A question regarding Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Blitzen, Feb 23, 2020.

1. charron

charron Well-Known Member

5,474 Messages
    5,845 Likes Received
    I would be surprised if it did not improve.

2. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,312 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    Predictability in today's NFL is a recipe for failure no matter how good of a motivational speaker you are.

catiii, 408Cowboy and stasheroo like this.
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

61,025 Messages
    67,038 Likes Received
    :hammer:

:lmao:

:thumbup:

JayFord likes this.
  4. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

3,797 Messages
    2,262 Likes Received
    The QB fits his scheme better than Dak did. They will improve. If they get their D worked out to even average to a little better than average, they will be in the hunt for the Division title next year.

5. CowboyFanInLexKy

CowboyFanInLexKy Well-Known Member

531 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised. I think Garrett was a great OC. He just sucked at being a HC. I saw that from day 1.

6. stasheroo

61,025 Messages
    67,038 Likes Received
    I never thought he was any 'great OC' either. A pass happy coordinator that had to have a running game babysitter holding his hand, who ultimately had his playcalling duties stripped from him.

catiii, JayFord and 408Cowboy like this.
  7. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

11,059 Messages
    6,532 Likes Received
    the cowboy giant games will be more interesting now :clap::popcorn:

GMO415 likes this.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

78,689 Messages
    50,563 Likes Received
    I think Jason is challenging your post stash!

[​IMG]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

408Cowboy, GMO415 and stasheroo like this.
  9. stasheroo

61,025 Messages
    67,038 Likes Received
    One of the few times I liked the guy and he showed some balls!
    :laugh:

10. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,852 Messages
    2,009 Likes Received
    He learned that playing his Take 4 Wild Card in Uno.

408Cowboy likes this.
  11. MCMetal69

MCMetal69 Well-Known Member

2,246 Messages
    3,027 Likes Received
    The clapping level will increase exponentially in NY......................

12. doomsday808

doomsday808 Well-Known Member

275 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    He'll have a good first year. Teams will soon figure out his schemes, and defenses will start to call out plays at the line. What will surprise me is if JG is successful at adjusting from opponent to opponent and from Situation to situation.

GMO415 likes this.
  13. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    5,031 Likes Received
    Garrett once again goes to a pretty good situation with a quality young QB and one of the best RBs in football. I honestly think his horrendous clock management will become an issue for them unless Judge isn't a complete moron and has Garrett on a short leash.

14. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

8,983 Messages
    15,370 Likes Received
    Sure. Run heavy offense

15. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Well-Known Member

1,117 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    We talking about Garrett or Mccarthy?

16. Blitzen

Blitzen Well-Known Member

375 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    You mean "they" were that record. The team did not perform well. Again, I have not been wowed by Garrett. Being meh at your job does not mean you bring nothing to the table. Just means you are not elite. No clue why so many think that the Cowboys is so loaded that any clown could accomplish what Garrett did by coming in and just clapping.

17. Blitzen

Blitzen Well-Known Member

375 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    My hypothetical was to bring out the bias from so many. There is this weird hatred for a guy who was pretty meh at his position. He had some very successful seasons as offensive coordinator and head coach. He had a hand in those successes (and more than showing up and clapping). Could be that his constant mantra keeps his guys dialed in to the execution of simple football principles.

This isn't about being right. Realize that if the hypothetical I propose happens, many here will give zero credit to the guy. It goes back to the ridiculous assessment skills people apply to the team. Let's say the Cowboys go 8-8 this coming season. How much blame does the coaching staff get, players get, front office get? For many here, it depends on their personal bias and whatever agenda they are pushing.

ondaedg likes this.
  18. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,610 Messages
    5,993 Likes Received
    2013 against the Matt Flynn led Packers we blew a 23 point halftime lead because Garrett went away from the run and got pass happy. Again. Rewatch that game and the Atlanta game where Garrett looked on in disbelief as Dak got pummeled.

There's plenty of evidence showing he doesn't known how to use his players at all.

irving, dreghorn2 and JayFord like this.
  19. stasheroo

61,025 Messages
    67,038 Likes Received
    And would be that he was the longest tenured coach in this team's history that never accomplished anything. Your assessment sounds like the requirements for a participation trophy.

Two huge assumptions at play there. But yet you want to base your entire argument on them.

I think some of your assessments in this thread are pretty ridiculous too. Garrett's tenure as head coach was a failure. No amount of sugar coating or deflection will ever change that.

408Cowboy likes this.
  20. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

4,383 Messages
    3,369 Likes Received
    No more Garrett threads in the Fan Zone please??? He is the Gnats problem now. Let them figure it out the hard way.

catiii likes this.