CFZ A Possible Explanation of Why Dak Played Jekyll and Hyde (and Hope I Find)

khiladi

Reaction score
Oooh, poor little pathetic hatred of yours can't handle the truth? Tough cookies. Go cry to someone who cares. I've been right all along. Kurt Warner did start off last season only criticizing Dak without criticizing other QBs or taking into account the lack of weapons around Dak or the putrid play calling/schemes/routes. I'm not the only one. So many fans got on him on YouTube early in the season until he started being more fair and honest with everything affecting. Even Mike Martz said more than half of Dak's interceptions were not Dak's fault. Martz even broke down Dak's playoff performance against the 49ers. Looks like it got you all triggered and bent out of shape. Tough cookies. Guess you can't handle the truth. Grown man with a child's delicate mind. BooHooHoo...DAK IS STILL YOUR QB. Deal with it.
:laugh: :facepalm:
LOL,,

You forgot that Kurt was doing film the season before, when he had Amari and you were crying about Kurt not knowing what he was talking about. He was doing the same thing this season.

The facts of the matter is Kurt NEVER supported what you claim he supports. You then tried to latch on the new narrative that he did when he criticized dons concepts of Moore.

When you finally had Martz breakdown, you acted like you won regarding your new narrative, but you didn’t. The fact Martz tried to blame Gallup for the INT, even though he acknowledge Dak shouldn’t have thrown it meaning that the most he could argue, even though it is wrong, is that Dak shouldn’t be called out for an INT, though the throw still sucked.

khiladi

Reaction score
Reality is Dak is in year 8…. He’s been a disaster for large parts of it, despite the best OL and RG in the league and an offense tailored to his “skill set”. If anybody actually looks at a season by season basis he has stretches of play where he’s arguably one of the worst players on the field.. it happens year in and out..

The blow out games are generally ones in which you can tell Moore is like 5 steps ahead of the DC, where the defense has to play both run and pass. When the game slows down, you get pick 6 Dak or conservative shell..

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Bipolar QBs don't win super bowls no matter how you try to justify it. It's not going to happen.
Thank You! Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot's problem wasn't his weapons, it's his inability to read the field correctly. Too many times he's force feeding his target rather than look for an open option. Once WENTZ 2.0 has been pressured, he doesn't have the ability to move on from that.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Dude every time we play a real good team he folds. Look at the past 2 playoff games against SF. Here first play of real last drive of the game and this is what he does.......

End of story. Game over.

That second down play at 2:56 was awful. Gallup had a full step+. Dak was able to step up and made an awful underthrow. Damn.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL,,

You forgot that Kurt was doing film the season before, when he had Amari and you were crying about Kurt not knowing what he was talking about. He was doing the same thing this season.

The facts of the matter is Kurt NEVER supported what you claim he supports. You then tried to latch on the new narrative that he did when he criticized dons concepts of Moore.

When you finally had Martz breakdown, you acted like you won regarding your new narrative, but you didn’t. The fact Martz tried to blame Gallup for the INT, even though he acknowledge Dak shouldn’t have thrown it meaning that the most he could argue, even though it is wrong, is that Dak shouldn’t be called out for an INT, though the throw still sucked.
WTH are you whining about? Bunch of lies as usual! I hardly disagreed with Kurt Warner during the several Cowboys games he broke down during the 2021 season because he was right! Everything I would say was wrong with the team and needed to be replaced (the Oline coach, the O-Coordinator's schemes and playcalling, certain players poor performances, including Amari Cooper not being worth paid $20+ million for his taking plays/series off, etc) all has come true. They have all been cut, traded or let go. I HAVE BEEN PROVEN RIGHT WITH THE ACTIONS FROM THIS FRONT OFFICE, and it is eating you up alive because it proves you are totally clueless!!! You don't know what you are talking about! Nothing but a whiny, sorelosing, sour poster who makes up lies.
:lmao: :laugh: :lmao: :laugh: :lmao:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That second down play at 2:56 was awful. Gallup had a full step+. Dak was able to step up and made an awful underthrow. Damn.
You forgot to mention how Tyron Smith was bullrushed right into Dak's throwing arm and space, obviously affecting his throw.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you think about it, since Dak has been with the Cowboys they're 2-1 in playoff games where I think we had the better team. They're 0-3 when Dallas didn't have the better team. Something like this is probably true for a lot of teams that don't have a QB like Mahomes or Rodgers.

T-RO

Reaction score
Reality is Dak is in year 8…. He’s been a disaster for large parts of it
You have some strong moments here, khiladi, some great posts. If you say wanna say Dak isn't top six NFL QB, or top twelve...ok...I'm ready to listen and might agree. But with this nonsense your toilet is overflowing, and it stinks hard. Please clean up the mess, as if you keep piping this...I'll begin to wonder why I often value your posts.

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Breakdown

Good_Dak_Bad_Dak_target.png
If Dak threw to Ferguson every play last year he wouldn't have throw an incompletion all year!!!!

Jarntt

Reaction score
You have some strong moments here, khiladi, some great posts. If you say wanna say Dak isn't top six NFL QB, or top twelve...ok...I'm ready to listen and might agree. But with this nonsense your toilet is overflowing, and it stinks hard. Please clean up the mess, as if you keep piping this...I'll begin to wonder why I often value your posts.
Totally agree with this. Dak is absolutely not top 6. Is he top 12? I don't know if I put him in the top 12 or not, but even if he isn't in it he is in the ball park IMHO. To say he has been a disaster for most or I guess the comment was large parts of his career is ridiculous in how I personally define large parts. Clearly he has had some really bad spurts and clearly he needs to be better than last year overall, but I wouldn't allude to it in a way that reads as most of his career if that's what he meant. If he just meant he is inconsistent, I'll agree. Dak has definitely had a lot of really good spurts as well for this team.

My issue with Dak is more we've seen it for 7 years (and 9 by the end if his contract) and it hasn't worked out overall for this team and with this team's other flaws. I'm not giving him $50M per year to do it for 4 more years unless I see a $50M QB the next two years on the field. I'm not making that decision yet as I'm on the fence and If he does play like it the next 2 years, I'm all in with Dak. If he doesn't, I'm moving on and hoping another strategy works better. I'm 100% not saying our lack of success is because of Dak, so don't read it as that. I'm just saying IMO we need to try a different route than giving over 20% of our cap to him IF he doesn't play better. The SB winning QB was close to the highest paid player in the NFL but Mahomes is truly elite. The other final 4 QBs were all low salary QBs. In a cap world salary is a huge part of the picture when putting the best team on the field and I think many of the teams in the league would be better off if they didn't pay their QBs $40M to $50M per. Another example for illustration is: I love CeeDee, but if he wanted $35M per year I'd have to move on without him to construct the best roster. Just my 2 cents...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Totally agree with this. Dak is absolutely not top 6. Is he top 12? I don't know if I put him in the top 12 or not, but even if he isn't in it he is in the ball park IMHO. To say he has been a disaster for most or I guess the comment was large parts of his career is ridiculous in how I personally define large parts. Clearly he has had some really bad spurts and clearly he needs to be better than last year overall, but I wouldn't allude to it in a way that reads as most of his career if that's what he meant. If he just meant he is inconsistent, I'll agree. Dak has definitely had a lot of really good spurts as well for this team.

My issue with Dak is more we've seen it for 7 years (and 9 by the end if his contract) and it hasn't worked out overall for this team and with this team's other flaws. I'm not giving him $50M per year to do it for 4 more years unless I see a $50M QB the next two years on the field. I'm not making that decision yet as I'm on the fence and If he does play like it the next 2 years, I'm all in with Dak. If he doesn't, I'm moving on and hoping another strategy works better. I'm 100% not saying our lack of success is because of Dak, so don't read it as that. I'm just saying IMO we need to try a different route than giving over 20% of our cap to him IF he doesn't play better. The SB winning QB was close to the highest paid player in the NFL but Mahomes is truly elite. The other final 4 QBs were all low salary QBs. In a cap world salary is a huge part of the picture when putting the best team on the field and I think many of the teams in the league would be better off if they didn't pay their QBs $40M to $50M per. Another example for illustration is: I love CeeDee, but if he wanted $35M per year I'd have to move on without him to construct the best roster. Just my 2 cents...
100% unequivocally top 10..so 6-10 pick a spot. so theres mahomes and everyone else.. daks in the mix

fivetwos

Reaction score
Bipolar QBs don't win super bowls no matter how you try to justify it. It's not going to happen.
As a fan I refuse to convince myself that it’s not possible, but it is difficult to imagine him playing well for four straight games against the best of the league, and on the road.

Obviously the one seed is the easiest path to the SB for any team, but it may be a requirement in our case for it to happen.

Win two home games then at least you’re in the final. That’s doable. Three on the road after we closed with 3/4 on the road? Not gonna work out.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Impossible to say anything from these stats. For example, it could be such that CeeDee was more open more times and Dak hit him more. Other times he went to a lesser player, who may or may not have been open and his accuracy was off or the player simply wasn’t open.

Such stats seem to be looking to analyze things with different controlled variables which makes them kind of useless.

To really judge a QB, you have to see if he makes the right decisions based on the play available and the defense given/reaction/play and see if he delivered the ball accurately enough and to the right guy, or if he can be excused for something that didn’t work out, e.g., receiver dropped the pass, offensive lineman failed to block, defense made a great play, etc.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You forgot to mention how Tyron Smith was bullrushed right into Dak's throwing arm and space, obviously affecting his throw.
SO you are saying Dak does not have good pocket presence? To see that and move away a little bit?

Just respectfully asking.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
SO you are saying Dak does not have good pocket presence? To see that and move away a little bit?

Just respectfully asking.
Did you watch the tape or are you blind?

Dak actually did feel the pressure immediately caving in from his right side, hence the All-22 tape shows Dak sliding to his left but even that wasn't enough to give him enough room and time to find and throw accurately to Gallup. Put your Dak hatred away and quit sounding ignorant.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak actually did feel the pressure immediately caving in from his right side, hence the All-22 tape shows Dak sliding to his left but even that wasn't enough to give him enough room and time to find and throw accurately to Gallup. Put your Dak hatred away and quit sounding ignorant.

No I didn't watch the tape. Do we want to just start out with insults? We can't work our way toward them civilly? :)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

OK...I did just watch the tape. I think that is a play Dak should eat the ball. It's just my opinion no need to go on full out attack. (which is against forum rules, btw).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No I didn't watch the tape. Do we want to just start out with insults? We can't work our way toward them civilly? :)
Ok, my apologies. Just tired of the many who constantly criticize or blame Dak for certain bad plays without carefully watching video. Trust me, I'm there criticizing Dak when he screws up a play, but that bad throw was not on him. When his Oline can't even give him 3 full seconds to at least get past his 1st progression, that's the Oline's fault no matter what happens on that play. I'm so glad Joe Philbin is finally gone. Hope Mike Solari does a much better job with this Oline.