A 3rd for Josh Rosen?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Lmao to the people saying they’d take him over Dak. Though Rosen may be a better QB (which we’re not even sure about. He could be a bust here as well or a NFL Bust overall), but dude isn’t a leader. Look at all the teams that did well this year vs the ones that don’t. All of their QB’s are leaders that can rally their teams to victory. Wilson, Luck, Mahomes, even Mayfield. Compare the likes of those QB’s to Manning, Winston, Allen, Cousins. While (some of) these QB’s are pretty talented, they lack leadership mentality. Regardless of what you think of Dak, you can not deny that the team loves him and his leadership and that’s hard to find in a true QB. Wouldn’t trade replace Dak would Rosen. Not a chance.

SSoup

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I think playing Rosen at QB is a slick way of tanking a season to get the highest pick possible. I just don't want to do that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
dealornodeal-640-20140908110101754.jpg

No Deal!

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Once again, the anti-Dak mafia strikes. Dak is our QB for the next decade so get over it folks. Your narrative is lame.
My guess is you missed the part where I said "for fun". I never said any negative about Dak!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My guess is you missed the part where I said "for fun". I never said any negative about Dak!
Is it fun to you to propose a scenario where Dak is cast aside? Is that not negative? I guess you hate him so much you don't see the negativity in that proposition.

GMO415

Reaction score
Can we get a #1 and a #2 for Dak? Then and only then this could make since.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Rosen had red flags all over him coming in. The worst appears to be true. Cards looking to dump him after 1 year is a major red flag. Why would you bring a guy like that in? Leverage over Dak - that is a culture killing type move. Big pass for me.
Dak had red flags coming out and they are still apparent yet he seems to be able to win with this RUN FIRST THEN DUMP OFF TEAM. Why couldn't a QB with an NFL ARM "WIN" HERE

Falco78

Reaction score
Why not? Would he be ahead of Rush or White at this point? Do we want to risk needing a QB if White or Rush aren't ready if Dak stinks it up in 2019 like he did for most of 2017/2018 combined?
Yet his numbers contradict your latter attempted point

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Dak had red flags coming out and they are still apparent yet he seems to be able to win with this RUN FIRST THEN DUMP OFF TEAM. Why couldn't a QB with an NFL ARM "WIN" HERE

You are either trolling or amazingly stupid. Guy was thrust into a starting roll and has had a winning record as a QB his first 3 years.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You are either trolling or amazingly stupid. Guy was thrust into a starting roll and has had a winning record as a QB his first 3 years.

What he is saying is absolutely true. Dak did have flags, that's why he was taken in the 4th round. I see no need to try and call the guy stupid. What Dak has done in the Pros and what he did in College are two different things and Dak does struggle with his accuracy in certain situations still, just like he did in College. It's not a knock, it's just the truth.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Is it fun to you to propose a scenario where Dak is cast aside? Is that not negative? I guess you hate him so much you don't see the negativity in that proposition.
where do I say anything about casting Dak aside? Did you even read what I wrote or did you just read the headline? I said we could trade ROSEN in a year or 2 and recoup our 3rd round pick and maybe get more for him. All I said about Dak was that Rosen would give us leverage when the time to comes to resign Dak.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Yet his numbers contradict your latter attempted point
Was 2017 a down year? Was many parts of 2018 down as well with better numbers in the 2nd half?

Wouldn't you agree if there's a repeat of 2017 or 1st half 2018 there needs to be some consideration for QB? Its ok to root for him, but I'm talking about improving any position and not letting an issue linger on.

condoin125

Reaction score
I would give up a 3rd, 2nd or a 1st for Rosen in a heart beat to come be this team's starting QB. LOL, I wonder how many of you have issues with Rosen because of his proclaimed political preferences.....

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Josh Rosen is a head case. No way I would even give up a 3rd round pick for that guy. He’s going to be a bust. His Instagram account tells me everything I need to know about him, and his horrible play last year confirms it. He’s childish and has a complete lack of leadership.

My dream scenario is that the Commanders or Giants sign him.

visionary

Reaction score
There is no way they part with him for a third. It's probably better to just draft Murray and keep both just in case than do that.

With your track record at making predictions I'll take the opposite sight unseen
:laugh:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Calling Josh Rosen a “head case” is exaggerating. Rosen has a similar attitude to Rodgers - he’s cocky and over confident - but “head case” makes it sound like he had some serious off the field problems, when he doesn’t.

Still think it will be silly for Cards to trade a prototypical style QB to take a chance on Kyler Murray.