A Case of the Jones's

ESisback

Reaction score
No never have listened to them. Not my generation nor interest.

It doesn’t matter the effect. It’s about speaking your mind and presenting the perspective. Planting seeds where you can.

At the end of the day it feels better to vent especially with so many who feel similar. It’s been great therapy for the grief of my favorite pastime becoming a lesser impact in my life.

How old are you, 112? The Pumpkins were big over 20 years ago! I was a Cowboy fan before Staubach, but I’m still familiar with music that came out after Paul Anka’s heyday!

ESisback

Reaction score
Some fans like Jerry and feel he’s not so bad for Cowboys Football .

And then others just handle the criticism or attacks on anything Cowboys.

We criticize and bash everything and everyone in our life including our loved ones why wouldn’t we also our favorite football franchise which is like anything we cherish with highs and lows.

This era has been a low and our feelings are accordingly. My attitudes towards Cowboys football is much different this era than previous ones.

There’s plenty about the Cowboys, AND the NFL, that piss me off, Jerry included. I just don’t refuse to acknowledge the positive things he’s done beyond making a buck.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s impacting most of us less, these days! All those seeds your planting bearing no fruit doesn’t deter you at all, does it? Tip of the cap to your perseverance!
I’d say from the negative rhetoric I see on Jerry most would agree he’s bad for Cowboys football . But there’s always a more Homerish base which defends anything Cowboy especially from the vitriol attacks I present. I’ve always believed I offer a perspective , hopefully a deeper insight from my experiences that not everyone can or is willing to offer.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How old are you, 112? The Pumpkins were big over 20 years ago! I was a Cowboy fan before Staubach, but I’m still familiar with music that came out after Paul Anka’s heyday!
I really didn’t get into much after the Classic Rock era in 60’s and 70’s. My wife likes some 80’s stuff but most of it to me was soft rock or head bangin. Some of the 90’s grunge was ok but I’m usually pretty stuck with what I grew up with with few exceptions. I’m a Blues fan and there are some greats I like this era like Joe Bonomasa, Derek Trucks,Warren Haynes and Kenny Wayne Sheppard.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s plenty about the Cowboys, AND the NFL, that piss me off, Jerry included. I just don’t refuse to acknowledge the positive things he’s done beyond making a buck.
But to me none of that matters if he’s a deterrent to Cowboys Football.

Those other bragging points are only relevant to me if we have success in football.

No one would have ever called us America’s Team if we hadn’t had success on the football field. Our popularity and financial success has no meaning without the success on the field.

Jerry figured out a way to circumvent that core necessity for his own selfish endeavors and why I’m so angry with him while fans like you somehow applaud it despite what it’s done to our football operations.

ESisback

Reaction score
But to me none of that matters if he’s a deterrent to Cowboys Football.

Those other bragging points are only relevant to me if we have success in football.

No one would have ever called us America’s Team if we hadn’t had success on the football field. Our popularity and financial success has no meaning without the success on the field.

Jerry figured out a way to circumvent that core necessity for his own selfish endeavors and why I’m so angry with him while fans like you somehow applaud it despite what it’s done to our football operations.

“Fans like me” aren’t a one note wonder, and EVERY SINGLE BIT as relevant as you and the gigantic army of people that hate Jerry like Trump, Vader and Hitler combined. Plus, you seem to forget, we’ve won 3 of our 5 Super Bowls since Booger bought the team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
“Fans like me” aren’t a one note wonder, and EVERY SINGLE BIT as relevant as you and the gigantic army of people that hate Jerry like Trump, Vader and Hitler combined. Plus, you seem to forget, we’ve won 3 of our 5 Super Bowls since Booger bought the team.
Of course. Your still living on those laurels. Its given Jerry and his defenders a pass for life. Bravo!

Your just the kind of fan Jerry thanks for not holding him accountable for what we’ve become. Thanks!

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
Of course. Your still living on those laurels. Its given Jerry and his defenders a pass for life. Bravo!

Your just the kind of fan Jerry thanks for not holding him accountable for what we’ve become. Thanks!

And you’re the kind of fan that most people roll their eyes at and make jokes about.

Tell me how I can “hold Jerry Jones accountable”! Jerry values guys like you less than the sweat on his ball sack!

ESisback

Reaction score

Can’t pick and choose the relevant laurels. If the accomplishments AFTER ‘89 are “in the past” and not worthy of a free pass or a platform for the mantel of America’s Team, what happened BEFORE ‘89 is worthless too! MOST of us know that’s not true!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And you’re the kind of fan that most people roll their eyes at and make jokes about.

Tell me how I can “hold Jerry Jones accountable”! Jerry values guys like you less than the sweat on his ball sack!
With your actions and words. You still don’t get it do you after all of these years what my intentions are. Oh well..

I’ve never been interested in being in a clique on a fan forum. I’m much too serious a fan for some. We’ve been over all of this before.

I don’t expect everyone to relate to my experiences and mindset. You guys always want to make it into more to defend the Football Idiot.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can’t pick and choose the relevant laurels. If the accomplishments AFTER ‘89 are “in the past” and not worthy of a free pass or a platform for the mantel of America’s Team, what happened BEFORE ‘89 is worthless too! MOST of us know that’s not true!
We applauded Jerry for the early success. Time to move on. If we can move on with Landry we can move on with Jerry.

Landry didn’t get a free pass for life why should Jerry?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry has proven thus far he’s not good for Cowboys Football since the best decision he ever made with Jimmy. Without that early success he would have been ran out of town by now.

I was a big supporter of Jerry early on for bringing Jimmy in. It wasn’t until what happened afterward and still until this day which has pitted me against Jerry.

Jerry broke his promise that he’d do everything within his power to win. Instead he’s been on a mission to prove everyone wrong that he could build a championship team without Jimmy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You mad, bro? Bro ... bloke?

ESisback

Reaction score
We applauded Jerry for the early success. Time to move on. If we can move on with Landry we can move on with Jerry.

Landry didn’t get a free pass for life why should Jerry?

So why do you like the Cowboys? We applauded Landry and Tex and Gil Brandt and Dandy Don, but now it’s time to move on, right?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So why do you like the Cowboys? We applauded Landry and Tex and Gil Brandt and Dandy Don, but now it’s time to move on, right?
Of course. This is where this discussion always arrives questioning my fandom. How could I like the Cowboys if I despise what Jerry has done to our football organization .

You guys just aren’t ever going to get my attacks on Jerry Lol . Or you’re still trying to discredit my fandom to low the blow of my message? I just don’t care anymore what you think.

Oh well. I’m over your clan. Have fun in your little thread over there about nothing with all the other refugees. Lol Time to move on ES. I’m bored with this discussion. It’s going nowhere.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
Of course. This is where this discussion always arrives questioning my fandom. How could I like the Cowboys if I despise what Jerry has done to our football organization .

You guys just aren’t ever going to get my attacks on Jerry Lol . Or you’re still trying to discredit my fandom to low the blow of my message? I just don’t care anymore what you think.

Oh well. I’m over your clan. Have fun in your little thread over there about nothing with all the other refugees. Lol Time to move on ES. I’m bored with this discussion. It’s going nowhere.

We agree there! Going nowhere! Anyone that questions your one sided agenda regarding Booger is “attacking” you and your fan hood.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We agree there! Going nowhere! Anyone that questions your one sided agenda regarding Booger is “attacking” you and your fan hood.
I don’t have an issue with you questioning my argument or agenda with Jerry. I welcome the discussion.

My issue is the attempt to discredit me personally or my fandom to lower the blow of my message or argument .

Last edited: