A harsh truth about Dak Prescott for some of you

Jstopper

Reaction score
Wait........wut?!?!

Dak's team was 1-3 last year when he was injured and lost for the year. (He was a watermelon kick against Atlanta from being 0-4). His team also finished 6-10.

By any measure......Dak had a losing record last season (AKA a losing season).

try again dude. He played 4 games that doesn’t count

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.

You've been patting yourself on the back here for years yet nothing you've predicted has been true and your after-the-fact "I told you sos" smell of someone desperate for validation.

Give it a rest already, Wile E. :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wait........wut?!?!

Dak's team was 1-3 last year when he was injured and lost for the year. (He was a watermelon kick against Atlanta from being 0-4). His team also finished 6-10.

By any measure......Dak had a losing record last season (AKA a losing season).
5 games is not a season. by definition.

and he was one catch away from being 3-1.....it goes both ways

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You've been patting yourself on the back here for years yet nothing you've predicted has been true and your after-the-fact "I told you sos" smell of someone desperate for validation.

Wow. If I’m seeking validation on this board I really need to find a more efficient path.

stiletto

Reaction score

looney-tunes-cut.gif

Aulac

Reaction score
Rams aren’t in our league, especially on offense.

Stafford is good, but he’s nowhere near the player the media and everyone else portrays him to be. I mean, the guy had Calvin Johnson and still took L after L, season after season.

He better than Dak though, or are you saying Dak would do as well as Stafford had done with his time in Detroit? You do realize that Stafford is #2 under pressure right, while Dak is average under pressure. Stafford also has a better arm, can make tight window throws, better at anticipation throw, and can bring his team back with less than 45 second to go, similar to Rodgers.

Aulac

Reaction score
I was right in the past and I’m wrong now. I did not think Dak had this level of football in him because he had never shown it.

Now performing against awful teams and disappearing for long stretches against good teams was always Dak. A game manager. He’s been more then that from the get go.

You’ve never seen Dak put this team on his shoulders with success like he did against Tampa so don’t act like I’m saying something controversial.

And he still has not, it just happen that our team this year is extremely stack and with an amazing running game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You're making things up as usual.

Nobody said that Dilfer was the better QB. I simply said that Dilfer sits at the champions table and Romo doesn't.

You have a bad habit of trying to twist things to try and fit your narrative. You know I'm right, but you can't admit it, so you try and change what was said just so you avoid the truth. It's an old and tired tactic, but that stuff don't work on me, so save it, because I'll call ya out on it real quick.
Keep posting bro!!! Pure gold :lmao:

Aulac

Reaction score
You are proving my point. Sure, Dak isn't as good as Rodgers. But Rodgers is a Hall of Famer that one could argue is one of the dozen best QBs to ever play in the NFL. So you are making an unfair comparison here. I mean sure, if we had Brady or Rodgers we'd be in better shape for a SB run. So would 29 other teams in the NFL (well maybe not KC as Mahomes is a stud too).

Further, so what if McCarthy has won a SB with Rodgers? He also pumped out a lot of really mediocre seasons with Rodgers too. In fact, it's one of the reasons why he was eventually fired and why people questioned his hire here............. that he should have won way more than he did in GB considering he had one of the greatest QBs in NFL history over his time there.

You are just looking for more bizarre reasons to push your belief Dak isn't good enough.

You must have been away from from this sub in the last two weeks. Plenty of posters here have said Dak is better than Mahomes.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
He’s a first ballot Hall of Famer and in conversation for greatest of all time. Dude had like 2000 yards receiving and a perennial all pro.

Not quite sure how much of a “world beater” you can be than that
You are missing the point. Nobody is arguing Johnson wasnt good, he was. The point is johnson wasnt good enough to carry a bad lions team on his back as it is with most great skill position players. You have to have some support around that player such as decent #2 WR running game and Good QB. Johnson never had support around him which is why he was a wasted talent. Yes he is a HOFer but he wasnt a world beater that could just lift up a whole team and carry it on his back by himself. You are talking as if he was that kind of player and he wasnt. In fact i dont believe many players like that exists without a good support team around them.

Look at someone like DHOP and Adams. If the dont have decent support around them like they have their talent cant do nothing for the cardinals or packers etc. And i do believe those two will be HOFers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really must be a sad pos to post that to someone because you don’t agree with their football opinion.

Don’t dare lecture anyone about their postings after starting this thread. Be ashamed yourself.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're serious? My football opinion warrants people saying stuff like that?

I’m not condoning any of it.

Bad attitude from one person (you) brings bad attitude from the other person.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Accept personal responsibility for your part too.