A harsh truth about Dak Prescott for some of you

phildadon86

Reaction score
First, I can't get on board with the Flacco thing you said lol

Flacoo has the best run for a QB in the history of the playoffs and his defense gave up over 30 points twice in those playoffs, including the actual Super Bowl game itself.

I believe Dak and Romo both are WAY better than Dilfer. If you have a brain you do. I said that Dilfer is a champion though. So, although Dak and Romo are 10x the QB Dilfer was, Dilfer has what really matters, at least to me.

Also, thanks for not mindlessly bashing and being able to actually look at what I said and see that it's not just "hating" or "trolling" as the poster you replied to wants to suggest.
While I agree with your entire argument. I have to point out. If it wasnt for the power going out magically during the SB. Flacco would have blown SF right out of the stadium. That break really helped SF get back into the game. Just my 2 cents. Also. We had an argument about Wentz a week ago and you agreed with Risen. Now you are saying you have to START to sit at that table. So Wentz cant sit at the table? Am I correct?

starfan1

Reaction score
First, I can't get on board with the Flacco thing you said lol

Flacoo has the best run for a QB in the history of the playoffs and his defense gave up over 30 points twice in those playoffs, including the actual Super Bowl game itself.

I believe Dak and Romo both are WAY better than Dilfer. If you have a brain you do. I said that Dilfer is a champion though. So, although Dak and Romo are 10x the QB Dilfer was, Dilfer has what really matters, at least to me.

Also, thanks for not mindlessly bashing and being able to actually look at what I said and see that it's not just "hating" or "trolling" as the poster you replied to wants to suggest.

ya maybe i should have used a better example than flacco (SUCKS NOW) he was pretty good that year and the defense wasnt as stout as the year dilfer won it. Maybe Eli is a better example nevertheless I agree with your assessment that both dak and romo are better

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You're overthinking this. Dallas is playing much, much better football than it did last year and many years before. They're playing at a championship level. However, this is an extremely competitive league. For example, the Cardinals, the Bills, and the Bucs are all looking great. To win a Super Bowl, the Cowboys will have to get through some extremely talented football teams.

In short, the Cowboys have a shot at it. The Cowboys do not have a guarantee to win it all (no one does). It's a case of don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

Yeah I never said they have any guarantees.

People just looking for excuses on our team as to why we can’t win is ridiculous and acting like our defense is awful because of some stat they read is awful.

Dallas is running away with some of these games quick while shutting opposing offenses down and making plays for the most part.

The problem is a game like Philadelphia looks bad when Hurts has 376 yards passing or whatever it was but was their pass game going to ever hurt us at any point? Like come on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
While I agree with your entire argument. I have to point out. If it wasnt for the power going out magically during the SB. Flacco would have blown SF right out of the stadium. That break really helped SF get back into the game. Just my 2 cents. Also. We had an argument about Wentz a week ago and you agreed with Risen. Now you are saying you have to START to sit at that table. So Wentz cant sit at the table? Am I correct?
Flacco was unreal in the playoffs. I'm not joking when I said that he has the best run ever for a QB in the playoffs lol

I mean, the Wentz thing goes like this. I think Wentz is ultra talented. I believe he was the MVP in 2017 before the injuries. The Eagles would have not been in that position without the play of Wentz throughout that 2017 season, in my opinion.

Wentz is at the kiddy table for being a major contributor to the teams success, but not being the actual guy that hoisted the trophy at the end, so although Wentz is allowed in the building for being a major contributor, Foles sits with the big boys eating steaks while Wentz gets mac and cheese with Jeff Hostetler.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
While the team overall is playing awesome there are parts, namely the defense, that are not awesome....remove Dak from the equation and the weak parts get exposed and thus the sum of the parts is greatly reduced

There's a great thread on defensive rankings that Hawkeye started which discusses how we are all over the board in defensive rankings and look better due to the turnover rate which is likely not sustainable.

Bottom line is Dak is the most crucial and best playing player on a team playing very well...take him away and the team doesn't win nearly at the rate it has and looks much worse....I will say,however, as you eluded to if you replaced with a Brady or Rodgers I think this team is playing at the same level.

The defense is improved but still middling, but is being covered by turnovers. You can argue against that all you want but statically that's what it is

Remove any starting QB from the equation of any team and you will see weak points.

Most of these teams are similar and take a nose dive without their QB.

Look at Tampa with Winston vs Brady. Packers would be about like the Giants without Rodgers. The Cardinals?

This whole league is QB driven. Dallas just happens to have a top 3 roster as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
wait, it was you who called Marino a loser.....now you are saying he was great...so can a loser be great....go ahead spin away

and here it comes, you live in my head rent free, I am obsessed with you, its your opinion your rules (in your own corner by yourself), you don't care about anybody else's opinion....you know the same routine
Yea , lets list all of the loser HOF QB’s like Marino, Fouts, Kelly, Tarkenton and Moon for starters.

That’s all that matters is winning when evaluating QB’s according to this yahoo from Wvirginia. Cause that’s how they do it up in the hills and coal mines . Lol

And why the intent of such a poster with Dak trolling history tendencies is blatantly obvious .

It’s all they have left to bash Dak with.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
OMG, what are you a 15 year old high school girl in love....'nuff with this emotion stuff. it seems to be a very important aspect of your life and your go to move when you lose an argument.....come up with something new...

now you lost the technicality argument and going with emotion thing....because you have nothing else to spin with

like I said, you got caught having dove head first into knee deep ********* of your own....
I'll come up with something new when you stop being emotional. If the shoe fits then wear it.

You're trying to be technical about the word winner and champion because you are weak and have nothing, but you can't resist speaking because, let's be real, you care a lot about my thoughts on things.

Every single time you do things like this you show just how much I really own you. Now, get a out pen and paper and get ready for my lunch order.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yea , lets list all of the loser HOF QB’s like Marino, Fouts, Kelly, Tarkenton and Moon for starters.

That’s all that matters is winning when evaluating QB’s according to this yahoo from Wvirginia. Cause that’s how they do it up in the hills and coal mines . Lol

And why the intent of such a poster with Dak trolling history tendencies is blatantly obvious .
Losing minds think alike.

This is so cute, really.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I used to think of Dak as "Russell Wilson Lite"

Dak has improved to the point where I consider him on Russell Wilsons level. It is bigger than "stats" with these 2 QBs. It's leadership, its clutchness, its toughness, it's off script playmaking, it's "do anything to win"

With that said...the Seahawks were TRUE Super Bowl threats when the defense was very good. Does not mean Russell Wilson was not great, it means that without a very good defense...you are asking Rusell/Dak to outscore people for 16 games + playoffs. Now during the regular season....you are not playing against elite teams and coaching staffs every week. So theoretically, you should get a "break" from time to time during the regular season. But that is not the case in the playoffs.

A couple of years ago, when we beat the Seahawks in the playoffs and lost to the Rams the following week. It was because we emptied our clip beating the Seahawks and had nothing left for the next game. The playoffs are a different animal. It is the best of the best. It is a war of attrition. I mean against the Rams, we let a guy get off his couch and gash us for over 100 yards.

Getting a healthy DeMarcus Lawrence back will help. Crossing my fingers that the secondary remains healthy and opportunistic, but they can be had. They at least have the personnel to force TOs. The LBers can absolutely be had and that will not get much better this year. When your hope is that the rookies "hold up"...that is a recipe for disaster during a playoff/Super Bowl run. This defense would not survive if it had to take out Stafford, Rodgers, Murray and Brady in no particular order.

Am I excited? Yes! Am I enjoying this year? Yes! Can you win with Dak? Yes! But do you remember when the Rams beat us in the playoffs a couple of years ago? Do you remember what Bellicheck did to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl that year? Do you think we could do that if that is what was necessary? Did not mean Brady was not good enough. We saw what he did years later in his first season with the Bucs . It simply meant the coaching and defense was NEEDED to beat the Rams that year...and if we needed to pivot and rely on coaching and defense...we could not.

Dallas doesn’t have to do what someone else did to win.

A lot of teams don’t play our style of football. Most teams, especially playoff teams, could care less about running the ball. Dallas wants balance. Most teams just want to be pass happy.

So someone else’s system like Seattle doesn’t mean Dallas needs to do that. Our offense is far better than theirs ever was.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Flacco was unreal in the playoffs. I'm not joking when I said that he has the best run ever for a QB in the playoffs lol

I mean, the Wentz thing goes like this. I think Wentz is ultra talented. I believe he was the MVP in 2017 before the injuries. The Eagles would have not been in that position without the play of Wentz throughout that 2017 season, in my opinion.

Wentz is at the kiddy table for being a major contributor to the teams success, but not being the actual guy that hoisted the trophy at the end, so although Wentz is allowed in the building for being a major contributor, Foles sits with the big boys eating steaks while Wentz gets mac and cheese with Jeff Hostetler.
HAHAHA thanks for the laugh brother I needed that today!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Right. Everyone’s a loser if they haven’t won a championship.

You’ve been forever exposed with intent here.

Let’s get Mountaineer on the HOF panel. No yellow jacket for you if you haven’t won a championship. Lol
Now you're getting it! You literally either win or you lose.

You can be a great player and have a HOF career, but not everyone can be a winner.

How can a player that's never won anything be called a winner? Only the participation trophy people believes everyone can be a winner.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is all Cowboy trolls have left. Our QB’s are losers cause they haven’t won a championship.
Spoken like a true participation trophy kid.

Everyone can't be winners, sport.

That's why they play the game. If everyone got a trophy at the end nobody would care.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah I never said they have any guarantees.

People just looking for excuses on our team as to why we can’t win is ridiculous and acting like our defense is awful because of some stat they read is awful.

Dallas is running away with some of these games quick while shutting opposing offenses down and making plays for the most part.

The problem is a game like Philadelphia looks bad when Hurts has 376 yards passing or whatever it was but was their pass game going to ever hurt us at any point? Like come on.
So NFL official stats are garbage now. Let me guess cause it doesn’t fit into your narrative. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Spoken like a true participation trophy kid.

Everyone can't be winners, sport.

That's why they play the game. If everyone got a trophy at the end nobody would care.
More evidence ..

31 teams and players are losers every year.

No red flags here. Lol
th

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
More evidence ..

31 teams and players are losers every year.

No red flags here. Lol
The 31 teams thing is false and just another example of you trying to twist things because you don't want to accept the truth. Your feels won't let you.

The Chiefs lost the Super Bowl last year, but Mahomes is not a loser. You know why? Because he has lead his to to a Super Bowl win before. There is no requirement that says you need to win the Super Bowl every year to be a winner. If Marinio would have won the Super Bowl in his 2nd year then it didn't matter what he would have done from then on out. Because he would have retired a winner.

You believe everyone should get a trophy at the end. If that's the case then why even play the game? This isn't a kids game, sport. Everyone don't get to be a winner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The 31 teams thing is false and just another example of you trying to twist things because you don't want to accept the truth. Your feels won't let you.

The Chiefs lost the Super Bowl last year, but Mahomes is not a loser. You know why? Because he has lead his to to a Super Bowl win before. There is no requirement that says you need to win the Super Bowl every year to be a winner. If Marinio would have won the Super in his 2nd year then it didn't matter what he would have done from then on out. Because he would have retired a winner.

You believe everyone should get a trophy at the end. If that's the case then why even play the game? This isn't a kids game, sport. Everyone don't get to be a winner.
Yea, we get your intent . Everyone’s a loser unless they’ve won a Super Bowl. Brilliant analysis. Lol