Adam Schefer reporting Murray intends to sign; no contract signed by Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
What precedent is there for Jerry allowing one of our premium players leave to join a division rival?

Jerry has an ego, I'll be surprised if he lays down and does what I think is the sensible thing. If he has a say, I can't see him restraining himself from opening his wallet to save face.

I doubt this. Think it would have opposite effect and it would look like he got played by Philly and DMs agent if he dove back in

superonyx

Reaction score
What precedent is there for Jerry allowing one of our premium players leave to join a division rival?

Jerry has an ego, I'll be surprised if he lays down and does what I think is the sensible thing. If he has a say, I can't see him restraining himself from opening his wallet to save face.

We just don't know what the FO really thinks about Murray. It seems Garrett is on his side which should mean the Owner is also. But maybe they really do believe losing him wont be much of a loss. I would hope that they have a real backup plan.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yeah, Roy W. Laid it on him in that game. I remember oh too well.

It was surreal. I cheered for him when they showed him getting introduced and rooted against him during the game. I could never boo him. The Cardinals were not the Eagles though. This one stings.

phildadon86

Reaction score
But it's not a one or the other situation. I don't have a problem with DM walking and not signing AP.

And btw, Murray did have a lot of carries last year, but it wasn't close to 500. By your logic if he had close to 500 then he had close to 285.

I said touches. 496 touches last season. By my logic you are wrong

superonyx

Reaction score
Regardless of how this ends it is not the best way for the Cowboys to treat one of their most productive players. I am not saying to pay him crazy. I am saying that they didn't handle this thing right. The coach should have to tract the RB down at as Mavs game. The RB shouldn't have to solicit offers from the Eagles. This is a circus and no matter the outcome it wasn't handled right. You didn't see Suh and the Lions do this.

manster4ever

Reaction score
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent DeMarco Murray "is expected to" sign with the Eagles.

Which now begs the question of whether Ryan Mathews will back out of his contract. With Murray going to Philly, Mathews will have a much harder time earning built-in incentives. We'll wait to make the Murray deal official until he signs on the dotted line, but the Cowboys appear to be moving on, too. Reports indicate they've begun reaching out to other free agent running backs.

I could live with Forsett, a 3rd rounder like Johnson and remember we still have Ryan Williams. Cut Dunbar and Randle now.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Deion "nine-toed" Sanders went to the skins.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Exactly. As. Stated in the thread the other day, if you are on the road playing the Gents that game check is taxed for New Jersey.

Then FAs should be considering the states of divisional rivals, as well as their new teams;) NFCE is expensive considering the real "East" teams are in high tax locales (WAS-MD/NY anyway).

Last edited:

wileedog

Reaction score
Regardless of how this ends it is not the best way for the Cowboys to treat one of their most productive players. I am not saying to pay him crazy. I am saying that they didn't handle this thing right. The coach should have to tract the RB down at as Mavs game. The RB shouldn't have to solicit offers from the Eagles. This is a circus and no matter the outcome it wasn't handled right. You didn't see Suh and the Lions do this.

I think the writing was on the wall about how the FO felt about re-signing Murray when they fed him 390 carries last year. You don't do that to a back you intend to give big $$$ to for the next 3-4 years.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Again Schefter confirming on Espn right now he is an eagle boys next target up in the air right now.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
For those wanting AP..and I'd love it too...but no matter what a beast the guy is there is no way we are going to stand pat of on 27 yr old DM and then throw the money he is owed now in Minny at AP...at 30. No way. Let's concentrate on realities here.

manster4ever

Reaction score

I see your point and agree with most of it BUT... One difference is Suh couldnt WAIT to get outta Detroit... Not so much with DM... He really wanted to stay but the feeling wasn't really mutual

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
For those wanting AP..and I'd love it too...but no matter what a beast the guy is there is no way we are going to stand pat of on 27 yr old DM and then throw the money he is owed now in Minny at AP...at 30. No way. Let's concentrate on realities here.

You're probably right. I just view AP as the exception to every rule. I think he will be productive longer than Murray.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.