CFZ Aaron Donald is the missing Piece!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I mean ....... yea ...... I would love to have Aaron Donald ........ I just do not think we could afford him on a one year rental without using the money we need to sign someone younger we want to keep.

Now if he wanted to come play for us for very little ........ that would be great ....... but after 28 years, I do not think the Cowboys have the mystique anymore to attract star players to play for nothing.
Yep! I want him to play for nothing. LOL

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
not a bad idea, but your dreaming, jones boys would never make that move.
Jerry used to make bold moves when we were winning Superbowls. I am hoping Deon and Haley will slap him around a little and, “Jerry you can learn from your own history, be bold like when you signed us”

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yep! I want him to play for nothing. LOL
I was not inferring that you said that ........ and I would love to see a Parsons and Donald pass rush ........ But if Dak plays like he did against the 9'rs ....... well, it really wouldn't matter if we had the 85 bears D out there.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jerry used to make bold moves when we were winning Superbowls. I am hoping Deon and Haley will slap him around a little and, “Jerry you can learn from your own history, be bold like when you signed us”
Get rid of the salary cap and he would do it again ...... but the other owners will never allow that to happen.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Don’t have to win it all to get “over the hump”. The ceiling we keep bouncing off of is lower.

Four teams make it to the conference championship and we haven’t been one of them since the 90s.

Meaning, we haven’t been in the top 12% in close to 30 years.
We stats like these.
What do we have to lose? Nothing!

rambo2

Reaction score
Aaron Donald a bust?

No guts no glory? Sometimes in football, as in life, you need to take a calculated risk. This is one of those times.

Donald is a risk well worth taking. I think he would love to play on our young talented D with Quinn running the show!
I think that the dline is in good shape with what they have. We will see what happens.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
With the Cowboys it’s more like missing pieces than missing a piece. They’ve had issues stopping the run. Their QB has become inconsistent and they don’t run the ball consistently. The team has trouble staying motivated during the season and begins to fade by December. It’s not like if you add one player to this team, it’s going to lead to a championship.
I said a missing piece or two, but we are VERY close. It could be, we only need one piece, AND to stay relatively healthy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I said a missing piece or two, but we are VERY close. It could be, we only need one piece, AND to stay relatively healthy.
The Cowboys aren’t that close. You’re not close until you start reaching conference title games and the Cowboys haven’t reached one in 28 years. They haven’t gotten past the divisional round in 30 years. The problem hasn’t just been the personnel, the coaching hasn’t been good enough.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think that the dline is in good shape with what they have. We will see what happens.
The DL might be in good enough shape to win a Superbowl, but am not confident in that at all. I think we need one more big strong DT to add to the roster. When we were winning Superbowls in the 90’s are depth a DT was much better.

We see what happens every year when we just settle. We need another big strong DT, who can play, added to the roster!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren’t that close. You’re not close until you start reaching conference title games and the Cowboys haven’t reached one in 28 years. They haven’t gotten past the divisional round in 30 years. The problem hasn’t just been the personnel, the coaching hasn’t been good enough.
We are not close?
You probably said that 2 months before Tampa Bay went on a tear and won the Superbowl. LOL

I think we are very close on defense to becoming dominant, but we need one more talented DT!!!
If we are truly dominant on D, less than 14 points a game, it REALLY helps Dak and the O.

This team can win a Superbowl with 1 very solid DT and staying healthy!!!!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd trade Diggs for Donald today, and I LOVE Diggs on this team. It would leave us thin at corner, but imagine having guys like Micah, Lawrence, and Williams coming off the edge, Hankins or Mazi demanding double teams, and Donald creating chaos across the interior line.

Our safeties and linebackers are good enough and fast enough to swarm the ball on short passes. Anything intermediate or long is out of the question because the pocket will collapse 80% of the time. Is it necessary to have an all-pro corner with that kind of lineup?

Running up the middle would be impossible, and good luck getting to the edge with that speed on the field.

Diggs is due a big contract, and I'd imagine Donald would warrant about the same, if not a little more. Well worth the additional investment for what he brings to the table.

rambo2

Reaction score
The DL might be in good enough shape to win a Superbowl, but am not confident in that at all. I think we need one more big strong DT to add to the roster. When we were winning Superbowls in the 90’s are depth a DT was much better.

We see what happens every year when we just settle. We need another big strong DT, who can play, added to the roster!
They have Hankins and Smith at the 1 tech along with Bohanna. They also drafted Fehoko and have Osa, Golston and the one from OU at the 3 tech. Hankins, Smith, Osa, and Fehoko are locks to make the team and Golston probably will.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We are not close?
You probably said that 2 months before Tampa Bay went on a tear and won the Superbowl. LOL

I think we are very close on defense to becoming dominant, but we need one more talented DT!!!
If we are truly dominant on D, less than 14 points a game, it REALLY helps Dak and the O.

This team can win a Superbowl with 1 very solid DT and staying healthy!!!!
How can you be close when you haven’t been past the divisional round of the playoffs in 30 years? The Cowboys didn’t even win their division last year they were a wildcard team. Our defense started off great with a tremendous pass rush and began to fade as the season went on. We got beat by two rookie QBs. We’re going to have a tough time getting past Philly the next several years. We’re having trouble getting past San Francisco in the playoffs regardless who they have at QB. We’re not close! Go check out all the power rankings and see how close everyone thinks we are. Lol

conner01

Reaction score
Let’s take AD out of the equation for just a second.

Our young really good players need help. Do we keep drafting and waiting to develop more talent, possibly missing the competitive window of our young players? Or do we take a risk and pull off a move that might put us over the top right now and possibly lose those young guys to FA?

If AD is not that guy, that’s fine. I’m not going to stand on the table and argue he is.

But I’m personally tired of the option 1 approach that hasn’t gotten us past the divisional round in decades.
That’s why we got Gillmore and Cook. Two really good players who will help improve the team over last year. And that’s why they added mazi because they think he can be more than just a run stuffing NT. I wanted a guard myself because this team is better when they can run the ball. But if he can impact the passing game as well as stuff the run that’s huge. He’s not AD and likely never will be. But we don’t need him to be an alltime great. Just not a realistic expectation for any player. But he has the physical traits to be a major impact player and Quinn may just be the perfect coach to get it out of him
I don’t think it’s a stretch to think the defense can be better than last year with the additions we’ve added as well as getting most everyone back. On offense we are certainly better at WR than last year. If the oline can stay healthy we very well could be better on offense. Not necessarily stats wise but effectively managing games
You have to play the games but the D to me looks pretty nice. I’d love to have a proven guard and that could be an issue but then again they may be right about the guys we do hsve

rambo2

Reaction score
How can you be close when you haven’t been past the divisional round of the playoffs in 30 years? The Cowboys didn’t even win their division last year they were a wildcard team. Our defense started off great with a tremendous pass rush and began to fade as the season went on. We got beat by two rookie QBs. We’re going to have a tough time getting past Philly the next several years. We’re having trouble getting past San Francisco in the playoffs regardless who they have at QB. We’re not close! Go check out all the power rankings and see how close everyone thinks we are. Lol
Close is losing a one score game.

Jarntt

Reaction score
There
are
no
words
I think those 4 words say it all. You actually started a thread and finished telling Jerry to go get the best non QB in the league like the Rams are just going to do that. Why not get Mahomes too while we are at it. He sure would help us to get a SB. And part of why we got Haley was because he took his junk out in team meetings and pissed in a teammates sunroof. I don’t think Donald did that yet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Close is losing a one score game.
The Cowboys lost several one score games in the divisional round. Their last two divisional round losses to the Packers was by one score. Just in the last two seasons, they lost one score games to San Francisco in the divisional round. We’re not close to getting over the hump.