas Cowboy. Now we're supposed to be happy with him getting to play in the 4th quarter of a road game in Philadelphia where the fans absolutely despise him and on the field where his career basically ended two years ago when he got injured there? I'm disgusted that Romo didn't get the proper send off. I really am.

Yeah, it was a little classless. But somehow they think they are protecting Romo. Its bizzare.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone's like don't worry it'll be fine, he'll get to play the last game next week. Umm... hello? The whole point was so that the home crowd could give him a standing ovation because it could possibly be the last time we get to see him playing at home as a Dallas Cowboy. Now we're supposed to be happy with him getting to play in the 4th quarter of a road game in Philadelphia where the fans absolutely despise him and on the field where his career basically ended two years ago when he got injured there? I'm disgusted that Romo didn't get the proper send off. I really am.

I'm not. I think I'd have cringed seeing him trot out for a few fourth quarter handoffs to Darren McFadden in a meaningless game in an unnecessary display like that. Tony doesn't want approval. He wants to compete.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Ditto.

Even if it was just to come in and take a knee or hand the ball off, he deserved a standing O. And the fans deserved the opportunity to give it to him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Why be so disrespectful to Tony, Bleu? Dak's the starter. No reasonable person denies it. It's kind of sad that the players can handle the competition with so much more grace than the fans apparently can, don't you think?
Because I'm am months into being tired of this play Romo crap. We have been hearing it for what? 8 weeks now. There have been polls every week about it. & The whine fest continues. Romo didn't need to play at all yesterday because you have a young team and you keep it rolling. I absolutely loved the game plan. I expect to possibly see him late against the Eagles but we also might see Sanchez. Both are Dak's backups. A pill that's still difficult for some to swallow..

romothesavior

Reaction score
Bleu is a Romo-bashing troll, this is no surprise.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ditto.

Even if it was just to come in and take a knee or hand the ball off, he deserved a standing O. And the fans deserved the opportunity to give it to him.
I would have been fine with that.. But that's not what ppl have been asking for for several weeks.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So what was your meaning behind "If Dak gets hurt, you instantly get better at the position, so no anxiety there. Let the kid play!"?

I am going to regret this, but do you even have any clue as to what you are arguing about?

It's his opinion that Romo is better. You disagree. What exactly is causing your confusion?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because I'm am months into being tired of this play Romo crap. We have been hearing it for what? 8 weeks now. There have been polls every week about it. & The whine fest continues. Romo didn't need to play at all yesterday because you have a young team and you keep it rolling. I absolutely loved the game plan. I expect to possibly see him late against the Eagles but we also might see Sanchez. Both are Dak's backups. A pill that's still difficult for some to swallow..

Take it out on the posters making the bad arguments, then maybe? Instead of just disrespecting Tony. Tony had the class to step aside and not be a distraction when it was necessary for him to do so. He deserves better from the fans than he gets when things get like this.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Such vapid Bleu cheese drivel.

romothesavior

Reaction score
I would have been fine with that.. But that's not what ppl have been asking for for several weeks.
There are so few people on here who are still actively calling for Dak to be benched.

I am one of the biggest Romo fans on the planet, and even I didn't think he should have been the starter after the NYG game. I was open to having Romo come in if Dak continued to struggle, which is where I think most "pro-Romo" fans were at.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

People want to see him play, this is true, but just handing off, and letting the fans give him a cheer, in what might be his last chance in front of the home crowd is better than nothing.

romothesavior

Reaction score
I really hate how this non-existent QB controversy is tearing up the fan base (in the middle of a 13-2 season!) and causing people to disrespect a guy who spent a decade busting his *** for this franchise.

It seems like virtually all of the "Romo fans" are cheering and loving and respecting Dak, as they should. But there is a huge contingent who loves to crap all over Romo now that Dak is succeeding.

It's not an either/or. You can show both Romo and Dak the respect they deserve. You can cheer for both. Grow up, people.

Proximo

Reaction score
He will get a proper send off after Dak's Cowboys win the Super Bowl. That'll include something along the lines of a bye Felicia.

That's not cool.

Just because we've found our future (and present) in Dak doesn't mean we need to kick Romo to the curb in some display of disrespect.

"Bye Felicia"? What the hell is wrong with some of you. The guy literally broke his back trying to carry this team to the promised land so fans like you could have something to cheer for. Get outta here with your "Bye Felicia"s or whatever other memes you have to disrespect Romo with.

I don't understand why there are people who cannot prop up Dak without slighting Romo. It doesn't have to be that way. They are both very very good football,players. One is just at the end of his career and the other's is just starting.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
People want to see him play, this is true, but just handing off, and letting the fans give him a cheer, in what might be his last chance in front of the home crowd is better than nothing.
Again, the noise has been silenced through Dak going out in the last couple of weeks and silencing it. They have no choice now.

That said, sure, let Romo go out for a ceremonial last series to get a standing O. That would have been cool.

But, again, that's not what ppl have been tirelessly whining for over the last several weeks.