A Trade Down Mock

rash

Reaction score
sweet mock HOS.

Not a flashy draft by any means; but I will be happy if this was the way our draft went. HOS for GM!!!!!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3756978 said:
I think McElroy would make it as a backup. I like Cannon just fine, not as sold on Carter, but don't hate it.

Nu duh as the backup :laugh2:

But hes not beating out my guy McGee so its a wasted pick. Where some random DL would help churn a bit.

I think Carter wouldve been a top 20 pick had he been able to workout. He has the raw ability of a Patrick Willis.

To me, the perfect mid-round pick b/c of his and our circumstance

Plankton

Reaction score
Hostile;3756978 said:
I think McElroy would make it as a backup. I like Cannon just fine, not as sold on Carter, but don't hate it.

The front office would certainly be pulling for McElroy to make it - his dad works for the Cowboys.

Not a big fan of Reynolds or O'Dowd. The other picks are OK, but it will be interesting to see if Rodgers comes back for his senior season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Plankton;3757026 said:
The front office would certainly be pulling for McElroy to make it - his dad works for the Cowboys.

Not a big fan of Reynolds or O'Dowd. The other picks are OK, but it will be interesting to see if Rodgers comes back for his senior season.
I did not know that. What does he do?

Now I really like him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3757014 said:
Nu duh as the backup :laugh2:

But hes not beating out my guy McGee so its a wasted pick. Where some random DL would help churn a bit.

I think Carter wouldve been a top 20 pick had he been able to workout. He has the raw ability of a Patrick Willis.

To me, the perfect mid-round pick b/c of his and our circumstance
I was not aware I had to conform to your opinions. Please forgive me, because I will continue to do exactly what I feel is correct even if it disagrees with you.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3756924 said:
I do not care if you don't believe it, but if you would really like to push the issue let's put some money on whether or not I'd pass a lie detector test asking me if I knew about the brothers. Put your money where your mouth is if you really have the nads to keep insisting I had no idea

Ah yes, the pseudo bravado that can only be found on a message board.

So tell me, how do we arrange this lie detector test? Do I fly out to you, or do want to meet halfway at a predetermined location? How much time should I take off of work? Send me a message of some private investigators that I can review and we can later agree on. Should I rent a car or will you come pick me up at the airport?

It would not be the first time I have been wrong. Please show me a link, because when I looked it up I found Punt Returns but not Kick Returns. I have no problem being wrong. Everyone is now and then.

No truer words have ever been spoken by you.

Here's your link: http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/player/663/1003417/kickreturn/split.html

Gotta love it when someone comes out firing hard ("....McCann NEVER returned kicks in college...") only to have it crushed right up the middle, lol.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
realtick;3757047 said:
Ah yes, the pseudo bravado that can only be found on a message board.

So tell me, how do we arrange this lie detector test? Do I fly out to you, or do want to meet halfway at a predetermined location? How much time should I take off of work? Send me a message of some private investigators that I can review and we can later agree on. Should I rent a car or will you come pick me up at the airport?
Well, first you've got to put your money where your mouth is and name the price we are betting on. Until I know how much money I stand to make from this and who is going to hold the money from you and from me, it is a moot point.

No truer words have ever been spoken by you.

Here's your link: http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/player/663/1003417/kickreturn/split.html

Gotta love it when someone comes out firing hard ("....McCann NEVER returned kicks in college...") only to have it crushed right up the middle, lol.
I love different things. Like how you ignored the Dexter McCluster example I brought up. That amuses me.

Thank you for the link. It is appreciated. I hope that once again a team like Southern Utah will be on the Spartans schedule next year.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Hostile;3757059 said:
Thank you for the link. It is appreciated. I hope that once again a team like Southern Utah will be on the Spartans schedule next year.

Hey, I resent that. I got my associates degree from SUU and we are perfectly capable of beating some Texas HS teams.

As far as the mock goes, this year it's about mash instead of flash (we got that last year). We have to fortify the trenches as we're another year older but playing as if we're five years older.

Do it through quality and not quantity. We can't have a repeat of the 2009 debacle with very little to show from it by trying to be cute. Trade down minimally, draft the big uglies and build bench strength for tomorrow and years down the road.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery;3757065 said:
Hey, I resent that. I got my associates degree from SUU and we are perfectly capable of beating some Texas HS teams.
No kidding? I used to live in St. George. I liked that area.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3757059 said:
Well, first you've got to put your money where your mouth is and name the price we are betting on. Until I know how much money I stand to make from this and who is going to hold the money from you and from me, it is a moot point.

:lmao:

I love different things. Like how you ignored the Dexter McCluster example I brought up. That amuses me.

Oh, you mean this quote from you?

Oh, and last year another poster informed me (much more politely than your temper tantrum contributions) that McCluster was not a college return man. 13 Punt Returns with 1 score, and 30 Kick returns so far this year.

You want me to take you seriously when you continue to spit up all over yourself, lol?

You're so completely misinformed it's a joke.

From CBSsports.com: "He finished his freshman campaign with...and 274 yards on 13 kickoff returns (21.08-yard average)....Returned eight punts for 57 yards (7.13-yard average), 19 kickoffs for 374 yards (19.68-yard average) and recorded eight solo tackles…"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1137461

First McCann and now McCluster? I guess there is some strange phenomena happening in college football where cyborg analogs are putting on player uniforms and returning kicks.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3757038 said:
I was not aware I had to conform to your opinions. Please forgive me, because I will continue to do exactly what I feel is correct even if it disagrees with you.

This would be ideal.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
Hostile;3755898 said:
7th round...#210...Cecil Shorts III, WR, Mount Union, 6'0", 190.[/B] From Chargers for Crayton. Simply put, this kid is a weapon. He can score on runs, catches, returns, and he even plays some QB. His stats from a small school just leap off the page at you and he plays for a Div III school that knows how to win. He will make some team very happy in the NFL.

interesting name

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
realtick;3757083 said:
You want me to take you seriously when you continue to spit up all over yourself, lol?

You're so completely misinformed it's a joke.

From CBSsports.com: "He finished his freshman campaign with...and 274 yards on 13 kickoff returns (21.08-yard average)....Returned eight punts for 57 yards (7.13-yard average), 19 kickoffs for 374 yards (19.68-yard average) and recorded eight solo tackles…"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1137461

First McCann and now McCluster? I guess there is some strange phenomena happening in college football where cyborg analogs are putting on player uniforms and returning kicks.
Good info. Again, I was told the same thing last year when I was talking McLuster for 3rd RB and KR and PR duties. I flat out do not care that McCann and McLuster both did some return duty. It is completely irrelevant to me. I simply used them as examples. I had looked up McCann's return duties and not found them. I did not do it until he was actually returning for us.

Again, I do not care. Brad Smith returns for the Jets now. Whether he ever did it at Missouri is irrelevant to me.

This is about the players I chose in a mock. This is about your stupid assumption that I have no idea who James Rodgers is. I do.

I have twice admitted to being wrong. Where I come from this is called manning up. Your turn.

Or you can continue to look really stupid by continuing to allege that I have no idea that JaQuizz Rodgers was not the Oregon State return man and his brother was. I don't care. Is that sinking in?

There is no reason that Quizz cannot be a return man in the NFL. I stand by that, and don't give two hoots in hell about the rest of your attempts to be a jerk other than to say it is getting really old in a big hurry.

I do not care if you take me seriously. I will never care about that. If you would like to know how much I care then do this experiment. Get a bucket and fill it with water. Stick your hand in. Pull your hand out. Look back at the hole in the water. That is how much I care about your opinion of me.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3757191 said:
Good info. Again, I was told the same thing last year when I was talking McLuster for 3rd RB and KR and PR duties. I flat out do not care that McCann and McLuster both did some return duty. It is completely irrelevant to me. I simply used them as examples. I had looked up McCann's return duties and not found them. I did not do it until he was actually returning for us.

Again, I do not care. Brad Smith returns for the Jets now. Whether he ever did it at Missouri is irrelevant to me.

Lol, you "don't care."

What a convenient lament for you.

Well that's really strange, because you cared enough to initially try to make a point about McCann and McCluster both not returning kicks in college. In fact, you thought your point about McCluster was so deft that you made it a point to bring it up again thinking I was trying to avoid the topic.

Funny thing now is that you've been proven to be completely misinformed, you suddenly now "don't care."

:rolleyes:

I have twice admitted to being wrong. Where I come from this is called manning up. Your turn.

Lol, ah yes, let's lionize you for "manning up" in saying that you were wrong.

How about you quit speaking about things you have no clue about and then you won't have to "man up."

Or you can continue to look really stupid by continuing to allege that I have no idea that JaQuizz Rodgers was not the Oregon State return man and his brother was. I don't care. Is that sinking in?

Oh the irony, the guy who has his card pulled twice in this thread after making bogus claims is warning me that I'm looking "stupid."

I do not care if you take me seriously. I will never care about that.

Oh please, you do care, that's why you made an effort to call me out and provide some misinformed support for your contention. You just got your feelings hurt because you were exposed as a misinformed bag of air. That ain't my problem, you brought that on yourself for speaking about things you have no clue about. Of course, now that you look silly you suddenly "don't care."

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;3757036 said:
I did not know that. What does he do?

Now I really like him.

You didn't know that, Hos? Could've sworn it was you that told us all that.

I think McElroy is a foregone conclusion to be selected in this draft by us. I think McGee gets cut or put on the practice squad.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
casmith07;3757252 said:
You didn't know that, Hos? Could've sworn it was you that told us all that.

I think McElroy is a foregone conclusion to be selected in this draft by us. I think McGee gets cut or put on the practice squad.

I'm not sure what McGee has done to suddenly deserve to be cut or demoted. I actually think the team is pretty happy with the development he showed in the preseason.

They are bringing him along slowly because they like him, in my opinion.

I think the next time we draft a QB it should be with the idea of picking the next franchise QB instead of spending another pick on a player that'll never see the field.