Adam Pacman Jones in a fight lastnight w/personal security...see Post #19

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
A4getaboutit;2320143 said:
Why wouldnt he pay the bill and replace the mirror? Makes it look a lot worse that he would just leave the hotel room vandalized

He didnt have a hotel room, he was there for a movie premeire party. The mirror was in the bathroom

juck

Reaction score
All it is right now is some old rich dork and his wife got woken up by some arguing and called the front office,who called the police.no report was filed at all.this is nothing.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;2320052 said:
How come Ed Werder isn't on ESPN crowing about this?
You rang?

Reports: Pacman gets in fight with bodyguard at Dallas hotel
ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 8, 2008, 10:29 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones got into a fight with one of his security guards at a downtown Dallas hotel on Wednesday morning, several media outlets are reporting.

Jones

Dallas' CBS affiliate, Channel 11, first reported Wednesday that Jones was involved in an altercation at the Joule Hotel in Dallas, damaging a bathroom.

Dallas Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck told the Dallas Morning News police were called to the scene at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. Chief Golbeck told the News he thought Jones was staying at the hotel and may have been drinking.

There was no police report filed regarding the incident.

Worrick Robinson, Jones' attorney, told ESPN's Ed Werder that he had a conversation with Jones on Wednesday about the alleged incident.

"I'm not satisfied anything has happened,'' Robinson said. "I perform due diligence on rumors anytime there is an allegation made against a player I represent, and at this point I can tell you that I'm not satisfied that anything occurred.''

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello had no comment. The Dallas Cowboys said they had no information about the incident and also had no comment.

A source told ESPN that NFL Security has been notified and is investigating.

It was apparently a coincidence that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell visited Cowboys players at their Valley Ranch training complex Wednesday. Goodell suspended Jones from the league for the entire 2007 season for violating the NFL player conduct policy after he was arrested six times in his first three NFL seasons.

The Cowboys acquired him from the Tennessee Titans in a historic trade in April. Jones became the first player in NFL history to be traded while serving a suspension.

The expectation is that Jones is likely to be called to New York to explain his conduct to Goodell, a source close to the player said. Jones' reinstatement is contingent upon his ability to conduct himself appropriately.

Deion Sanders, who has acted as a mentor for Adam Jones since his arrival in Dallas, was also at Valley Ranch on Wednesday, ESPN.com's Matt Mosley reported.

Compounding the potential consequences for the Cowboys is that Jones has been starting at left cornerback for Pro Bowler Terence Newman, who is attempting to confirm a preliminary diagnosis of a sports hernia injury that could sideline him for a minimum of six weeks if surgery is required.

In a sitdown interview with ESPN just before the start of the NFL season, Jones explained his decision to provide Jones with a four-man security detail at the team's expense.

"We have in place a staff here that really is good at monitoring what our players do," the Cowboys owner said. "Now I say this at the risk of knowing that in the next minute or in the morning I could get a phone call. ...When you're dealing with the numbers of people that we're dealing with and get some news that isn't too savory. On the other hand, this does call for an awareness on the part of any player that he is being monitored and the reputation of our team is at stake."

In his two decades of owning the Cowboys, Jones has established a reputation for taking risks on players who fit a specific profile. Jones says they must have a uniquely big work ethic, an intensely competitive personality and no history of substance abuse.

Before completing the trade, Jerry Jones told ESPN he sent investigators to Tennessee to research every incident in which Adam had been accused of wrongdoing and was so thorough in his background check that he and an assistant personally looked into every person to whom Jones wrote a personal check to determine the quality of people with whom he was associating.

Jerry Jones said he specifically informed Adam Jones he had lost most of his benefit of the doubt and underscored the privilege of playing in the NFL and wearing the Cowboys uniform.

"When we do have a player come to the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said, "I really do expect him to understand that, 'Look you've stepped on some bright lines you may even have gone over them certainly, and we've got to really get it back in the middle because all your benefit of the doubt is gone.'"

ESPN.com's Ed Werder and Matt Mosley contributed to this report.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/2020ap_fbn_cowboys_pacman_fight.html

By JEFF CARLTON
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

DALLAS -- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was involved in a fight with one of his bodyguards, according to Dallas police, the night before attending a previously scheduled team meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

No one was arrested and no one will be charged in connection with the fight late Tuesday night at The Joule, an upscale downtown hotel.

Jones missed all of last season for Tennessee while serving an NFL suspension for off-field incidents. Goodell fully reinstated the cornerback, acquired by Dallas in a trade in April, just before the season opener.

"Someone from the business called police," Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. "Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left."

The incident report lists no names, and Monreal said he did not know if Jones was involved in the fight, which was first reported by Dallas-Fort Worth TV station KTVT.

But the details of the incident and Jones' involvement were confirmed to The Dallas Morning News by Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck, who is a commander of the central patrol division, which responded to the call. Golbeck was not in the police station Wednesday night, and a dispatcher at the central patrol division declined to comment.

Jones' agent, Warrick Robinson, said he had spoken with Jones on Wednesday but declined to discuss the details of their conversation. He referred all questions to the Cowboys. Team spokesman Rich Dalrymple did not immediately respond to an e-mail and voicemail left by The Associated Press.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the NFL had no comment.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
"I'm not satisfied anything has happened,'' Robinson said. "I perform due diligence on rumors anytime there is an allegation made against a player I represent, and at this point I can tell you that I'm not satisfied that anything occurred.''

thats good...I really don't think anything will be made of this.

In the best case scenario, the league suspends him for 1 game, cowboys get the 4th round pick back and pacman resumes playing after his suspension and wins a super bowl :D

Spectre

Reaction score
Here we go with the infamous Cowboys-fan-base-defense of a guy who is not deserving of it.

Dude is a punk. You know it and I know it. If he were still a Titan we'd all be having a big laugh about this. Well I'll just laugh alone then.

Serves Jerry Jones and the organization right for signing the guy if/when he is banned from the league. Enough chances. Good riddance.

That's one thing you can't say about Parcells. This garbage would never enter the team building when he was here.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ajk23az;2320186 said:
thats good...I really don't think anything will be made of this.

In the best case scenario, the league suspends him for 1 game, cowboys get the 4th round pick back and pacman resumes playing after his suspension and wins a super bowl :D

If he gets suspended at all, we'd essentially get a fifth-rounder and a sixth-rounder out of it, with the fifth being Tennessee's and the sixth being our own that we wouldn't have to send to Tennessee.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2320194 said:
If he gets suspended at all, we'd essentially get a fifth-rounder and a sixth-rounder out of it, with the fifth being Tennessee's and the sixth being our own that we wouldn't have to send to Tennessee.

Ahhh ok, thanks.

juck

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2320191 said:
That's a totally different spin than the other stories put out there...

Jerry's a pretty powerful guy.lol

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Even if he gets lucky and this isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back ... give him a few weeks, he'll be in another incident.

juck

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2320204 said:
Even if he gets lucky and this isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back ... give him a few weeks, he'll be in another incident.

no he wont.at least not till we win the SB.

juck

Reaction score
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Chocolate Lab;2320209 said:
If only that bodyguard had been half as protective as juckie...

We need Pac.If he spits its news.

dogberry

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry hires a security guard who won't get in a fight with the guy he's protecting.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Thank You AdamJT13...as we all know, you're one of the voices of reasons on this MB.