Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
RIght...

Never been easier for a guy like him to survive and thrive in this league than it is right now. Guys used to get killed when Dunn was in the league.
It hasn’t gotten any easier for RBs they still don’t last very long. We’ll see how it plays out in training camp with him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because they gave it to him in short yardage situations.
They did because he was effective. If we don’t cover the bases with a short yardage back who can move the chains and punch it into the endzone it could lead to real trouble during the season.

Ken

Reaction score
They did because he was effective. If we don’t cover the bases with a short yardage back who can move the chains and punch it into the endzone it could lead to real trouble during the season.
The UFA FB we got may just be that guy...Ronald Jones has been highly effective at it as well.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I don't know why I love this pick. The little ankle breaker is quick. Good luck locating him out of the backfield.

So quick the video looks like it's on X2 when he's running. Him and Mazi are my favorite picks.
And once he breaks out even DBs are not catching him

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ronald Jones is a downgrade over Zeke and he’s really not that big. He put up 70 yards last season with one TD.
He only played in 6 games. He is 5 ft 11 in and weighs 205 lb and was the 38th pick just 5 years ago. He has only 505 career rushing attempts meaning he has tons more tread left than Zeke.

I'd give him the ball any time over Zeke. We've all seen how much he has slowed, burst is gone and vision isn't there.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Dri Archer
5'8 174
4.26 forty

Howd he pan out?

Man, you are working really hard to prove something. No one here is saying he’s going to be a great RB. We just think he was the best back available, and we believe any guy with that much success against big time competition can compete with anyone. We will all see if he can maneuver in the NFL soon enough. No need to poo poo the guy before that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Let the little water spider get the ball and dance around the pond,
Let the little bugger go
Love the guy. But they could have knocked it out of the park by just getting a tough runner like Evans or Roschon.

Pollard, Evans, Deuce. Would have been unreal!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He only played in 6 games. He is 5 ft 11 in and weighs 205 lb and was the 38th pick just 5 years ago. He has only 505 career rushing attempts meaning he has tons more tread left than Zeke.

I'd give him the ball any time over Zeke. We've all seen how much he has slowed, burst is gone and vision isn't there.
Ronald Jones didn’t pan out as the 38th overall pick five years ago. The Cowboys are his third team. I don’t care how much tread he has he’s a downgrade over Zeke who was still very effective moving the chains and punching it in the endzone.

Ken

Reaction score
Love the guy. But they could have knocked it out of the park by just getting a tough runner like Evans or Roschon.

Roschon...the guy is a huge JAG.

I did not want him...at all. This guy is so much better than RJ will ever be.

Evans was nice but apparently character issue...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The UFA FB we got may just be that guy...Ronald Jones has been highly effective at it as well.
Ronald Jones may or may not be that guy we don’t know. He hasn’t had a very impressive career up to this point the Cowboys are his third team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Roschon...the guy is a huge JAG.

I did not want him...at all. This guy is so much better than RJ will ever be.

Evans was nice but apparently character issue...
Ok, fair enough. Do you have confidence that the coaches will carve out a nice role for deuce? Do you think he will be more than a special teams return guy?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

rumor...just a rumor...radio guys think that maybe they were debating between texas RB and LB but chose the LB.
Who knows.

Evans had character issue red flags and that is why he fell so far to begin with.

I wanted Israel from Pitt