A strange atmosphere for Thursday night's game

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Popular consensus thinks McDonalds Hamburgers are edible and the Walking Dead as one of the most watchable shows on tv. Popular consensus isn't a measure of what's smart.

At the end of the day, you're Cowboys fans, cheering against the Cowboys. And for the Commanders. However it's rationalized, there's no coming back from that.

Agreed

The walking dead is really bad.

Almost as bad as game of thrones.

(Ducks behind the couch)

bysbox1

Reaction score
My daughter bought me two tickets to the game back early in the year, so I'm going for her sake. Otherwise, I would not go, even though I've not yet been to ATT Stadium. In years past, I would have been giddy at the prospect of going to a game there, but Goodell/owners have taken what was once a good product and turned it into a **** sandwich. It's kind of hard to wrap my head around the thought, but I actually dread the trip...

I've been to AT&T stadium twice. I don't like it at all. Too much of a circus show. It teels like Cirque de Soleil . . .

rags747

Reaction score
Do they still have the Go Go dancers, have not seen them in awhile. I think we loose this game, Cousins is a pretty good QB too. Dak needs a 100+ QB rating Thursday to turn the narrative around somewhat, if he falls on his face this board will be in total nuclear meltdown mode.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I've been to AT&T stadium twice. I don't like it at all. Too much of a circus show. It teels like Cirque de Soleil . . .
That's kind of what I expect...guess I'll find out first hand.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
^^^THIS^^^

And all this Horse Hockey of rooting for another team to win vs the Cowboys is just that...Horse Hockey.

Frankly I find the idea of rooting for another team Sickening and I don't care what others think about it.

If you have to root against the team you claim to follow, if you find pleasure in your team losing, if you really want another team to win against the Cowboys...than frankly you are not a fan of the Cowboys IMO no matter how you try to justify your stance.

Like it, Don't like it...up to you.

But I will not find pleasure in my team losing.
I will not root for my team to lose.
I will not cheer on another team to beat my team.
I will not hope a player on my team fails and hurts the team even if I don't like said player.

If you feel the need to try and justify to me that you are a good or great fan by wanting our team to lose no matter the reason...save it. Don't want to hear it and not going to by the bs you are trying to pass on.

Nope.
I hope this team gets better, players, coaches and over records and superbowls.

However I will never hope this team loses and especially doing so with a smile on my face to prove some idiotic point.

If that is what you have to do to sell it to yourself...so be it. I say...Horse Hockey.

Well then I’m an idiot and a not fan according to you. Despite 30 years and thousands of dollars I’ve spent, and will in the future until I die. I’ll make the case that some people are selfish for a win even when it will hurt us. You can have your 8-8 I’ll take my 5-11 and see which outcome helps my beloved team more.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm not too big on checking fan cards or having some imaginary litmus test to prove that somebody is "a real fan".

If you think a win against the Skins is in the best interest of the team long term, cool.
If you think a loss against the Skins is in the best interest of the team long term, cool.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well then I’m an idiot and a not fan according to you. Despite 30 years and thousands of dollars I’ve spent, and will in the future until I die. I’ll make the case that some people are selfish for a win even when it will hurt us. You can have your 8-8 I’ll take my 5-11 and see which outcome helps my beloved team more.

Bro, we are in total agreement!
I started threads on the issue after the Atlanta game, and you can guess what happened.
I dont understand what is the big deal when even baseball teams do it:

Forget the Underdog Label—the Astros Got to the World Series by Tanking
Houston and its data-driven front office have been commended throughout 2017 for just how exceptional the ballclub has been: Astros hitters finished second in the American League in homeruns but last in strikeouts. They also led the league in batting average, with 19 points between them and second-place Cleveland. (Altuve, who hit .346 with 24 homers, deserves the league MVP award.) They were one game back of the Indians for the AL’s best record—101–61 in 2017, from 51–111 in 2013. That’s some turnaround.
But those of us with intact memories cannot forget why exactly the Astros were in such a bad place four seasons ago: They tanked. They fielded a team with a $22 million payroll, by far the lowest in baseball, with a 34-year-old Erik Bedard the only player earning more than $1 million. They had been hardly better in 2012 (55–107) and would still be wretched in 2014 (70-92), the year Sports Illustrated declared them impending champs in 2017.

The Astros Tanked Their Way To The Top
Just like last year’s Cubs. Is this the new blueprint for every baseball loser?

How the Astros pulled off the biggest tank in MLB history and built a World Series champion
The Astros' success began with an unprecedented tanking operation. The team's brain trust built two of the worst teams in MLB history in their first years on the job. The result was a bushel of high draft picks and a farm system that produced many of their current players.

They Tanked Like the Sixers; Now the Astros Are MLB's Next Big Powerhouse
"Trust the process," goes the saying in Philadelphia. As painful as it is to watch the 76ers throw themselves into year after year of bad basketball, surely it will be for the greater good in the long run.
That's about as far as this baseball writer is qualified to remark on that. But what he can say is this: "Trust the process" should have originated with the Houston Astros.

Tipsheet: Astros finally reap reward for blatant tanking
The Houston Astros paid a heavy price for tanking multiple seasons.
During a four-year span, they finished 56-106, 55-107, 52-111 and 70-92 while general manager Jeff Luhnow traded veterans for prospects and "earned" great draft position. That sell-off allowed the franchise to operate with tiny payroll and a large profit margin, but it also took a toll on the franchise's fan base.

The 2016 Cubs are living proof that tanking works (and more teams should do it)

Tanking no more, the 76ers are embracing their own high expectations

waldoputty

Reaction score
Its all we got bro, its all we got.

Look, each fan needs to seriously ask the question, "Is Jason Garrett a good enough coach to get this team to the SuperBowl".

Now if you are Idgit, and I like Idgit for the record and I think he is a good guy, he obviously say yes. And if that is how he feels, I have no problem with that. However, if somebody else ask this question and comes to a "no" conclusion, then all we are doing is just wasting time and careers (see Tony Romo).

And if you are in the "no" camp, the only way to get rid of a head coach that cannot get the job done is by losing. I am sorry to say that, but its true. Losing games is the only way to get rid of Jason Garrett.

Now does this mean the next head coach will be any better if Jerry Jones is the one doing the hiring? Maybe yes, maybe no. However, I know what we got right now aint gonna win us jack so I might as well roll the dice and see if the next puppet Jerry hires can get the job done because this one cant.

great post. the most important question - "Is Jason Garrett a good enough coach to get this team to the SuperBowl"
nothing else should matter.

visionary

Reaction score

That's exactly what the Joneses want

A venue to make money with football a winning football team an afterthought

visionary

Reaction score
Nobody's saying you're less of a fan for rooting for the Commanders to beat the Cowboys. Only that it's a stupid thing to do and entirely against the point of rooting for a team in the first place. It's the Commanders you're talking about. Cowboys fans don't root for the Commanders to beat the Cowboys.

And since it's not the only path to getting what you say you want, you really should find another way. Root for the team to turn on the staff publicly if you have to. Root for Jason to lose it and attack Jerry in a press conference. Root for TMZ pics of Jason and Gene to surface. But don't root for the Eagles or Skins to beat the Cowboys on the field.

FAR stupider to support Garrett despite all the evidence that he is a horrible HC

I guess stupidity comes in different forms

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FAR stupider to support Garrett despite all the evidence that he is a horrible HC

I guess stupidity comes in different forms

It certainly does.

This isn't really a Garrett thread though anyway.

visionary

Reaction score
It certainly does.

This isn't really a Garrett thread though anyway.

It's not about McDonald hamburgers or walking dead but that didn't stop you from trying to hijack it

it is a Garrett thread because his complete failure and incompetence as a HC is the direct reason why the atmosphere at the Thursday game is strange and some Cowboy fans want the cowboys to lose

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not about McDonald hamburgers or walking dead but that didn't stop you from trying to hijack it

it is a Garrett thread because his complete failure and incompetence as a HC is the direct reason why the atmosphere at the Thursday game is strange and some Cowboy fans want the cowboys to lose

That's a bad argument, on all fronts.

If you have an opinion that's actually on-topic though, I'll play along.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's a sign of how twisted your priorities are if you're a Cowboys fan rooting for the Commanders to beat the Cowboys. Any convoluted logic to the contrary is nonsense.
Ya,it's THIS, plain and simple, as we've hated foes in sorely need of being smacked around once again,,,, er,,,,,

:starspin: GO COWBOYS:starspin:

* just cuz' some define what the big picture should illustrate, damn sure doesn't mean they know what's satisfyingo_O*

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya,it's THIS, plain and simple, as we've hated foes in sorely need of being smacked around once again,,,, er,,,,,

:starspin: GO COWBOYS:starspin:

* just cuz' some define what the big picture should illustrate, damn sure doesn't mean they know what's satisfyingo_O*

If they could guarantee the big picture impact, they'd at least have an argument. But I'm not sure we haven't done better in the middle of rounds than we have at the top of them recently. And those high picks either get big second contracts or you have to let them walk anyway the way we did with Mo.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For 60 minutes I could never root against the guys with the Stars on the helmet

However if we happen to lose I'm not going to feel as horrible as normal.

Section446

Reaction score
I've been saying for years, it's the worst football experience of any NFL stadium I've been to so far.