A harsh truth about Dak Prescott for some of you

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.

You're overthinking this. Dallas is playing much, much better football than it did last year and many years before. They're playing at a championship level. However, this is an extremely competitive league. For example, the Cardinals, the Bills, and the Bucs are all looking great. To win a Super Bowl, the Cowboys will have to get through some extremely talented football teams.

In short, the Cowboys have a shot at it. The Cowboys do not have a guarantee to win it all (no one does). It's a case of don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dilfer is one of the poster child QB in how a QB can ride his way into a championship.

The fact a fan would use him in bashing Prescott , Romo or any QB who hasn’t won a championship is all we need to know about that fans agenda here.
Im not a Romo fan I think he was over rated and undervalued by us fans but I can say he's better than Dilfer. Also i don't think that's what @MountaineerCowboy was stating but ill let him speak for himself. Dilfer and Flacco are similar stories where a defense carried you to a championship. I think what he was saying is that fans and sports evaluators in general use the standard of a super bowl to evaluate the greatness of the position and while in some cases that is true but not in all.

I will also say that Im not on board with @MountaineerCowboy early assessments of Dak i also think hes come around more to what alot of us already saw. Hes not a rockport but hes not a pappy or risen either. Now if you werent referiing to poster i mentioned accept my apolgies.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I used to think of Dak as "Russell Wilson Lite"

Dak has improved to the point where I consider him on Russell Wilsons level. It is bigger than "stats" with these 2 QBs. It's leadership, its clutchness, its toughness, it's off script playmaking, it's "do anything to win"

With that said...the Seahawks were TRUE Super Bowl threats when the defense was very good. Does not mean Russell Wilson was not great, it means that without a very good defense...you are asking Rusell/Dak to outscore people for 16 games + playoffs. Now during the regular season....you are not playing against elite teams and coaching staffs every week. So theoretically, you should get a "break" from time to time during the regular season. But that is not the case in the playoffs.

A couple of years ago, when we beat the Seahawks in the playoffs and lost to the Rams the following week. It was because we emptied our clip beating the Seahawks and had nothing left for the next game. The playoffs are a different animal. It is the best of the best. It is a war of attrition. I mean against the Rams, we let a guy get off his couch and gash us for over 100 yards.

Getting a healthy DeMarcus Lawrence back will help. Crossing my fingers that the secondary remains healthy and opportunistic, but they can be had. They at least have the personnel to force TOs. The LBers can absolutely be had and that will not get much better this year. When your hope is that the rookies "hold up"...that is a recipe for disaster during a playoff/Super Bowl run. This defense would not survive if it had to take out Stafford, Rodgers, Murray and Brady in no particular order.

Am I excited? Yes! Am I enjoying this year? Yes! Can you win with Dak? Yes! But do you remember when the Rams beat us in the playoffs a couple of years ago? Do you remember what Bellicheck did to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl that year? Do you think we could do that if that is what was necessary? Did not mean Brady was not good enough. We saw what he did years later in his first season with the Bucs . It simply meant the coaching and defense was NEEDED to beat the Rams that year...and if we needed to pivot and rely on coaching and defense...we could not.
this was great. I commend you for writing a well thought out comment. but @CATCH17 only understands stupid, so you have to really dumb down your post, write as if you are responding to a troll.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're overthinking this. Dallas is playing much, much better football than it did last year and many years before. They're playing at a championship level. However, this is an extremely competitive league. For example, the Cardinals, the Bills, and the Bucs are all looking great. To win a Super Bowl, the Cowboys will have to get through some extremely talented football teams.

In short, the Cowboys have a shot at it. The Cowboys do not have a guarantee to win it all (no one does). It's a case of don't count your chickens before they've hatched.
no no no no...he is not over thinking...that's not it....he is not thinking at all, that's the issue

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're making things up as usual.

Nobody said that Dilfer was the better QB. I simply said that Dilfer sits at the champions table and Romo doesn't.

You have a bad habit of trying to twist things to try and fit your narrative. You know I'm right, but you can't admit it, so you try and change what was said just so you avoid the truth. It's an old and tired tactic, but that stuff don't work on me, so save it, because I'll call ya out on it real quick.
wait wait wait....now its champions. I thought it was winners....perhaps what's his name corrected you and you are changing your tune...

you have a bad habit of trying to spin your way out of your own narratives

I am sure next is champions and winners are the same and its your opinion, your rules, you live in my head, I am obsessed by you, my opinion doesn't matter....you know the same routine...

go ahead with your bad self, in your corner (alone)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Mountaineer Cowboy the great talent evaluator . If your not on a championship team you suk. Lol

These trolling tactics are so blatant .
no, he is changing right before our very eyes....its champions now...before he said winners. if you haven't won a superbowl, you are a loser....now its champions..
I guess that's where the breeze is blowing today....:rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again, nobody said that. A lot of great players never won championships. You're twisting things thinking that you're somehow out smarting somebody when all you're doing is exposing the holes in your very weak argument. When you have to twist things to fit your narrative then you already lost. Be a man and stop making things up.

Also, I understand why you wouldn't understand what I am saying. When you have a loser/participation trophy mentality like you clearly have shown to have then being a winner or not doesn't matter to you.
wait, it was you who called Marino a loser.....now you are saying he was great...so can a loser be great....go ahead spin away

and here it comes, you live in my head rent free, I am obsessed with you, its your opinion your rules (in your own corner by yourself), you don't care about anybody else's opinion....you know the same routine

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Im not a Romo fan I think he was over rated and undervalued by us fans but I can say he's better than Dilfer. Also i don't think that's what @MountaineerCowboy was stating but ill let him speak for himself. Dilfer and Flacco are similar stories where a defense carried you to a championship. I think what he was saying is that fans and sports evaluators in general use the standard of a super bowl to evaluate the greatness of the position and while in some cases that is true but not in all.

I will also say that Im not on board with @MountaineerCowboy early assessments of Dak i also think hes come around more to what alot of us already saw. Hes not a rockport but hes not a pappy or risen either. Now if you werent referiing to poster i mentioned accept my apolgies.
First, I can't get on board with the Flacco thing you said lol

Flacoo has the best run for a QB in the history of the playoffs and his defense gave up over 30 points twice in those playoffs, including the actual Super Bowl game itself.

I believe Dak and Romo both are WAY better than Dilfer. If you have a brain you do. I said that Dilfer is a champion though. So, although Dak and Romo are 10x the QB Dilfer was, Dilfer has what really matters, at least to me.

Also, thanks for not mindlessly bashing and being able to actually look at what I said and see that it's not just "hating" or "trolling" as the poster you replied to wants to suggest.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
wait wait wait....now its champions. I thought it was winners....perhaps what's his name corrected you and you are changing your tune...

you have a bad habit of trying to spin your way out of your own narratives

I am sure next is champions and winners are the same and its your opinion, your rules, you live in my head, I am obsessed by you, my opinion doesn't matter....you know the same routine...

go ahead with your bad self, in your corner (alone)
You know you have a weak argument when you're trying to get THAT technical about winners/champions.

You've come at me weak before, but this is a new low even for you.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes Dak and the Cowboys are capable of winning the Super Bowl.

No, it doesn’t mean Dak necessarily fails and signing him was a mistake if they don’t win the Super Bowl this season. There are a lot of very good teams in the league.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
wait, it was you who called Marino a loser.....now you are saying he was great...so can a loser be great....go ahead spin away

and here it comes, you live in my head rent free, I am obsessed with you, its your opinion your rules (in your own corner by yourself), you don't care about anybody else's opinion....you know the same routine
I'll say it again too.

Dan Marino retired a loser because he never lead his team to the ultimate goal. A Super Bowl win.

Being great and being a winner are two different things.

Now, go cry about it. I enjoy your tears and your emotional takes.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You know you have a weak argument when you're trying to get THAT technical about winners/champions.

You've come at me weak before, but this is a new low even for you.
oh, no its not technical. your posts....your comments. you were incessent about Winner vs. Loser...10s and 10s of posts arguing...you even asked me to call Dak prescott a loser...or did you forget (alziemers?)....

somebody had to correct you, teach you the difference and you even argued then....now you have adapted the champions thing and calling it a technicality..wanting everyone to forget your own argument

I called *********. and you are upset. you have no argument...you dove head first into knee deep ********* of your own and now trying to spin your way out of it

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
wait, is dilfer not a winner any more? what happened to winner and loser categories.
The fact that you're trying to get technical about the words winner and champion shows you're all emotion and have a loser mentality.

You have no argument, but you just can't control your sensitive emotions, so you have to speak out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'll say it again too.

Dan Marino retired a loser because he never lead his team to the ultimate goal. A Super Bowl win.

Being great and being a winner are two different things.

Now, go cry about it. I enjoy your tears and your emotional takes.
so is he a loser? or not a champion? lets make sure you get that straight....

you are spinning as usual. you got caught with your shorts down.....go ahead with your bad self....spin away...spin spin spin...have fun

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
oh, no its not technical. your posts....your comments. you were incessent about Winner vs. Loser...10s and 10s of posts arguing...you even asked me to call Dak prescott a loser...or did you forget (alziemers?)....

somebody had to correct you, teach you the difference and you even argued then....now you have adapted the champions thing and calling it a technicality..wanting everyone to forget your own argument

I called *********. and you are upset. you have no argument...you dove head first into knee deep ********* of your own and now trying to spin your way out of it
You call nothing.

All you have done is expose yourself as an emotional mess with a loser mentality.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
so is he a loser? or not a champion? lets make sure you get that straight....

you are spinning as usual. you got caught with your shorts down.....go ahead with your bad self....spin away...spin spin spin...have fun
Your emotions are getting the best of you.

I own you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The fact that you're trying to get technical about the words winner and champion shows you're all emotion and have a loser mentality.

You have no argument, but you just can't control your sensitive emotions, so you have to speak out.
oh, I forgot about the emotion thing...my bad....your routine is getting long and boring........yeah, yeah yeah part of your routine...I live in your head, I have my own rules, my opinion, you are emotional, blah blah blah blah...same routine. every time....go ahead spin away.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You call nothing.

All you have done is expose yourself as an emotional mess with a loser mentality.
sure, I am emotional, yet you argue incessently calling marino a loser and getting all upset that somebody called out your *********, now you are trying to spin your way out of it..

oh, go cry somewhere else.....you are weak...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your emotions are getting the best of you.

I own you.
OMG, what are you a 15 year old high school girl in love....'nuff with this emotion stuff. it seems to be a very important aspect of your life and your go to move when you lose an argument.....come up with something new...

now you lost the technicality argument and going with emotion thing....because you have nothing else to spin with

like I said, you got caught having dove head first into knee deep ********* of your own....