Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well to be fair where would sproles go in todays NFL draft as a RB? and at KSU Deuce went by Sproles stats
Sproles probably would have been drafted in the same round that he was. It all comes down to the strength of the draft.

HungryLion

Reaction score
and thats fine. We just need him to be good for like 3-4 years.
This. People are worried about him lasting with his size.

He was a 6th round pick. Even if he is an electric playmaker for only 3-4 seasons. Who cares? A+ pick.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
If I were the Dolphins I would’ve drafted him.

With all the weapons they have with deep speed imagine if they had a guy like Deuce Vaughn they have to deal with on top of all that.

Achane should be awesome there though.
I'll be honest, I dont agree with much of what you post.

And this is no different. Except that Achane does have electric quickness and speed. And hes bigger.

But even with that, hes going to take a pounding. He may have a chance though.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whatever he did at KC State can get thrown out the window. The NFL is not KC State. He will not see those huge holes to run through in the NFL and he is going to get hit by bigger stronger faster guys. If this kid makes the team it will be for gimmick plays only, or he has to add about 10 lbs to his frame without losing his quickness. Turpin was a star in the XFL with a lot of players better than college teams. You see how Turpin did not light the league on fire. Deuce won't either. Nothing against the pick, but it is the 6th round where most picks don't make it.
You can say that about every single player drafted. Nothing is proven until they hit the field.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
U act like he's some little skinny kid who's weak. He is short but he's pretty thick...180lbs. He also lifted 225lbs 19 times which is good for a RB. He is a heck of a pass catcher too. He ran the ball great against teams like Alabama including a 44 yard TD. He's alot better player than u portray him to be. I think he will be a good back.......
He’s listed at 176 pounds and he may not even weigh that much. I don’t jump to conclusions on a player based on their college highlight reel. The NFL is a different animal. I’m not saying he’s not a good player. I’m concerned about his size. Try reading my comments! I don’t see him getting a lot of opportunities carrying the football this upcoming season if he makes the team. The Cowboys may have a different plan for him. We’ll see what they say at the post draft presser.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I really like the pick and really liked him in College and am excited to see what he can do here, but let’s not lose track of the fact that he was picked in the 6th round and not even our first pick of the round. We picked a corner with no shot to play on defense this year ahead of him instead of picking him. My point being let’s tap the brakes. I hope he does here what he did in college, BUT if the team realistically expected him to play a role on offense this year similar to what everyone is saying in this thread he would have been picked much earlier. Reminds me a little of how Tolbert was going to put us over the top last year. I’m not saying he won’t be a factor day 1. Im just saying there is a better chance he won’t.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just like you doubting him without putting on the pads...lol
I’m doubting him because of his size. He’s very small for an NFL RB. Some of you already have him in the Hall of Fame based on a few highlight reels with him running through gaping holes. :laugh:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, those gaping holes are more difficult to find in the NFL. The Longhorns couldn't find them against Alabama. His role won't be to get the ball up the gut multiple times a game hoping for a large hole. In the 6th round, an all-around running back isn't likely to be found. Running backs in the later rounds will have niche roles. They could have drafted someone who was only a short yardage type, which also can provide value.
There are plenty holes to run through in the NFL. Pollard, Sanders, Henry, Cobbs and others will disagree.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Definitely one of my favorite picks in our draft this year. Kid is so quick and elusive. Going to be fun to watch him play.

75boyz

Reaction score
Man,
And here I thought GOAT Brady was the greatest 6th round pick in NFL history.

Those Cowboys and their draft picks...

Cowboys draft team playing 4 dimensional chess while all the other loser teams are playing checkers.
Absolutely untouchable I tell ya.

Super Bowl!