A change has come

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The talk should have been shameful. Not sure why someone would not expect it to be.

We gave the Rams 14 points on two turnovers that mirrored the types of turnovers we had just a couple games prior to that one.

In order to move forward you have to show a record that indicates your are moving forward and not backwards or in the same trench.

Until this team can prove it can progress past 8-8 or making same mistakes we have seen time and time again, people are not going to give them the benefit of the doubt in most cases.

How are they going to prove it until the play 16 games? This is where we will just agree to to disagree. IN terms of showing a forward movement i think they have the whole season. Its only 3 weeks. But the play and effort between 2013 and 2014 is night and day. The game planning and adjustments are completely opposite. Games arent going to perfect, its just a matter if the team can adjust and come back. Im just a fan with a glass thats half full instead of half empty. Where the norm in this forum has been just bash every aspect of this team. Id rather focus on the positives this team is doing. I dont ignore the flaws but im not going to take away the joy of watching them play. If i ever come to that ill just stop watching instead of making myself miserable.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
wonder how much time he spent of the photo he will use on his play card, compared to putting in the actual plan to put on the card....:laugh:
Hope he was more focused on the photo...

Perhaps it will be of the Jerry leaked photos?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys, I know all the faces are the same, the front office hasn't changed whatsoever and the owner routinely tells us the team continues to operate the same way for the last 20 plus years, but this just feels different.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How are they going to prove it until the play 16 games? This is where we will just agree to to disagree. IN terms of showing a forward movement i think they have the whole season. Its only 3 weeks. But the play and effort between 2013 and 2014 is night and day. The game planning and adjustments are completely opposite. Games arent going to perfect, its just a matter if the team can adjust and come back. Im just a fan with a glass thats half full instead of half empty. Where the norm in this forum has been just bash every aspect of this team. Id rather focus on the positives this team is doing. I dont ignore the flaws but im not going to take away the joy of watching them play. If i ever come to that ill just stop watching instead of making myself miserable.

You show it in the play.

Have we not seen Murray fumble the ball multiple times this year?
Have we not seen Tony throw a pick six before?

I will give you the Oline playing better, the run game playing better and it seems they are being real with the committment to the run. I will give you the adjustments.

I can not give anything to the poor play of this defense. It is better than last year but frankly it is still pretty crappy.

I can not give you anything on effort as that is one of the things I seen last year even when it was a lost cause towards the end.

Do NOT be shocked if we lose the next game with terrible defensive play and we once again find our record at .500

I USED to be a fan with the glass half full. This team has turned me into a fan with the glass half empty.

You can only go by history to try and figure out how a team will go in the future. NOT history of years ago...recent history.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I think paying attention to the past, gives you an indication, what the future might bring. You said something about getting rid of bad contracts, yet Jerry handed one to Witten and Romo, and also signed Lee to one(who was injury prone before they signed him), and you know, they are going to hand on to Murray(who seems to be Emmitt 2.0 in his contract year), so I can not buy that argument. They have put a focus on the OLine, that is a positive change.

Why do people bring up Lee's contract as bad? Do you know that Lee has alot of incentives in there that protected the team? Wittens deal is bad? Wow. Ill give you Romo never liked him never will. But i can see the team Cutting him this yr if the back doesnt improve over the course of the yr. They'd have dead money but would actually save 9mil against the cap if he's a june cut.

No RB in the NFL is going to break the bank anymore. Big contracts for RBs have died. Thats just todays NFL.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
"Alot of cowboy fans bash this team more then fans of opposing teams..............."

Couldn't be more wrong.

Ever.

The hate for the Cowboys is loud and proud...............

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You show it in the play.

Have we not seen Murray fumble the ball multiple times this year?
Have we not seen Tony throw a pick six before?

I will give you the Oline playing better, the run game playing better and it seems they are being real with the committment to the run. I will give you the adjustments.

I can not give anything to the poor play of this defense. It is better than last year but frankly it is still pretty crappy.

I can not give you anything on effort as that is one of the things I seen last year even when it was a lost cause towards the end.

Do NOT be shocked if we lose the next game with terrible defensive play and we once again find our record at .500

I USED to be a fan with the glass half full. This team has turned me into a fan with the glass half empty.

You can only go by history to try and figure out how a team will go in the future. NOT history of years ago...recent history.

Have we not seen Murray come back and run over every team this yr after them early fumbles? I actually hate that he hasnt protected the ball and even had a thread about that specific issue with him. But he hasnt given up in either game. He's come back and killed teams.

Romo is Romo i will never defend his turnovers.

ON defense. Other then Seattle who isnt struggling in the NFL on defense in games? Hell even Seattle got torched vs SD.

Well me i never look at history. Why do i want to live my life in the past when i have my present and future to look at. Just th way i was raised. when you live in the past you miss out on the now.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
In years past we were always a couple plays away from being 11-5. Same could be said for being 5-11. You are what your record says you are.

This year 'feels different'? I've heard that every year around this time. Lets get 3 or 4 games above .500 before we pull out the anointing oil.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Dumb OP. Can't blame fans for the team not playing well. That makes no sense. All the criticisms from media and fans have mostly been warranted and justified by the teams play.

CashMan

Reaction score
Why do people bring up Lee's contract as bad? Do you know that Lee has alot of incentives in there that protected the team? Wittens deal is bad? Wow. Ill give you Romo never liked him never will. But i can see the team Cutting him this yr if the back doesnt improve over the course of the yr. They'd have dead money but would actually save 9mil against the cap if he's a june cut.

No RB in the NFL is going to break the bank anymore. Big contracts for RBs have died. Thats just todays NFL.

How much is Lee counting against the cap, and he is on IR, and there is no indication, he will be at full speed next year. Witten, yeah it is a bad deal. I really did not understand the Romo contract.

I think Murray is going to get a 4yr 20ish mill deal.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have we not seen Murray come back and run over every team this yr after them early fumbles? I actually hate that he hasnt protected the ball and even had a thread about that specific issue with him. But he hasnt given up in either game. He's come back and killed teams.

Romo is Romo i will never defend his turnovers.

ON defense. Other then Seattle who isnt struggling in the NFL on defense in games? Hell even Seattle got torched vs SD.

Well me i never look at history. Why do i want to live my life in the past when i have my present and future to look at. Just th way i was raised. when you live in the past you miss out on the now.

If you dont learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.

If you NEVER look at history, how in the heck to you know they are moving forward? Forward from What?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If you dont learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.

If you NEVER look at history, how in the heck to you know they are moving forward? Forward from What?

Why do you have to look back at history when you already lived it? Whats the purpose of dwelling on it? You cant change what happened then. You can just fix it now. And i think they're doing that getting rid of certain players and coaches. Taking away responsibilities and adding new blood.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In years past we were always a couple plays away from being 11-5. Same could be said for being 5-11. You are what your record says you are.

This year 'feels different'? I've heard that every year around this time. Lets get 3 or 4 games above .500 before we pull out the anointing oil.

I have also heard a few times...let's wait to the end of the season to see what the record is...only for it to be 8-8 again. :(

Maybe waiting till we actually break 9 wins before throwing out the anointing oil is the better plan. :huh:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you have to look back at history when you already lived it? Whats the purpose of dwelling on it? You cant change what happened then. You can just fix it now. And i think they're doing that getting rid of certain players and coaches. Taking away responsibilities and adding new blood.

You change what happened then by looking at it, seeing what needs changed, addressing and trying to implement the changes.

Seriously we are having a debate about forgetting your recent past because it has nothing to do with the future and why look back?

Seriously. When this team has made the same mistakes over and over and over and has had the same record the last few years and has .500 record for A DECADE?

Really?

SMH

kevm3

Reaction score
I'll believe change has come if we win 10 games this season and win a game in the playoffs. The victory against the Rams were nice, but we shouldn't have been getting spanked like that by them in the first place. I give the team props for turning it around in that game, but I need to see Garrett improve his record against above .500 ball clubs.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what?

Honestly guys look at the last three games of last year, the eagles were a much better team the 2nd time we faced them, Orton had 2 days to practice and prepare. Tony had a whole season. The Skins had quit on their coach be the time we played them, both the packers and the skins were giving up way more points a game than the eagles. So tell me again which QB preformed better with far less time to prepare. Yet you still feel a QB who can't be effective beyond 15yds down the field is better, good lord, you put him side by side with Weeden, you would not like the results. This guy has this offense operating at 75% at best.