A Case of the Jones's

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And some will even lie about the words they spewed. Lying has become second nature for the most supposedly credible personalities.

And we want to believe a thuggish ballplayer who’d probably be in jail or prison if he wasn’t a celebrity football player. Please ....

Believe what you will..,.I’m done here.

ESisback

Reaction score
Jerry’s priorities continue to be very obvious.

Jerry is motivated by profit, yes, but I believe there are additional factors:
1)Jerry sees the Cowboys as THE iconic franchise that stands for “truth, justice and the American way”, and he aligns himself with that.
2)He sees setting a precedent early as both noble and innovative, something that will eventually pay off.
3)He’s stubborn AND patriotic.

ESisback

Reaction score
And some will even lie about the words they spewed. Lying has become second nature for the most supposedly credible personalities.

And we want to believe a thuggish ballplayer who’d probably be in jail or prison if he wasn’t a celebrity football player. Please ....

Believe what you will..,.I’m done here.

Some ARE “thuggish”, but most are not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is motivated by profit, yes, but I believe there are additional factors:
1)Jerry sees the Cowboys as THE iconic franchise that stands for “truth, justice and the American way”, and he aligns himself with that.
2)He sees setting a precedent early as both noble and innovative, something that will eventually pay off.
3)He’s stubborn AND patriotic.
Lol “ truth, Justice and the American way “

I’d argue those players are more patriotic.

Jerry is just trying to protect his revenue. He doesn’t fool me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course you would. Saying Jerry’s patriotic doesn’t favor your “Jerry is Satan” shtick.
He’s just not what is best for Cowboys football . So, in a sense , yes, he is the Cowboys devil if he’s preventing the football team from more success.

How would you describe it? Do you think Jerry is our savior and what’s best for Cowboys Football ?

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
He’s just not what is best for Cowboys football . So, in a sense , yes, he is the Cowboys devil if he’s preventing the football team from more success. How would you describe it?

Poor GM, great owner. A gambler, an outlaw, an attentionwhore with a giant ego. A drunken old perv. On the plus side, a great salesman, an innovator, a patriotic business wiz who loves football and is loyal to a fault.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Poor GM, great owner. A gambler, an outlaw, an attentionwhore with a giant ego. A drunken old perv. On the plus side, a great salesman, an innovator, a patriotic business wiz who loves football and is loyal to a fault.
Is he an asset or liability to Cowboys Football ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I couldn’t care less what he’s done as owner. I’m only interested in the Football team.

But I’d argue what he’s done as owner is to create a situation where the results on the field wouldn’t hold him accountable or hurt his revenue and he’s brilliantly succeeded . I’m so thrilled.

If that’s not Devilish behavior for his own self interest I don’t know what is.

Y’all can’t handle my attacks on Jerry but yet you don’t think his ways are what’s best for Cowboys Football?? Unbelievable. Lol

ESisback

Reaction score
I couldn’t care less what he’s done as owner. I’m only interested in the Football team.

But I’d argue what he’s done as owner is to create a situation where the results on the field wouldn’t hold him accountable or hurt his revenue and he’s brilliantly succeeded . I’m so thrilled.

If that’s not Devilish behavior for his own self interest I don’t know what is.

Y’all can’t handle my attacks on Jerry but yet you don’t think his ways are what’s best for Cowboys Football?? Unbelievable. Lol

Can’t handle your attack’s on Jerry?That’s funny. Most people that know you roll their eyes. Single minded hatred for Jerry or Jerry’s the greatest, right? No middle ground, huh?

ESisback

Reaction score
Hey Greg, ever hear that song from the Smashing Pumpkins? It’s called Bullet With Butterfly Wings, and the line I refer to says “Despite all my rage, I’m still just a rat in a cage.”

No matter what you say or do, you will never have any effect whatsoever on Jerry Jones’ ownership of the Dallas Cowboys. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can’t handle your attack’s on Jerry?That’s funny. Most people that know you roll their eyes. Single minded hatred for Jerry or Jerry’s the greatest, right? No middle ground, huh?
Not really. His ways are either helping us win or not. If he’s a deterrent then he’s a weed that needs rooted out.

There’s really no other way to view it IMO when push comes to shove. There is no middle ground. Otherwise we’re left with what we have.

A clean sled is needed and that begins with his ouster as GM and the stranglehold he and Stephen have on football operations.

It doesn’t guarantee more success but at least we’d have a more accountable process like the other NFL franchises. That’s all I’ve ever wanted.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hey Greg, ever hear that song from the Smashing Pumpkins? It’s called Bullet With Butterfly Wings, and the line I refer to says “Despite all my rage, I’m still just a rat in a cage.”

No matter what you say or do, you will never have any effect whatsoever on Jerry Jones’ ownership of the Dallas Cowboys. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
No never have listened to them. Not my generation nor interest.

It doesn’t matter the effect. It’s about speaking your mind and presenting the perspective. Planting seeds where you can.

At the end of the day it feels better to vent especially with so many who feel similar. It’s been great therapy for the grief of my favorite pastime becoming a lesser impact in my life.

ESisback

Reaction score
Not really. His ways are either helping us win or not. If he’s a deterrent then he’s a weed that needs rooted out.

There’s really no other way to view it IMO when push comes to shove. There is no middle ground. Otherwise we’re left with what we have.

A clean sled is needed and that begins with his ouster as GM and the stranglehold he and Stephen have on football operations.

It doesn’t guarantee more success but at least we’d have a more accountable process like the other NFL franchises. That’s all I’ve ever wanted.

See my last post. Rinse, repeat.

ESisback

Reaction score
No never have listened to them. Not my generation nor interest.

It doesn’t matter the effect. It’s about speaking your mind and presenting the perspective. Planting seeds where you can.

At the end of the day it feels better to vent especially with so many who feel similar. It’s been great therapy for the grief of my favorite pastime becoming a lesser impact in my life.

It’s impacting most of us less, these days! All those seeds your planting bearing no fruit doesn’t deter you at all, does it? Tip of the cap to your perseverance!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
See my last post. Rinse, repeat.
Some fans like Jerry and feel he’s not so bad for Cowboys Football .

And then others just handle the criticism or attacks on anything Cowboys.

We criticize and bash everything and everyone in our life including our loved ones why wouldn’t we also our favorite football franchise which is like anything we cherish with highs and lows.

This era has been a low and our feelings are accordingly. My attitudes towards Cowboys football is much different this era than previous ones.