A reminder that Dak can play QB

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Lay off the drugs dude. If you ever even watched a game you'd know the Romo picks were a myth. Try researching the drivel you are pushing first. Romo has half as many picks as most all the "greats". Enjoy Dak while he's here. My guess is you'll grow tired of him by Nov 2018.
I just want some of the stuff you are on.

If you ever watched Staubach and Aikman you would know greatness. Danny White was better than Romo also. Yeah, I am thankful the misery Romo delivered every season is over. I was excited when he took over. But after few season of zero championships and zero SuperBowls I knew he was the problem. I wanted him to be great but he wasn't. I appreciate his effort but I am thankful for Dak.

Every day

starcity214

Reaction score

If you ever watched Staubach and Aikman you would know greatness. Danny White was better than Romo also. Yeah, I am thankful the misery Romo delivered every season is over. I was excited when he took over. But after few season of zero championships and zero SuperBowls I knew he was the problem. I wanted him to be great but he wasn't. I appreciate his effort but I am thankful for Dak

As I said, the slobberers love to hate Romo.

Romo is gone.. if Dak stinks up the joint next season, he should be gone also.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Some of you have convinced yourselves that Dak is just an awful QB.
No matter what you post. Hater's are gonna hate.
Myself, I couldn't be more happier on having this young man as our QB. He's tough and can run like a deer without any fear.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What happens if a franchise QB falls to us during the draft?

Every QB in this draft has major question marks. I would say no to a first rounder this year.

If Dak struggles this upcoming season, then go for it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Respectfully as in not stacking the box to stop them. As for his arm, it would help if the recievers could run a route and get open.

I will respectfully disagree. According to the NFL Next Gen stats, Alfred Morris ran against a stacked box at a higher percentage of his runs (~38%) compared to Zeke (~35%).

I was surprised there were so many RBs in the league that faced stacked boxes more than Zeke.

Below is the link:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

If you ever watched Staubach and Aikman you would know greatness. Danny White was better than Romo also. Yeah, I am thankful the misery Romo delivered every season is over. I was excited when he took over. But after few season of zero championships and zero SuperBowls I knew he was the problem. I wanted him to be great but he wasn't. I appreciate his effort but I am thankful for Dak.

Every day

It’s all Romos fault. Lol

Never mind he had crap coaching and no Oline or defense for most of his career.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What happens if a franchise QB falls to us during the draft?

I would take a hard look at Josh Allen if he somehow falls to us.

I have no interest in Mayfield and I need to watch more of Darnold but him leaving school that early is a huge red flag.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score

I have no interest in Mayfield and I need to watch more of Darnold but him leaving school that early is a huge red flag.
Mason Rudolph and Luke Falk are 2 QBs that i would gamble on in the 2nd -3rd round range.

dfense

Reaction score

Could you imagine. Denver will be all over Allen at 7.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score

Every day

You're obviously not very bright. You're aware that Aikman himself said that Tony is a better QB than he ever was, right? I think he'd know better than you or I...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak has been the best pick by the 'Boys over the last five or so drafts. Going to be interesting to see how his long term projection will be. In just 2 seasons with Dak, the 'Boys have gone 13-3 and 9-7 and all it took was pick No. 135 to add him to the roster.

Year 3 will be a critical step in his development, but right now, Dak is the only answer to this question.

zerofill

Reaction score
I wanted Garappolo 2 years ago... and when there was a chance to make a deal we didn't... That kid doesn't get rattled, and panic... he is going to be awesome. I just hope it doesn't turn into the 49ers and us in the playoffs, and I have to relive some bad memories lol.

Frankly, if Dak doesn't go to someone like Tom House during the off season... I don't see it happening. He needs college separation, and he isn't going to get that consistently in the NFL. No matter how many times people tried to say, nothing bothers him, he isn't bothered by things, when he is out there... it is bull. He worries about turning the ball over, waits to long to let go of the ball, and then it is behind receivers, it sails over their heads, or the defender is back on them.

I like the kid, I just think he is a great backup.

You can't compare him to Wentz, etc... because there really is no comparison. Wentz is not afraid to trust his first instincts when letting the ball go. Dak doesn't trust himself in that way.

People that look at stats and want to do the comparison that way, are just wrong.

Now, when Dak is out of the pocket, trying to make something happen, and he has no time to second guess himself... he is often far more accurate.

I really don't see him as a pocket QB.
  • He does not look comfortable in the pocket.
  • He often won't step up into the pocket.
  • He can not sense pressure.
  • He doesn't trust his instincts.
  • He he has balls sail on him from the pocket, when the pocket is collapsing.
I truly like the kid... but a Romo, Wentz type QB, that can extend plays, and still be accurate, he is not. He might be accurate all day long on those 10 yard and under passes, but defenses have taken that away. He doesn't have the accuracy to put it only where the receiver can make a play on it. People that constantly want to blame everything but Dak... you have to see his accuracy issues. There is just no way to miss them.

Look at Brady... 80% of his passes are the short ones, like Dak threw his first year. But, Brady can put it, where only his receiver has a chance of catching it. He also has the touch... he can drill it when it needs to be drilled, and knows not to drill it when he shouldn't. That touch isn't something he learned in the NFL. He had that at the high school, and college levels. That was already in place. Dak does not seem to have that touch. You can't throw a ball at 70 miles an hour, that the receiver has to jump for. Look at highlights of Romo, when he was throwing jump balls to Dez. They aren't drilled at 100 miles an hour. You can't make a play on throws like that.

I never liked Russell Wilson (as a QB) that much either. Wilson is probably the closest you can find to compare Dak to. So if Dak takes the same path as Wilson, I really don't want to wait 6 or 7 years for him to find what Wilson found this year, as far as the passing game.

By then, half the team will already be gone, and we will be in a rebuild process again.

• Dak has the physical traits.
  • Dak has the running ability.
  • Dak can take a pounding I think.
  • He is a stand up guy, that I don't think will be suspended.

But, I really want to have a backup plan already in place. If he is sucking the first few games again, I want to be able to pull him, and try something else. I don't believe that something else is Rush. I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.

People want to blame it on the receivers constantly... I truly don't believe he could even connect with Hopkins. I don't think Hill on the go route would work either. Because I don't think he can accurately throw the bombs.

As far as Dez goes... He never could run a route, he never could get separation, without being physical. The windows for throws to Dez are very small... I don't think Dez has changed at all. I think he is the same Dez he has always been. Dak & Dez's playing styles are just not a mesh. They probably never will be... because you are going to have to put the ball exactly where Dez needs it to be, or it just ain't gonna happen.

Like my sig says... Romo made Dez...

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Dak has been the best pick by the 'Boys over the last five or so drafts. The jury is still out on his long-term projection, but in 2 seasons with Dak, the 'Boys have gone 13-3 and 9-7 and all it took was pick No. 135 to add him to the roster.

Year 3will be a critical step in his development, but right now, Dak is the only answer to this question.

The best pick in 4 or 5 years? Elliot. Woods. Frederick. Wilcox. Martin. Lawrence. Hitchens. Jaylon (if he keeps improving). Awuzie.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Everyone I mentioned was a draft pick in the timeframe you mentioned. I'd say most if not all are equal to or better than Dak as prospects and players.
Different positions, different coaches. Wilson needed to go after Dak's performance this past season. He's young and needs good coaching. Even though I think Romo would of been ideal for the position, Moore may just surprise us.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I will respectfully disagree. According to the NFL Next Gen stats, Alfred Morris ran against a stacked box at a higher percentage of his runs (~38%) compared to Zeke (~35%).

I was surprised there were so many RBs in the league that faced stacked boxes more than Zeke.

Below is the link:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

Why in the world would defenses stack the box for Alfred Morris? Makes no sense.