Adam Pacman Jones in a fight lastnight w/personal security...see Post #19

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
parcells316;2320034 said:
Just another distraction with an important game coming up. Of course that's what happens when you sign clowns like this.
yeah, we're better off with the rookies and Henry, let's go get that Super Bowl.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Drinking, hotel bar, fight with security guard, not paying room tab

This if true - PacGone

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;2320044 said:
Drinking, hotel bar, fight with security guard, not paying room tab

This if true - PacGone

This is why all this "Roy Williams to Dallas" talk just bewildered me. We have more issues in other areas BUT the offensive side of the ball. Newman's been banged up since TC, we all knew what we were getting with Pacman, etc, etc.

Really-I would have preferred more "Let's trade for a pass rusher" threads than anything else.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2320052 said:
How come Ed Werder isn't on ESPN crowing about this?

Very odd indeed....may be waiting for the comish to lower the boom.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
If Pac had an altercation involving broken anything and/or alcohol then he needs to be removed from the team by JJ.

Take non-coach cupcake with you and regroup for the 2nd half of the season when we play actual teams with winning records. Might give them something to build on and motivate them with FEAR.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
If Pac does get suspened then does the orginaztion get fined or penalized as well?

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
No offense, but why did you guys sign this guy? Yes he has talent but he's shown time and time again that he can't control himself off the football field.

Its not like you didn't have good corners without him...I can understand signing TO because you didn't have a deep threat and Glenn was aging...but why Pacman?

Mash

Reaction score
Its all good.....

Thats why the trade had some insurance on it.......this isnt a big loss to Dallas......Jerry tried to take a chance and it seems like Pacman didnt live up to the bargain....we get a draft pick back and Jerry loses very little money.

Pacman loses big here......no one else.....

At least Dallas was smart enough to draft some DB's.....and now its time for those two rookies to step up.

Newman injury hurts more.....but thats the NFL....Look at the Eagles and Westbrook.....these things happen in this league.

Lets overcome this and succeed.......alot of games still need to be played....

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2320071 said:
No offense, but why did you guys sign this guy? Yes he has talent but he's shown time and time again that he can't control himself off the football field.

Its not like you didn't have good corners without him...I can understand signing TO because you didn't have a deep threat and Glenn was again...but why Pacman?

last year we had really bad corner play after our top 2 guys, they went CB crazy in the off season.

Sucks he hasn't even done squat on punt returns and I really expecting something there.

Mash

Reaction score

Its not like you didn't have good corners without him...I can understand signing TO because you didn't have a deep threat and Glenn was again...but why Pacman?

Because the way the trade was set up and the contract given it was a high reward low risk deal.

We still drafted two cb's ....and it looks like both could be come real good players....

Now its time for them to step up.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Mash;2320073 said:
Its all good.....

Thats why the trade had some insurance on it.......this isnt a big loss to Dallas......Jerry tried to take a chance and it seems like Pacman didnt live up to the bargain....we get a draft pick back and Jerry loses very little money.

Pacman loses big here......no one else.....

At least Dallas was smart enough to draft some DB's.....and now its time for those two rookies to step up.

Newman injury hurts more.....but thats the NFL....Look at the Eagles and Westbrook.....these things happen in this league.

Lets overcome this and succeed.......alot of games still need to be played....

Shawn Andrews' back injury may be worse than the Eagles are letting everyone know as well. Jason Taylor has been out for a couple of weeks for the Skins. And the Giants' Osi is gone for the year.

I HATE injuries REGARDLESS of what team it is-but everyone experiences it every year. No matter how healthy we've been over the last few years, we've always had key guys go down(Fergy last year, Ellis the year before, and Flo the year before that). So I guess we're doing OK compared to the rest of the league.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Mash;2320079 said:
Because the way the trade was set up and the contract given it was a high reward low risk deal.

We still drafted two cb's ....and it looks like both could be come real good players....

Now its time for them to step up.

Yep, that's right.

The only thing we risked was relying on the guy, and bad press. I'd like to have Oglesby back about now.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score

Its not like you didn't have good corners without him...I can understand signing TO because you didn't have a deep threat and Glenn was aging...but why Pacman?

We didn't sign Pacman

we traded our 4th for him. And if he gets suspended, or removed from the team, we get the 4th back in the 09 draft.

So what? Because we didn't trade our entire draft for aging players, and then proceed to sign failures from other teams, to huge multi year deals, we're the stupid ones?

Maybe you should question your moves, before you question ours.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2320000 said:
The Eric Williams and Larry Allen incidents should have taught us all to wait until we have all the facts before passing judgements.

What Larry Allen incident?

When the news first broke about the Eric Williams incident my first thought was "This chick is making crap up to get $$$". And I was right.

So no need to wait for facts for me, I have a good feel for these kinds of things. :D

What people aren't "getting" is that even if it really isn't that big a deal in a "normal" world, it won't necessarily matter. Pacman (I'm gonna start calling him pacman again) isn't living in a "Normal" world. He's already skating on thin ice so a "minor" incident could still drown him, so to speak.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
I just don't see it. How many of us have been drunk and gotten into "scuffles", violent or not, with friends and acquaintances based on drunk-talk or misheard comments?

Of course Pacman should not have been intoxicated in public, but I don't believe sobriety's a condition of his reinstatement.

All this talk of violent scuffles is an oxymoron anyway. Seems like Goodell and Pac probably had a serious chat today about the matter and that will probably be it.

Of course this probably is his LAST LAST chance for realsies. But he'll play Sunday.

dogberry

Reaction score
Adam's attorney may decide claiming police brutality is the most fruitful avenue to pursue.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I am pretty happy that we have two rookie CBs that look very promising.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Larry Allen supposedly raped/assaulted a stripper outside a strip club in like 2000-2001. Of course it wasn't true.

The Erik Williams / Michael Irvin incident with Nina Shavrahan was where she falsely accused Irvin of holding a gun to her head while Erik raped her. That was total BS as well.

This account is probably mostly true, but assuming it is as sensationalized as possible it doesn't rise to the level of a suspendable offense.

SweetDC

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2319978 said:
JONES SCUFFLED WITH HIS TEAM-ISSUED “BABYSITTER”
Posted by Mike Florio on October 8, 2008, 8:56 p.m.

The Dallas Cowboys had no comment about the fight involving cornerback Pacman Jones because the team had no information about the incident. Well, if the team doesn’t have information about the situation, it simply hasn’t bothered to ask for it.

Per a league source, the “bodyguard” with whom Jones fought in the bathroom of a Dallas hotel was an off-duty police officer who has been hired by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to babysit Pacman.

The source says that the problem started because the babysitter popped off to Jones’ female companion. Jones, who had been drinking, then started up with the guy, and it culminated in a scuffle.

Jones, we’re told, had marks on his face at practice on Wednesday.

It remains to be seen whether the Cowboys or the league will take any action about the situation.
I am curious as to what the security guy said to Pac's woman. Because security or not, I don't think most guys would stand idly by while a guy is yelling at his girl. Mix in alcohol and this is a fight I've seen a million times:
Guy disrepects Girl
Boyfriend warns Guy
Girl mouthes off to Guy (knowing Boyfriend has her back)
Guy says something smart again
Boyfriend punches Guy
Let the rumble begin!
Be it justified or not, trouble follows him wherever he goes. Pac just needs to stop going out altogether. He has so much to lose.