A Giants loss or a Cowboys win

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
That would be correct because the skins are the only NFC team fighting for a wildcard with 5 losses. Which means if the Bucs won 2 straight and the Giants lost 2 straight, the Bucs would be 5th and the Giants would be 6th

And the skins would either be 8-7-1 or 9-6-1 and would miss the playoffs

Thanks for clarifying in the other thread and this one; makes sense.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying in the other thread and this one; makes sense.

Think Giants clinch a wildcard tonight if the skins lose tonight since they can do no worst than 6th

Giants....10-4
Bucs-8-6
Skins-7-6-1
Vikings-7-7

Even if they lose 2 in a row they would still win the tiebreaker over tampa at 10-6

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Think Giants clinch a wildcard tonight if the skins lose tonight since they can do no worst than 6th

Giants....10-4
Bucs-8-6
Skins-7-6-1
Vikings-7-7

Even if they lose 2 in a row they would still win the tiebreaker over tampa at 10-6

You're right I think.

I have to stop fearing the Giants but living in ny I don't think I could stomach another playoff elimination by the Giants.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Whether the Giants lose or not, I still want us to beat the lions...and beat them bad.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
You're right I think.

I have to stop fearing the Giants but living in ny I don't think I could stomach another playoff elimination by the Giants.

Someone in another thread mention GB wins the tiebreaker over the Giants at 10-6 but if the Packers win their last 2 they will win the North. So there is no way I think the Packers get in with a wildcard because one more loss and they lose all tiebreakers with bucs and giants. And if they win out they win the divsion which would have the Lions on the outside looking in at 9-7

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Someone in another thread mention GB wins the tiebreaker over the Giants at 10-6 but if the Packers win their last 2 they will win the North. So there is no way I think the Packers get in with a wildcard because one more loss and they lose all tiebreakers with bucs and giants. And if they win out they win the divsion which would have the Lions on the outside looking in at 9-7

Is a threeway tie between the lions Bucs and Giants possible giving the Lions and Bucs tiebreakers over the Giants due to conference record?

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Is a threeway tie between the lions Bucs and Giants possible giving the Lions and Bucs tiebreakers over the Giants due to conference record?

Giants-10-6 would have 7-5 conference record
Bucs-10-6 would have a 6-6 conference record

If the Lions finish 10-6 they win the North. So it's no way they can all end up 10-6. If the Lions finish with 10 wins that means they either beat US or GB giving GB a 9-7 record at best

That's why it looks like the Giants clinch a playoff spot with a skins loss because they can't do no worst than 6th since the skins won't finish 10-5-1

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Giants-10-6 would have 7-5 conference record
Bucs-10-6 would have a 6-6 conference record

If the Lions finish 10-6 they win the North. So it's no way they can all end up 10-6. If the Lions finish with 10 wins that means they either beat US or GB giving GB a 9-7 record at best

That's why it looks like the Giants clinch a playoff spot with a skins loss because they can't do no worst than 6th since the skins won't finish 10-5-1

What about the lions beating us (10-5) but then losing to greenbay making them 10-6 greenbay 10-6 and assuming the Giants and Bucs are 10-6?

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
What about the lions beating us (10-5) but then losing to greenbay making them 10-6 greenbay 10-6 and assuming the Giants and Bucs are 10-6?

Then it looks like GB will win the North

Giants will be #5 since the beat Det
Lions will be #6 based on better conference record than Bucs

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score

See I didn't think head to head came into play when there's a 3 or 4 way tie. I remember when we went 12-4 in 2014 it was a threeway tie with GB Seattle and Us. Even though we beat Seattle and Seattle beat greenbay we were the 3rd seed because we had the worst conference record out of the 3.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
See I didn't think head to head came into play when there's a 3 or 4 way tie. I remember when we went 12-4 in 2014 it was a threeway tie with GB Seattle and Us. Even though we beat Seattle and Seattle beat greenbay we were the 3rd seed because we had the worst conference record out of the 3.

Ok I was wrong

Det would be #5 because they would have a 8-4 conference at 10-6
Giants would be #6 because they would have a 7-5 conference at 10-6

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Ok I was wrong

Det would be #5 because they would have a 8-4 conference at 10-6
Giants would be #6 because they would have a 7-5 conference at 10-6

Just was on the Giants boards. They confirmed a 3 way tie would net them out of the playoffs. They are not in yet even with the skins losing today.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Just was on the Giants boards. They confirmed a 3 way tie would net them out of the playoffs. They are not in yet even with the skins losing today.

Just got a chuckle of out what was just said for the Panthers to make the playoffs

Bucs have to lose 2
Packers have to lose 2
Skins would need to have a game end in another tie

lol

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
3 way tie with Bucs and Lions?

Yeah. One poster celebrated thinking the Giants were in the playoffs and he got shut down by 3 people.

3 way tie with Bucs Giants and lions means Giants are out. If greenbay would have lost to Chicago the Giants would be in right now.

It's peer much a guarantee the Giants make the playoffs unless they lose out and the lions Bucs and Giants somehow manage to all be 10-6

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

No, a three way tie does not use head to head as a tiebreaker unless all three teams played each other. They go straight to conference records. That's why we got the 3 seed in 2014 and Seattle and Green Bay got the 1 and 2 seeds even though we beat Seattle and Seattle beat Green Bay. Since we didn't plat Green Bay, it went to conference records for seeding.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
And even if all three teams played each other, one of them would have to go 2-0 against the other two for head to head to matter. Had we played Green Bay two years ago, it wouldn't have mattered unless we had won. If we had played them and lost, all three teams would have been 1-1 against the other two and it still would've went straight to conference record for the first tiebreaker.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
No, a three way tie does not use head to head as a tiebreaker unless all three teams played each other. They go straight to conference records. That's why we got the 3 seed in 2014 and Seattle and Green Bay got the 1 and 2 seeds even though we beat Seattle and Seattle beat Green Bay. Since we didn't plat Green Bay, it went to conference records for seeding.

Yeah I know, and realized det would be 5 and giants 6