Aaron Rodgers anyone?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Guys,
Yes this is just me spitballing here. Don’t just shoot me down. What would it take to get Rodgers in Dallas.
I don’t see how this Jordan Love situation is going to get any better. Teams don’t draft rookie QB’s in the first round to sit in the bench. It’s too much of a financial benefit to ignore. The Packers have already paid the bulk of his contract. I would offer a first and third and have 5 good years of Rodgers.
Rodgers will play past 40 where better to end his career than Dallas. He will have the weapons and yes I know it did not end well with McCarthy but they did win a SB together @ Jerryworld.
Guys this is the time to pounce when you see weakness. We are not tied to Dak. The cost for this year will not be anymore than what we pay Dak.

If GB had wanted to move on from Rodgers this year, they should have been looking to deal Rodgers once they made their first round pick of a QB.

Rodgers to the Cowboys will be a story until Dak signs a new contract or Rodgers goes to a new team. That could go on into next year. People should get used to it now.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on, Luck has nothing to do with this.

He's there and if willing to return the Colts would be most agreeable to get something for nothing as it stands now.
Pretty much a win-win situation by both teams.

dckid

Reaction score
Profoundly dumb idea.

Replace Dak with a guy who is 10 years older and near the end of his career, who has a salty relationship with our new coach (no way he gets fired if Rodgers didn't sign off on that move), who will cost similar money plus the draft picks just to trade for him.

The Never-Dak crowd is really desperate and embarrassing themselves. One day you all want to just rescind the franchise tag and let him walk to spite him or punish him for wanting to get paid. (As if walking into a starting job in New England is punishment.) The rhetoric, for a time, was attempting to claim it's nothing personal against Dak, it's just a fundamental belief that paying big money to a QB is a losing proposition. Which, fine. But then the next day, you all want to give guys near the end of their career the same money just to make it clear that it was never about not wanting to "overpay" the QB position. It was just about your inner discomfort at seeing someone like Dak get paid big money this whole time.

Ugh.

Our fans are the worst.
It was just a idea guy. I think Dak does not have the upside of Rodgers. If I can pay the two guys exactly the same i would take Rodgers for the next 5 years.
Bold moves are what take you to a SB. I think we might have a window for an opportunity. Rodgers is pissed and his run in GB will be over sooner than we think.
Rodgers is not the same player he was in 2015 I agree but put him in Dallas with these weapons he could get unlocked again.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Guys,
Yes this is just me spitballing here. Don’t just shoot me down. What would it take to get Rodgers in Dallas.
I don’t see how this Jordan Love situation is going to get any better. Teams don’t draft rookie QB’s in the first round to sit in the bench. It’s too much of a financial benefit to ignore. The Packers have already paid the bulk of his contract. I would offer a first and third and have 5 good years of Rodgers.
Rodgers will play past 40 where better to end his career than Dallas. He will have the weapons and yes I know it did not end well with McCarthy but they did win a SB together @ Jerryworld.
Guys this is the time to pounce when you see weakness. We are not tied to Dak. The cost for this year will not be anymore than what we pay Dak.
Jeez some of the fans here are just unbelievable.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think he will. I think we will have a new starter by midsession. I don’t think he’s good

Define good? Was Aikman's career 61.5% completions, 165 TD's/141 INT's good? Or is he not held to the same standard that Dak get's here? But i'm guessing Aikman didn't have any flaws by Dak haters here. Big shock. And I followed Aikman's entire career.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
It was just a idea guy. I think Dak does not have the upside of Rodgers. If I can pay the two guys exactly the same i would take Rodgers for the next 5 years.
Bold moves are what take you to a SB. I think we might have a window for an opportunity. Rodgers is pissed and his run in GB will be over sooner than we think.
Rodgers is not the same player he was in 2015 I agree but put him in Dallas with these weapons he could get unlocked again.

The Aaron Rogers who has 62% completions over the last 2 seasons? Dak doesn't have that upside?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
This is the only reason why I would want Rogers here. This would be following him here....

Danica-Patrick-feet-sexy.jpg

Looks like a man. Yuck.

dckid

Reaction score
Profoundly dumb ideas are par for the course here. They’re an every day occurrence.
Sorry for ty
The Aaron Rogers who has 62% completions over the last 2 seasons? Dak doesn't have that upside?
Guys, I was trying to think outside the box here. The team is really not willing to pay Dak, and if they make the same salary, I dont care about the % percentage. Aaron is better than Dak.

Swagger

Reaction score
Profoundly dumb idea.

Replace Dak with a guy who is 10 years older and near the end of his career, who has a salty relationship with our new coach (no way he gets fired if Rodgers didn't sign off on that move), who will cost similar money plus the draft picks just to trade for him.

The Never-Dak crowd is really desperate and embarrassing themselves. One day you all want to just rescind the franchise tag and let him walk to spite him or punish him for wanting to get paid. (As if walking into a starting job in New England is punishment.) The rhetoric, for a time, was attempting to claim it's nothing personal against Dak, it's just a fundamental belief that paying big money to a QB is a losing proposition. Which, fine. But then the next day, you all want to give guys near the end of their career the same money just to make it clear that it was never about not wanting to "overpay" the QB position. It was just about your inner discomfort at seeing someone like Dak get paid big money this whole time.

Ugh.

Our fans are the worst.

I don't think people would have an issue paying big money to a QB like Mahomes. People who don't want to pay big money to Prescott probably just think he isn't very good or worth a couple of million less a season less than Mahomes. It's nothing personal! I do not understand why people would consider it to be personal.

The 49ers let Buckner walk and brought in a player with similar skill sets in Kinlaw saving what $70 million over four seasons? It wasn't personal but it enabled them to keep/bring in other players integral to helping the team compete for a Superbowl. We could have done something similar and drafted Hurts in the second round on a rookie contract for four seasons and let Prescott walk.

However that didn't happen and realistically Prescott will be signed long term and you just have to roll with it. We have seemingly drafted very well so perhaps the overall quality of the roster can carry him - we certainly have a lot of talent.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Sorry for ty

Guys, I was trying to think outside the box here. The team is really not willing to pay Dak, and if they make the same salary, I dont care about the % percentage. Aaron is better than Dak.

Not the Aaron Rogers today is better than a healthy Dak. Keep dreaming.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
If you think the Packers are going to jump to Jordan Love after the season they just had then the real question is why didn’t Dallas draft Love instead of Lamb?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So he could come in and cry about mccarthy? Rodgers is a ****** bag, and the packers are planning for the future. Just like they did with him and the favre situation. Funny how he gets mad when they did him just like they did favre.

My initial gut reaction is that...Rodgers is a *&*&*&* bag.

However...I am not above being a ho when it comes to winning.

I feel like no way in he double hockey sticks....But he's won some games. Um....no. FInal answer.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sorry for ty

The team isn’t willing to make Dak the highest paid player in the league. They’re sold on him but not for the kind of money he’s looking for. Aaron Rodgers is better than Dak but his best years are behind him and there’s a lot of reports that he and McCarthy didn’t have a good relationship. You can’t build a future with an aging QB especially one who didn’t see eye to eye with McCarthy.