A star is born this season with Trey Lance

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not a hater if Dak. Itvis the extreme lengths and verbal wrangling Dak Fans Boys go to is what makes me appear as such

You and your broke squirm so much on every argument and issue you force common sensed people to appear as extremist
More like lacking common sense. Now that's extremist.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do not believe for one minute that we go into the regular season with the current running back room configuration. No way. You as a front office approach every off season regardless of who you are with the goal of improving your team as much as humanly possible. You approach every day with the goal of improving, getting better, with the ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl. If not then you have no business being in ANY business let alone professional sports. UP,... or OUT. Every individual, group or team is going to go through a lot of adversity, its about responding to adversity, FINDING a way to win . Winning attitude is everything. If you dont have it than personally I wouldnt want to hire people like that to mop up at a taco stand . They are unfit for anything. Losers allow themselves to lose when they dont have to because it is easier. ANYONE can lose. Truth is,.. it is up to you to control your own destiny. With every new day you have a chance to totally remake your lifes trajectory and win. Think of how powerful that REALLY is. With every wake up you have a chance to totally remake your situation FOR THE BETTER. A brand new start every damn day. No more talk. They either need to simply do it,...or join the ranks of those happy to be losers,.........if they havent already.
mr Hayseed---- i want to follow you line of reasoning because to me it is good......but.......do you remember 2018??....Jerry thought we were so good we could go

into the season with only scrubs for WR's?....our first 8 games....3-5...then we got Cooper last 8 games...7-1....so Jerry to me is one of the worst GM's in NFL

I mean it was great the comeback and even winning our first wild card against Seahawks....and Gallup got a lot better as a rookie that year with Cooper too

But Jerry i dont think can separate turning 140 million into 8+ billion....his strategy for Marketing is great...but his strategy for building consistent winner no sir

not good

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wishful thinking doesn't cost anything, but conversely, enjoying change is dependent upon making the right choices.
It's nonsense to assume that everything is working out ideally, when the results are yet to be proven! Get real. :grin:

Trey Lance will be afforded the opportunity to prove that he's the best QB on our roster. He hasn't done that, as yet!

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure exactly what to expect with Trey Lance in the days ahead. A QB's development is an issue that calls for proof. :grin:
I, for one, won't blindly assume that what Lance was in the past is a sure indication that he won't get it done with Dallas. We shall see!:huh:

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Is the team going to struggle or not? That is what I keep hearing. Are you one of those who keep making this claim? I ask because I am mot exactly sure who has specifically, but it seems almost unanimous. If this team struggles Dak's stats all go out the window. If the team struggles Dak will play like Hot Garbage. If Dak plays like Hot Garbage with no extension

Why will Lance not play, considering the draft capital spent and the need to know of they should invest in Him

The writing is on the wall
I hope you are right. I think this team will struggle. Can’t count on 5 wins out of the NFCE. First place schedule. It will be tough even if the team is better and I don’t think it is. My issue is we have seen a thing out of Lance. Not one thing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not a hater if Dak. Itvis the extreme lengths and verbal wrangling Dak Fans Boys go to is what makes me appear as such

You and your broke squirm so much on every argument and issue you force common sensed people to appear as extremist
you need to take your head out of Lance's rear and take a breath before you comment so much. just put your hands around the cheeks. push hard and POP!....now breath.

I guess we are going to call you a Lance Fanatic? or Lance Lover? or Trancer?
haven't settled on a label yet LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure exactly what to expect with Trey Lance in the days ahead. A QB's development is an issue that calls for proof. :grin:
I, for one, won't blindly assume that what Lance was in the past is a sure indication that he won't get it done with Dallas. We shall see!:huh:
true, but if no one had ever seen him, there would be more hope. but there is evidence based on his play, albeit limited that he is actually not very good.so his best case scenario is that he is not elite and may never be elite. he may just be average, which is exactly what everyone complains about, average QB play..... so there is less hope.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be concerned about Dak’s extension but will the Cowboys try to extend Lance like the Packers did Jordan Love. That will tell you everything if he is or is not extended.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
i will go with the consensus that this team will struggle as the foundation of my prediction

I believe this team still has the talent to win games. Playoffs should be a guarantee. In this watered down NFL. I do not believe they are hot garbage.

Having said that I believe they will struggle until Dak is replaced. There will be no more coddling from Dak's biggest fan, and that is saying something, Jerry. It is swim or sink for Dak but not for the Cowboys

Lance will eventually be given the reigns. He will salvage the season and the Cowboys will eek into the Playoffs and win a game or too and . . .

A Star will be born

I cannot wait for this season to start. It will be like a breath of fresh air
I disliked Dak, was always one of his biggest detractors on this forum. But if you think Dak was coddled last year, you are out in left field.

Well if it was coddling that actually got him 2nd in MVP voting last year.... im all for it. Coddle the hell out of him Big Mike.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
true, but if no one had ever seen him, there would be more hope. but there is evidence based on his play, albeit limited that he is actually not very good.so his best case scenario is that he is not elite and may never be elite. he may just be average, which is exactly what everyone complains about, average QB play..... so there is less hope.
Yup! I'll be danged if I don't make it a point to keep that in mind! There are those who swear he's not all that, as much as I'd like to see otherwise!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It has gotten that bad, that such a prediction is on a guy that hasn't touched the field yet for us, or for so long.
not only that, he stunk when he did play with the niners. He was atrocious in his last pre-season game with the niners and IMO is why they shipped him.

im from norcal and watched that game... he was awful, and yet we have so many in here begging for him to start.

Well Fields, Zach Wilson were also very high draft picks. You want them starting in here also?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Seems like there are some Cowboys fans who are both in the camp of wanting the Cowboys to draft a QB in the first round to replace Dak. While also believing in the theory that Trey Lance can turn on a switch to become a very good to great QB for the Cowboys. Which is why I ask the question why do they want Jerry to draft a QB in the first round next season, if they truly think Lance is going to propel himself into a star NFL QB and turn take the Cowboys to the NFCCG and Super Bowl.
Trey Lance was the luckiest NFL player when JJ came knocking with a 4th rd pick to obtain him. Had that not happened there vas a very good chance that TL would have ended up on some team's practice squad for the reminder of his career because his not good enough to be on a team's 53 man roster. He probably would have floated around the league for a couple of more years before he would have called it quits. But JJ gave him a lifeline because he thinks he can fix everything that is wrong with the kid's QB skills and in the long run it's not going to happen. Prescot is not the answer anymore in Dallas, but if these two actually competed for a starting job in the NFL, Prescot could beat this kid out using his left arm, that's how bad TL's game is.....................

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You are hugely mistaken. Lance was let go because of Politics. Not His play on the field. San Fran Fans love him
The fan's love him????????????????? That's all it takes to be a starter in the NFL???????LOL!!!!!! Give it a rest, politics had nothing to do with TL getting his walking papers. What got him canned in SF was his inabilities as a NFL QB and he couldn't stay healthy enough to battle for a SECOND STRING JOB in SF. There's a great reason why NOBODY would give a draft pick to the 9ers for TL, because all the smart GMs in the league know that TL is a bust and when JJ came knocking with a 4th rd pick the 9ers dropped to their knees and thanked GOD that there is a sucker born every 30 seconds and that sucker is JJ who thinks he's some great QB whisper.....................LOL! If TL is all that, then why is Rush still employed by the Cowboys????? This kid can't even beat out Rush and that's saying something about a kid who is suppose to be the starting Cowboy QB according to YOU!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
0ICz9IE.gif